A GALACTIC win for the Free Market and EU Libertarians Watch

Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48807161

so the EU has just agreed to a massive trade deal with South American countries - The LARGEST in the world- I cannot state this enough, this deal is a massive, massive victory for the EU (and their new partners in South America)

I seriously cannot emphasize enough how amazing this deal is for the 2 blocs and their entire populations - Also on a more global stage it shows that Western Europe is not dependent on increasingly unreliable partners such as the US (and soon to be UK)

It's a bit sad that the UK is throwing all this away because of a red bus, very, very sad
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
bUt ThE EU is PRotectioNISt!!!11!!1!!!11
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
bUt ThE EU is PRotectioNISt!!!11!!1!!!11
Too right. But at least they have standards. I can't wait to sack off all that high welfare food from the EU in favour of GM modified, hormone fed, anti-biotic riddled chlorinated sh1te that gets produced in the US.

Can you give me an example of a country in the world that isn't protectionist?
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
Too right. But at least they have standards. I can't wait to sack off all that high welfare food from the EU in favour of GM modified, hormone fed, anti-biotic riddled chlorinated sh1te that gets produced in the US.

he was mocking brexiteers - and pretty much every country in the world is protectionist to some degree, the point is that brexiteers think it's a good argument for brexit
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Big league
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Big league
hell yeah it is

it's an exciting time to be a young European entrepreneur
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Good for the EU and for south america, The more the EU opens up, the more good will come.
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have no doubt that our competent government with negotiate an even better trade deal with South America and the UK economy will boom as our Yorkshire Pudding exports skyrocket.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)

(Original post by 134841422)
he was mocking brexiteers - and pretty much every country in the world is protectionist to some degree, the point is that brexiteers think it's a good argument for brexit
I was making fun of the claim made by Brexiteers that the EU is protectionist. Signing a free trade agreement with lots of South American countries isn't something that would come across as protectionist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (142)
61.47%
No (89)
38.53%

Watched Threads