The Official TSR Fantasy Premier League 2019/20 Watch

sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
This is the thread for the discussion of all things fantasy football. For all of those who are new, it is fairly simple. Simply go onto http://fantasy.premierleague.com and create an account. Select your Premier League squad from a budget of £100m and then join the TSR League!

The only rules for joining are:

1) You must post your team name in this thread or by sending me (sr90) a private message. If you fail to do this before GW1 (9th August) you will be removed from the league. No exceptions.

2) To ensure that this is a league for TSR regulars, you must have 50 posts on the site which can come from any where on the web-site. These 50 posts must be made by the end of September. Exceptions can be made.

3) The league will close to new entrants at the end of September. After this period, no new teams will be admitted, although you are still welcome to post in the thread and discuss all things FPL.

Previous years have had a prize awarded to the winner - THIS IS TBC

In order to be eligible, you must have made 50 additional posts anywhere on the TSR website during the course of the 2018-2019 season.

LEAGUE CODE = fsvx03
HEAD TO HEAD LEAGUE CODE = cdhiw7
Last edited by sr90; 2 weeks ago
mr tim
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
in

Team name: mr tim
Andy Ftw
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In

Team name: Sewellsbury City
mr tim
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Seems to be more mobile friendly this year, can't click and drag to change your team anymore.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In!

Maybe I should try and come up with a new team name..
GrandMedic
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In
sr90
Rep:
?
Probably the weirdest summer ever in terms of picking a team. Budget options in GK, defence & midfield are much lower than usual. Premium strikers are bordering on unnecessary. Not interested in any Arsenal, Man United or Chelsea players and evidently most people aren't either, as only Aubameyang, Azpilicueta, Kante & Rashford have over 10% ownership.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sr90)
Probably the weirdest summer ever in terms of picking a team. Budget options in GK, defence & midfield are much lower than usual. Premium strikers are bordering on unnecessary. Not interested in any Arsenal, Man United or Chelsea players and evidently most people aren't either, as only Aubameyang, Azpilicueta, Kante & Rashford have over 10% ownership.
It does feel like it's becoming too hard to pick more than 2 or 3 quality players
sr90
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zerforax)
It does feel like it's becoming too hard to pick more than 2 or 3 quality players
With Man City & Liverpool so far ahead of the rest, and that not likely to change next season, it's clear they want people to make tough choices.Trent OR Robbo, Mane OR Salah, Sterling OR Aguero etc.

I've made a team i'm happy with for now, not reading too much into it as there will be plenty of changes before the season kicks off.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sr90)
With Man City & Liverpool so far ahead of the rest, and that not likely to change next season, it's clear they want people to make tough choices.Trent OR Robbo, Mane OR Salah, Sterling OR Aguero etc.

I've made a team i'm happy with for now, not reading too much into it as there will be plenty of changes before the season kicks off.
Yea I suppose but you're probably going to struggle to get 3 out of those 6 players!
chazwomaq
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Team name: 11 Angry Men.
Mushi_master
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In

Team name: Dr Derpsquad
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
canary_cacher
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
New Undergrad here - and in...hopefully.

I'm a mature student (aged 46), and I haven't participated in a FFL since the early 90's when you had to write to the Telegraph each week to make a transfer!

Big Norwich Fan - team name is Krul and the Gang.

I think I am going to struggle to get to the 50 posts by 30/09/2019 though...is this OK..?
Everglow
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Gylfi as Charged, checking in. :cool:
chazwomaq
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by canary_cacher)
I'm a mature student (aged 46), and I haven't participated in a FFL since the early 90's when you had to write to the Telegraph each week to make a transfer!
That's how I started fantasy football too! Good times.
canary_cacher
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chazwomaq)
That's how I started fantasy football too! Good times.
LOL, I remember losing a shedload of points because my request to transfer Clive Mendonca of Charlton into my team wasn't received on time!
EpicBrum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Epic Failures
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m in - Teriyaki Subs back for another year.

Creating a team is tricky though, obviously you want plenty on City/Liverpool players but it’s tough to do so and keep a balanced side. Will need a bit of time on this one.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm back – Sané Side Up this year.
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Looks like I'm already in, team name is Aubamacare.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (122)
19.49%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.42%
No I am happy with my course choice (353)
56.39%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.7%

Watched Threads