The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shum1614
yeahhh i guess so , like why would they send this form to someone they will reject loool , bit of a time waste if they do , whats ur stats again ?or total points

What'd you mean you guess so loool I would have thought the first thing they'd do is send out the eligibility forms to see who is actually eligible for the course. THEN they would begin assessing/scoring the eligible applicants. Are you just coming up with theories? haha

Can't remember my score look back on this post
Original post by Fashuss18
This is exactly what I’m thinking if you’re not eligible then surely you’ll get rejected.
Also the fact that its an eligibility form to me sounds like they’re confirming details with specific applicants who from the data provided on UCAS don’t seem to meet the requirements for the foundation year but that’s just my personal opinion.

No you're wrong read their website, it states all applicants will be required to fill in the eligibility form to confirm they meet the widening participation criteria
So first you get chosen then if you don't meet the eligibility criteria you get rejected. That is not very smart from them.
Original post by Wajidlatifi
So first you get chosen then if you don't meet the eligibility criteria you get rejected. That is not very smart from them.

Original post by Deliriouss
No you're wrong read their website, it states all applicants will be required to fill in the eligibility form to confirm they meet the widening participation criteria

I thought it said applicants “may” have to fill out the form I can’t exactly remember
Original post by Deliriouss
What'd you mean you guess so loool I would have thought the first thing they'd do is send out the eligibility forms to see who is actually eligible for the course. THEN they would begin assessing/scoring the eligible applicants. Are you just coming up with theories? haha

Can't remember my score look back on this post

no no literally they said we dont give these forms to everyone , as in rejected people ,i am just in doubt from what they said , like the elgibility form is to confirm the requirements for when you applied which are :
Group A
You are due to complete, or have recently completed, your A-levels/BTEC/IB/equivalent (completion should be no longer than two years prior to the start of the course) and have not already attended any higher education institution.
You must either:
Live in a neighbourhood with low young participation in higher education within the United Kingdom - your postcode must be in quintile 1 or 2 in POLAR3 young participation (check your postcode on the Office for Students website)
OR
Live in a neighbourhood with a high level of multiple deprivation - your postcode must be in decile 4 or below in the Index of Multiple Deprivation (check your postcode against the English indices of deprivation)
You attended a state school for GCSEs (UCAS reference or confirmation letter from the school will be required)
Group B
You are, or have previously been, in local authority care/looked after (a confirmation letter from the local authority is required)
You live in a household with an income of no more than £35,000 (documentary evidence required)
You are the sole carer of a parent(s) or, if living away from home, you are the sole carer of a sibling (a confirmation letter from your school is required)
You have refugee status (a letter from the Home Office is required)
You attended a state school for GCSEs where the Attainment 8 score is below the national average. For 2019 entry, GCSE performance in 2017 will be considered according to the Department for Education performance tables (UCAS application)
Students who define themselves as being one of the priority engagement groups which include students from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities, refugees and children of military families
Students living independently of parents (for at least the last 6 months) due to situations of family breakdown or 'estrangement'.
Students who receive a UCAT Bursary award
Students from a home where neither parent/carer attended university in the UK or abroad.
Original post by shum1614
no no literally they said we dont give these forms to everyone , as in rejected people ,i am just in doubt from what they said , like the elgibility form is to confirm the requirements for when you applied which are :
Group A
You are due to complete, or have recently completed, your A-levels/BTEC/IB/equivalent (completion should be no longer than two years prior to the start of the course) and have not already attended any higher education institution.
You must either:
Live in a neighbourhood with low young participation in higher education within the United Kingdom - your postcode must be in quintile 1 or 2 in POLAR3 young participation (check your postcode on the Office for Students website)
OR
Live in a neighbourhood with a high level of multiple deprivation - your postcode must be in decile 4 or below in the Index of Multiple Deprivation (check your postcode against the English indices of deprivation)
You attended a state school for GCSEs (UCAS reference or confirmation letter from the school will be required)
Group B
You are, or have previously been, in local authority care/looked after (a confirmation letter from the local authority is required)
You live in a household with an income of no more than £35,000 (documentary evidence required)
You are the sole carer of a parent(s) or, if living away from home, you are the sole carer of a sibling (a confirmation letter from your school is required)
You have refugee status (a letter from the Home Office is required)
You attended a state school for GCSEs where the Attainment 8 score is below the national average. For 2019 entry, GCSE performance in 2017 will be considered according to the Department for Education performance tables (UCAS application)
Students who define themselves as being one of the priority engagement groups which include students from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities, refugees and children of military families
Students living independently of parents (for at least the last 6 months) due to situations of family breakdown or 'estrangement'.
Students who receive a UCAT Bursary award
Students from a home where neither parent/carer attended university in the UK or abroad.

Oh thanks for the info I hope I get the form soon
I think Leicester interview in Feb so don’t expect to hear back for a while it’s the last one I’m waiting on got three other interviews :biggrin:
Original post by Wagwan_my_g
I think Leicester interview in Feb so don’t expect to hear back for a while it’s the last one I’m waiting on got three other interviews :biggrin:

When I spoke to the admissions they said hopefully before christmas I’m remaining optimistic
Ireally want to know when they are going to send it out interviews I still havent recieved a form either :frown:
My points 50.5
Does anyone know when they start sending out interviews and rejections for this course? For other unis people have called up the admissions team and asked.
Has anyone called up asked if not please can someone give the number because I cant find it !
Original post by Abbymiddle
Has anyone called up asked if not please can someone give the number because I cant find it !

https://le.ac.uk/medicine/about/contact
This is ridiculous, anyone know why are they taking so long??

I've tried tht and it says not recognised?
Original post by adzz.s1
This is ridiculous, anyone know why are they taking so long??

No idea!!!
Original post by Abbymiddle
I've tried tht and it says not recognised?

I phoned and it went through so idk why it said that I might try and get through to them now
Original post by Fashuss18
I phoned and it went through so idk why it said that I might try and get through to them now

Let us know what they say :smile:
Original post by Robyn2002
Let us know what they say :smile:

Tried yesterday went to voicemail
BTW Interviews come really late for Leicester. Unlike the regular medicine course, this one will start sending out after January so don't stress too much over it during the Christmas holidays. Also, their eligibility form is the first step of the selection process because the people who don't receive it already get rejected. This is because of the information provided to them by UCAS and this literally happened to me the first week I applied to Gateway Year Bristol.
Original post by UnknowNAlegend
BTW Interviews come really late for Leicester. Unlike the regular medicine course, this one will start sending out after January so don't stress too much over it during the Christmas holidays. Also, their eligibility form is the first step of the selection process because the people who don't receive it already get rejected. This is because of the information provided to them by UCAS and this literally happened to me the first week I applied to Gateway Year Bristol.

Not sure how accurate this is, I haven’t been rejected but I also haven’t received the form

Latest

Trending

Trending