Why is to taking so long for job ????? Watch

Feelingbored
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I applied to more than ten places and I’ve received emails saying they will contact soon via email. I’ve waited for about 3 days yet still nothing. Any advice ? Is this normal ?
Nay30
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

Usually most companies can take up to a week to process your application, or two weeks to entirely discuss the opportunity for an interview.
It is the start of the summer holidays so these places may be experiencing a high number of applicants for the job role.
This is normal but I suggest if you hear nothing after 2 weeks, then do not worry about it, just try again with another company.
Hopefully you’ll get some responses soon ^_^

Best of luck!
sunn98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Feelingbored)
I applied to more than ten places and I’ve received emails saying they will contact soon via email. I’ve waited for about 3 days yet still nothing. Any advice ? Is this normal ?
There could be a lot of factors for this. it depends on the role you're applying/where you're applying/how competitive it is etc. But generally speaking, employers take so long to get back. 3 days is nothing to be honest, wait 1-2 weeks more and see what they say. For example, my friend applied to so many places and more than half of them said the same thing they did to you, and she was finally offered the role after 4 whole weeks lol. So my advice would be to just wait a little more and see, and DONT give up just keep applying! I hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.77%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.05%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7.05%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (26)
10.79%
Monster Munch (18)
7.47%
Pringles (64)
26.56%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (15)
6.22%
Walkers Beef and Onion (3)
1.24%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (43)
17.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise