Jiji Sand
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I did CIE AS in november 2018 and A2 in june 2019. And I guess I did not do well in a2 so planning to retake in november 2019. Since my AS mark is good enough, I want to retake only A2. In this case, is it possible to retake only A2 in nov 2019 and get complete A-Level certificate? Or do I need to retake both AS and A2 to get complete A level certificate in nov 2019?
Please give me an answer ~~~~~~
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
toboscos25
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
from what i know, you need to redo both. you cant just redo a2 lol trust me i understand how you feel i did as oct nov cie as well and got ABC , these a2 exams were really challenging and im kinda scared my grades will drop but i leave it to God, i would redo just a2 if i could. what subs do you do?? i do math physics and econs
(Original post by Jiji Sand)
Hi, I did CIE AS in november 2018 and A2 in june 2019. And I guess I did not do well in a2 so planning to retake in november 2019. Since my AS mark is good enough, I want to retake only A2. In this case, is it possible to retake only A2 in nov 2019 and get complete A-Level certificate? Or do I need to retake both AS and A2 to get complete A level certificate in nov 2019?
Please give me an answer ~~~~~~
iamjoecll
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
you can, in fact, retake A2 only. However, November 2019 would be your last chance to carry forward your AS mark because you can carry forward your AS mark up to 12 months only (2 sessions)

I also did October November 2018 for my AS and im taking my A2 this November; I got ABBC in Biology Chemistry Physics and Mathematics
(Original post by toboscos25)
from what i know, you need to redo both. you cant just redo a2 lol trust me i understand how you feel i did as oct nov cie as well and got ABC , these a2 exams were really challenging and im kinda scared my grades will drop but i leave it to God, i would redo just a2 if i could. what subs do you do?? i do math physics and econs
toboscos25
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
ohh frr? i diddnt even know. well anyways, i think the worst outcome of my a levels will be bbc. so if i can use that to go to a decent uni through clearing then id be alright. the math exam i did was so saddening and disheartening. really made me despise math. i acc never want to look at a level math again.
(Original post by iamjoecll)
you can, in fact, retake A2 only. However, November 2019 would be your last chance to carry forward your AS mark because you can carry forward your AS mark up to 12 months only (2 sessions)

I also did October November 2018 for my AS and im taking my A2 this November; I got ABBC in Biology Chemistry Physics and Mathematics
iamjoecll
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Oh god man freaking same. I did paper 12 & 42 and seriously it was so horrible im thankful to even have gotten a C but im so gonna drop it. Im aiming for CCC to be honest because that's all I need to get into the course I want + its probably what ill get because im self-studying my A2's (worst mistake of my life) as im homeschooled but literally the only reason I was able to get high grades in AS (i know for some that ABB aren't high but they are to me lmao) was because I took online courses
ohh frr? i diddnt even know. well anyways, i think the worst outcome of my a levels will be bbc. so if i can use that to go to a decent uni through clearing then id be alright. the math exam i did was so saddening and disheartening. really made me despise math. i acc never want to look at a level math again.
toboscos25
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
you should be proud of yourself man, your situation isnt easy and you really made the most of it. CCC? with AS grades of ABB then ccc is secure. what uni and what course??

Oh god man freaking same. I did paper 12 & 42 and seriously it was so horrible im thankful to even have gotten a C but im so gonna drop it. Im aiming for CCC to be honest because that's all I need to get into the course I want + its probably what ill get because im self-studying my A2's (worst mistake of my life) as im homeschooled but literally the only reason I was able to get high grades in AS (i know for some that ABB aren't high but they are to me lmao) was because I took online courses
iamjoecll
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Awww thanks dude. I will be planning for a Psychology major hopefully at The University of Nottingham in Malaysia. What about you?
you should be proud of yourself man, your situation isnt easy and you really made the most of it. CCC? with AS grades of ABB then ccc is secure. what uni and what course??
toboscos25
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
dream university is loughborough university in uk, thats my firm choice lol i hope i get good enough grades to be accepted xD
Awww thanks dude. I will be planning for a Psychology major hopefully at The University of Nottingham in Malaysia. What about you?
Jiji Sand
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, I already asked to my college exam officer and she said it is ok to retake A2 only. AS result will last for 1 year, so I can carry my nov 2018 AS result with nov 2019 A2 retaken result. I take maths f. Maths chem and physics. All the best for your exams!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?