The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ring up UCAS maybe...
Reply 2
I can't until tomorrow. Plus I don't have enough credit - I'm not at home.
i did this last year, you write to the university.
Reply 4
Thanks

Can I just email?
Reply 5
random_bloke
i did this last year, you write to the university.

write?, why not e-mail or telephone? we're not in the 20th century anymore...
.John.
write?, why not e-mail or telephone? we're not in the 20th century anymore...

i'm still back in the 18th century mate, i wrote, thought it best to put it in writing, that's all.
Reply 7
Who do I send an email to? The uni or departments - it's a combined course?
Reply 8
random_bloke
i'm still back in the 18th century mate

fair enough
Reply 9
i'd get in contact with ucas first, theyll be able to put you through to the right people
.John.
i'd get in contact with ucas first, theyll be able to put you through to the right people

they'll only tell you to contact the uni, no need to phone ucas. The uni need to release you from the offer.
Reply 11
Shall I contact the admissions people of the uni first and then ask them what to do?
Reply 12
yes
Ring uni admissions. Don't email, it'll never happen with most unis who get hundreds a day.
You have to ask the uni to "release you" from your contract or whatever, which they will do, then they should contact UCAS
Reply 15
Cool - cheers. I'm glad I don't have to bother calling UCAS then. But feel a bit sorry for my insurance uni. But my god the accomodation is well over £1000 more than I'm set to pay at my firm so they can bugger off when I'm going for budget housing.
feel sorry for your insurance uni? they quite frankly won't give a ****, lol.
Reply 17
I'm planning to do the exact same thing tc, but does anyone know if they can decide not to release you? The issue isn't with the uni itself, just the cost, so if my firm doesn't accept me i could apply for somwhere through clearing.
they would very rarely not release you.

it's no skin off their nose.

Latest

Trending

Trending