The Student Room Group

the fast stream for local government (the ngdp)

Has anyone looked into this? Or applied? Would be good to discuss...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! Yea I am very interested in this programme as well, and intend to apply in October as i think thats when applications open. Have you applied or going to apply?
Reply 2
applications have closed for this now. anyone applied?
Reply 3
Just missed sending off the application. I always find that the attribute questions take me far longer than they should to answer...
Reply 4
Also just recently sent my application form off. Hate those stupid attribute questions as I never know quite what to put. Best of luck to everyone! Any idea how soon we'll hear back?
Reply 5
nope no idea at all. Although I just checked and the telephone interviews are actually in Feb! so will be rather soon I would imagine!!! Within the next 3 weeks i guess.
Anyone applying for the Civil Service Fast Stream should apply for this one too.
Reply 7
As well as this one, I've got the Civil Service Fast Stream, NHS Graduate Scheme, and Government HR on the go.

Good luck to everyone for this one.

The NGDP seems to have a different flavour to the others, what with the competency questions being asked right there at application stage.

Also not too keen on the idea of a phone interview. I've had them in the past and I find them much more difficult for putting a point across.
Reply 8
I applied for this - still haven't heard either. People should keep an eye out for individual recruitment initiatives at local authorities too I guess (think Essex Council, for one). A lot of them seem to have their own recruitment graduate programmes.
Reply 9
Yea thats true, I have applied for cambridgeshire county council as they run their own graduate scheme
Also applied for Cambridge (think I prefer the ngdp form though, at least there was structure to the answers, as opposed to a big box to fill with relevant qualities!) Am in the middle of the Essex tests too, so should probably hurry up & finish them. Anyone else finding it really frustrating that you have to apply for these jobs as well as finishing important final year work? Maybe it's just me only just finding these jobs & applying late, but I've got exams in a week + essays to finish, so it's all getting a little hectic!
Reply 11
anyone heard anything yet? I emailed to find out if they could give a date when we would find out, but he just said as soon as possible and that the applications are currently being reviewed.
Reply 12
No, no word here. It's obviously going to take a while to read everyone's responses to the competency questions. I reckon it'll be at least another week.
Still not heard back. Oh how I hate the waiting for these things...
Finally got around to finishing the Essex Council tests - anyone else done them & if so how long did it take for you to hear back?
Essex took about 2 weeks to get back to me about it. However, the website suggests a 'short delay' whilst processing your results... and the email I got today seemed apologetic for the length of time it had taken, so you might get yours back faster. (Sadly after that it's just another lot of forms to fill in :s-smilie:)
Reply 16
were the Essex tests difficult? Am quite worried about the numeracy ones! And yes I am finding it very stressful applying for jobs admidst all my uni work! But im nervous about finding employment after graduation so I gots to get on it!
The verbal ones were fine, but I was a little worried by the numeracy ones - the practice tests were hard! Just went for it though, had to guess a couple, but overall they weren't too bad. Although I can't really talk - I passed the fast stream ones & then failed NHS!
Reply 18
i failed the NHS ones, i found them so difficult and totally ran out of time!! I might tackle them tomorrow!
Reply 19
lboogie
Yea thats true, I have applied for cambridgeshire county council as they run their own graduate scheme

So are Cambridge not included in the NGDP? Or do they have two streams running?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending