Suggestions please

I have offers from the following universities for MSc Business Analytics
1) University of Leeds
2) University of Liverpool
3) University of Strathclyde
4) Lancaster University
5) Aston University
6) University of Stirling
Which of these is better? Also I am an international student so the city hardly matters.
I have also applied to University of Manchester, but I am waiting for the results.
Should I accept offer from any of these or wait for Manchester?
Reply 1
All are good universities but i would probably rank leeds, strathclyde and Lancasters business schools above the others. I would recommend waiting for Manchester to respond there's no point in making a rushed decision if you haven't heard back from all and Manchester is arguably the best.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Agreed with @aleml, wait for Manchester if possible. Otherwise Leeds or Lancaster for your liking.
Reply 3
Original post by aleml
All are good universities but i would probably rank leeds, strathclyde and Lancasters business schools above the others. I would recommend waiting for Manchester to respond there's no point in making a rushed decision if you haven't heard back from all and Manchester is arguably the best.

but doesn't Liverpool and Leeds come in Russell group, does that make any difference?
Reply 4
Russel group is a collection of good universities but there are plenty outside it that would be the same or better. Bath, Strathclyde, St Andrews and lancaster are just a few. All the universities in the 'second cluster' behind oxbridge would be in a similar playing field but for business Lancaster, strathclyde and leeds would be better than Liverpool. I may place Leeds slightly above the other too in terms of reputation.

(Original post by mskoul)
but doesn't Liverpool and Leeds come in Russell group, does that make any difference?
Reply 5
yes you're right I was checking online Leeds is ranked above all of them but then Leeds have no placement. It is clearly written that there will be no work placement.
Original post by mskoul
I have offers from the following universities for MSc Business Analytics
1) University of Leeds
2) University of Liverpool
3) University of Strathclyde
4) Lancaster University
5) Aston University
6) University of Stirling
Which of these is better? Also I am an international student so the city hardly matters.
I have also applied to University of Manchester, but I am waiting for the results.
Should I accept offer from any of these or wait for Manchester?

Of the ones listed - Lancaster/Leeds both the best regarded as institutions. I went to Stirling and absolutely loved it - the campus is the most beautiful in Europe and there is a strong sense of community. Great for being active/outdoors but doesn't have a particular strong reputation.

Quick Reply

Latest