The Student Room Group

Sexting Experiences

Have you ever sexted?
How was your sexting experiences like?
Did you allow the recipient to keep the photos/videos? If not, how do you make sure they won't keep them?

I'm just curious on how it works. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Have you ever sexted?
How was your sexting experiences like?
Did you allow the recipient to keep the photos/videos? If not, how do you make sure they won't keep them?

I'm just curious on how it works. Thanks :smile:

Not really, I found it a bit cringey. Looking back, it definitely was.

There is no way to safely send pictures and ensure that person won't at some point use them against you. You can't trust anyone and don't know how your relationship might change in future.
Reply 2
I have sexted, I do with my boyfriend
It's like expected, we send sexy messages and they're nice to receive and talk about,
Yes I allowed him to keep the pics :smile:
I definitely don't suggest it if it's with someone random
(Thankfully, I was too old for sexting.)

NSN: Never Send Nudes.

It's high risk and the risk significantly outweighs the benefit.

A quick thrill, perhaps a picture back for the longterm risk that a sensitive imagine is out there which you no longer control who sees it, who edits it, how/where it's stored and when if ever it's deleted.

There are also high profile cases of people deliberately exposing others to cause them harm and criminals/abusers using such images/activity for blackmail to extort money or further images.

If you ever feel pressured to sext or someone is bulling you to, something is very wrong - don't send anything and instead talk to an adult you trust.

You also need to be mindful of the laws around sexting. Creating, owning or distributing a nude/sexual image of someone under 18 is an offence in the UK (even if it's an image of yourself or something that's been sent to you by someone else of themselves), although clearly the police would likely only get involved in extreme cases such as abuse or exploitation.

Not everyone is doing it and many people regret doing it. There are better and safer ways to flirt with people you like, build your confidence and make yourself feel good.

If you've already sent images try not to worry about it. You're in the same situation of millions of other young people. These things happen and while risky it's likely that if you sent these pictures in the past and nothing bad has happened, nothing bad will happen regarding these old pictures.

For adults some risks can be mitigated ensuring the images don't identify you (face/tattoos/any personal details), only share with someone you know and trust, ideally avoid sharing/storing via the web/third party applications and instead do so directly.
(edited 4 years ago)
i like your badges can i have some please
Original post by Elektra06
I have sexted, I do with my boyfriend
It's like expected, we send sexy messages and they're nice to receive and talk about,
Yes I allowed him to keep the pics :smile:
I definitely don't suggest it if it's with someone random

Original post by Charlotte's Web
Not really, I found it a bit cringey. Looking back, it definitely was.

There is no way to safely send pictures and ensure that person won't at some point use them against you. You can't trust anyone and don't know how your relationship might change in future.

Quick Reply

Latest