The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was planning on applying to this course starting in 2020 having it as my back up plan if I donā€™t get in to my first choices (Aberdeen or Newcastle) but Iā€™m not sure whether I can even apply to it as it says that this course is offered to those who live in deprived areas or low income areas by which I donā€™t, how ever I could be considered an ethnic minority as I am half Indonesian and half Norwegian, could this allow me to apply to the foundation course? I am studying A level biology OCR A, chemistry OCR B salters and psychology AQA. I also achieved a grade 6 in GCSE maths and a 5 in GCSE English language (hence why Iā€™m not applying to the normal course as I would need a 6 In English language).
Hello rainerrg,
How are you? I can see you are worried about your grades and whether you fufill specific postcode criteria. I would apply for your choices anyway and not worry too much about the different criteria regarding where you live. It may also be worth contacting the recruitment team and a relevant tutor about your concerns so that you can talk about this in a bit more detail and gain some reassurance. If you havn't been in touch yet here, fill in the form and ask someone to contact you back from the International Study Centre. Whilst there may be widening participation there are also other places available too for study. The more information you have about your options, the better informed you will be and the less worried about your future so always ask. I wish you every success and I am sure you will do well!
Original post by rainerrg
I was planning on applying to this course starting in 2020 having it as my back up plan if I donā€™t get in to my first choices (Aberdeen or Newcastle) but Iā€™m not sure whether I can even apply to it as it says that this course is offered to those who live in deprived areas or low income areas by which I donā€™t, how ever I could be considered an ethnic minority as I am half Indonesian and half Norwegian, could this allow me to apply to the foundation course? I am studying A level biology OCR A, chemistry OCR B salters and psychology AQA. I also achieved a grade 6 in GCSE maths and a 5 in GCSE English language (hence why Iā€™m not applying to the normal course as I would need a 6 In English language).
Reply 3
Original post by cocoabean20
Yeahh thats a good idea. Iā€™m pretty sure people were saying that weā€™re given the newest one but I donā€™t even know which one that is tbh šŸ˜‚

Original post by CupcakeCity
I'm in the same boat. I might call and ask so I can buy one at a reasonable price.

Not yet, Iā€™m still not 100% which iPad weā€™re getting so I wanna get the iPad before I order the case & that

Original post by HussanGomez
Loooool August has definitely made my bank account cry this year

Can I ask what scores you all achieved in your ucat? And what were your predicted grades when applying?
Original post by S47W4N
Can I ask what scores you all achieved in your ucat? And what were your predicted grades when applying?

I think for ukcat, I got an average of 602.5 & I was predicted AAB
Reply 5
Heyyy, It means you basically only pay Ā£5,250 since the scholarship pays the other Ā£4000 so if you wanted to you could have asked student finance for Ā£5,250 Iā€™m guessing instead of the actual whole Ā£9,250

Original post by medicboo
Thank you so much :biggrin: Makes so much sense. Iā€™ll contact SF ASAP, slightly confused since I received a registration email mentioning Ā£9250. Thanks again

Ayyy no problem! Honestly I donā€™t think it really matters since the person/company whoā€™s paying will be paying the university anyway so itā€™s not something you need to stress over aha

Original post by itsaturtlemess
on the admissions letter it says buy a stethoscope and lab coat, do we just buy them off like amazon?

Original post by CupcakeCity
Has anybody bought an ipad case/ protector?

Original post by Soveryanonymous
I just got accepted too, starting in September ā˜ŗļø

Can I ask what you achieved in the ucat and what you predicted grades were?
Original post by sazzy1204
Hiya,
Is anyone thinking of applying for the foundation medicine entry for 2020? how is everyone feeling at the moment with A-levels and UCAT coming up? How much work experience has everyone done and what universities are everyone thinking of applying to? xx

I got an average of 615 on my UKCAT and predicted AAA. Only have like one dayā€™s worth of work experience but I shadowed GPā€™s, nurses, HCAā€™s and the receptionists. Gonna apply to Aberdeen, Anglia Ruskin, Newcastle, Bristol and maybe kings college London.
hi everyone and anyone... i got a low af ucat of avg. 567.5 , i choke don the day.
but im predicted AAA... or even a A*AA -- would i get a chance getting in

and does anyone know how much of a pass at year one foundation year, is or is it an automatic transfer

thankyous
Does anyone know when they send out the eligibility form to fill out as I will be going abroad soon and I'm not sure if this will interfere with my application or any deadlines for the form.

Thanks
Reply 9
Is there a thread for foundation year medicine?
Reply 10
thank you!
Reply 11
A-Level Predictions: ABBB

GCSES: A*A*AAAAABBBBBBB

UKCAT: average around 530ish (bad i know :frown: ) and sjt of Band 2

i did a lot of work experience such as GP shadowing and volunteering in a hospital and i attended a lot of extra-curricular lectures. Do i have a chance of even getting an interview?
I think for ukcat, I got an average of 602.5 & I was predicted AAB

what were your gsces if you don't mind me asking
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi what is everyone's score
and does anyone know roughly what score is needed for an interview
Reply 14
i think mine is around 40 šŸ˜³
Original post by z2002
i think mine is around 40 šŸ˜³

i think mine is 45

lets hope the cut off is low

where else have you applied
and what are your stats
Reply 16
ohh close score then!, I have applied to plymouth, bristol and kings college london
Original post by z2002
ohh close score then!, I have applied to plymouth, bristol and kings college london

i have also applied for plymouth
any idea what the minimum points score was for an interview was last year at Leicester
Reply 18
no not at all :frown: iā€™d like to know myself as well šŸ§
Original post by z2002
no not at all :frown: iā€™d like to know myself as well šŸ§

hopefully its 40+
but thats just wishful thinking lol
someone i know got an interview and offer and their score was 46 so we are not that far off

Latest