The Student Room Group

the fast stream for local government (the ngdp)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
sorry i completely forgot about this forum! congrats to everyone, well done! i got through and have already had two interviews with local authorities, Breckland and North Yorkshire... have one more interview on Friday in Chelmsford...
Reply 121
have none of the authorities informed you whether you passed or not? Who will tell us, the ngdp or the council itself?
Reply 122
Hey,

I found this thread through the wonder of google. I've had 2 interviews and was under the impression that the councils informed the NGDP which candidates they prefered and then the NGDP got in touch with us.

Hope this helps.
Reply 123
Hey everyone, never posted before...but have found all your posts really helpful, so thanks!

I'm pretty sure we will hear which authorities picked us from the NGDP once all the authority interviews are over - think this is sometime around 13th May?

I've got Bristol tomorrow and then Reading and Suffolk next week - so nervewracking!

Good luck everyone
Reply 124
I have had one interview with newham on the monday (27th april) and was told by the interviewers that everyone would know the outcome by tuesday (28th april). Its wednesday today but still Ihavent heard.

Whats confusing is that the NGDP sheet says that we shall know the outcome from the NGDP once everyones interviews have been completed, i.e the end of stage four!

Do you guys think I should email the interviewers from newham asking for the outcome? I cant handle the wait!
Reply 125
Hi raj49, did you email Newham in the end? I'd be interested in hearing what they had to say - i realllly want to find out how I did at my Bristol interview, but i've still got two more interviews in the coming week. Its horrible not knowing how well you did!
Reply 126
hey guys, i'm 99% sure it is the ngdp we should be hearing from, and not the individual councils, and we shouldn't get any feedback until 13th may. i guess the ngdp don't want individual councils with early interviews to start emailing people on the sly and offering them places. instead they obviously want us to go to all our interviews with an open mind and try our best, then just wait to hear after all the interviews are completely finished! nerve-wracking but fair i think! so i reckon newham definitely shouldn't be sending out sneaky early emails, hold out for 13th May.... all my interviews are finished now so a long wait, but quite nice to just relax and forget about them all for a bit...good luck everyone....
Reply 127
I did email newham 2 days after the initial interview just enquiring about the fact that they said they will let us know the outcome the day after the interview. However, I got an email back saying that they cant let us know directly and that we would have to wait for the NGDP to tell us.

I didnt question further, assuming it probably was a misunderstanding. I think they meant that they will inform the NGDP of the outcome the day after the interview, not us candidates.

Anyway, Iv got my last interview at Barking on Friday. What about everyone else. How did the interviews go? My interviews have been quite informal, but it still doesnt stop the nerves!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL INVOLVED. !!!
Reply 128
Hi Raj - feel lucky/happy that you at least have almost finished your interviews! I've still got 3 to come, plus a TfL assessment centre thrown in, in the middle...just for kicks. But I so badly want the NGDP thing so here's hoping it all turns out okay!
Reply 129
mine were all quite informal as well, one of them involved a slightly odd group exercise though, which was fun! last day of interviews tomorrow, and then the big day on wednesday! i know i will be constantly checking my emails, probably quite unhealthy but i doubt i will leave my room all day, just want to find out so badly now!
Reply 130
I know, i'm desperate to find out how I did...I genuinely have no idea whether they went well or not - the interviews were so informal that it was really difficult to tell! Am inundated with uni work at the moment, so thats keeping my mind off it a little bit, but think im going to be a nervous wreck by Weds morning! Especially if they dont email me until the afternoon. Good Luck everyone!!
Reply 131
So, the day of reckoning is here....

Good Luck everyone!
Reply 132
i have an email! i have been offered a place with one of my authorities! i am still waiting on the other two though, so not sure what my final decision will be, so nervous argh! GOOD LUCK!!
Reply 133
Hey everyone! I got offered jobs at 2 out of the 3 authorities i interviewed at so am reallllly happy...however, Bristol was my first choose because it was perfect location-wise, and that is the one place i havnt been offered. What are you guys doing if you havnt got the place you wanted? Are you holding off to see whether someone else rejects it and they offer it to you? I am tempted to do that, but dont want to lose the offers I have already got. Arrgh its such a hard decision! Good Luck!!!
Reply 134
Hey,

well I only had one interview and have been offered the place at Notts County Council. I'm pretty pleased as the council seemed brilliant when I went for the interview, and the job they're offering sounds good. Also it's very close to where I am at the moment so I shouldn't have to move too far. Still torn as I also have been offered a place on the Network Rail graduate scheme and have no idea which to choose, I have to make a decision on Network Rail by tomorrow though!

Anyway, well done on your offers guys and I hope you figure out which ones you want to accept! :smile:
Reply 135
Argh, I've not got any email. I think this may be because I've still do one interview (tomorrow). Hope they hurry up!
Reply 136
i have just got another email - didnt get the job though! and another email saying they are still waiting for the final decision and we should hear by next wednesday, don't think i can wait that long!
Reply 137
I got an email regarding waiting for the final decision with respect to one Local Authority. No idea regarding the second LA, with whom I interviewed on Monday. Maybe it's all too soon.
Reply 138
It all seems a bit confusing and messy - i thought the point of waiting until today to find out was that all interviews should be over by now?! I don't envy NGDP the job of trying to organise all of this! I've decided not to wait to see if someone rejects Bristol and they then offer it to me, think I would rather go straight to one of the councils that definately want me...just need to decide which one!! Well done those of you who have heard, and good luck to those of you that havn't!
Reply 139
well the authority i am waiting to hear from held their interviews on 28th april!! so it must be a tough decision i guess! yeh i thought today would run more smoothly, was expecting just one email once all the decisions were finalised.... yeh i agree, i think i would go for a council i've been offered rather than holding out and waiting to see of anyone rejects Bristol, such hard choices though...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending