Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have read the various forum threads about the KPMG Assessment Days on here, and they have all been very helpful!

Could someone please PM me with their own personal experience with the Assessment Day, as I would love some 1-to-1 info!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I found it to be a really enjoyable day, you do business studies and find out none of it is applicable to the real world! But this assessment day was like a big business studies exam. The etray was the worst bit, very exam-like, not too difficult, time management was the biggest problem. Then we had a posh lunch with some grads, all paid for, unfortunately i had a surf and turf, i felt very bloated for my interview! Interview wasn't too bad, made alot of my past interviewers seem very amateurish. Presentation was fine,but be prepared for funny questions. Make sure you detail all the pros and cons of your solutions, how and when they can be implemented, which would be the best, how do you know theyre not already doing it etc. and have a couple of relevant recent financial stories relating to your field. Group exercise is fun, get the first word in if you can, speak asmuch as possible and be aware of time, we had to monitor it ourselves. Be creative, remember asmuch info as you can during the reading time. Other than that, good luck.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.