Curfew for 16 year old (finished exams)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was wondering what everyone’s curfew is (if you even have one) 15-17 year olds. I’m struggling living furthest out of all my friends and my parents are trying to impose a strict midnight curfew on me when all my friends don’t have one. I live somewhere where I need to allow 2 hours transport home so hearing i have to be in before 12 basically means don’t go out to me. This is all new as previously I’d just come home from parties whenever. Do you think I’m being irrational? What’s all you guys’ curfew!
Maven Writers
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Midnight seems fair enough for a 16yr old
m2b
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maven Writers)
Midnight seems fair enough for a 16yr old
Bearing in mid things start at 9 i think it’s awful
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Consider yourself lucky
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Their house, their rules.

Maybe it's the fact that previously you were coming in whenever that has prompted this! Either your parents been worrying, or you've disturbed them when you've come in.

Why not negotiate a compromise? Ask for a late pass once a week for something particular, but make sure you are home at that time and build up their trust in you.
PixelRainbow.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You’re 16 years old, I think midnight is perfectly fair
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
*shrug* Sounds reasonable for your age i'm afraid, most of these 'Past 9' things are likely aimed at adults when you get down to it.

If you've already been doing this, then v possible your parents have decided to draw a line, maybe they've been worrying or someone else has had a word with them, have you (or any of your friends) done anything that might be making your parents wary? At the end of the day you won't know if you don't ask.
welcometotherock
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think midnight is rather late My dd is 17 and did her gcse’s last year. She had to be in by 10.30pm unless there was a specific event (theatre trip etc). She’s now allowed to stay out til midnightbut only if her transport home is arranged eg taxi or lift from a friend’s parent.
JoMer101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yeah when i was your age my curfew was 9-10 max no questions. Well I understand you want to go out, what about sleepovers or something, leave the next day. Its dangerous to be late back especially at your age, you have your whole life ahead of you! when your 18+ then get lit and stay up whenever XD. Thats what i did, my mum trusts me not to be stupid and i would come back at like 4am safe and sound. (i'm 19 atm). Don't get me wrong i have a strict mum so i don't go out often so i understand your frustration, so understand their worry for you.

All the best xx
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by m2b)
I was wondering what everyone’s curfew is (if you even have one) 15-17 year olds. I’m struggling living furthest out of all my friends and my parents are trying to impose a strict midnight curfew on me when all my friends don’t have one. I live somewhere where I need to allow 2 hours transport home so hearing i have to be in before 12 basically means don’t go out to me. This is all new as previously I’d just come home from parties whenever. Do you think I’m being irrational? What’s all you guys’ curfew!
Midnight is good for a 16 year old.
Lovespuppies
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by m2b)
You have done GCSEs and now they decide to get picky on curfew seems the wrong way round!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by m2b)
Ur lucky! When I was sixteen my parents only let me go out until 5pm ughhhh
m2b
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lovespuppies)
You have done GCSEs and now they decide to get picky on curfew seems the wrong way round!
Honestly i don’t understand
m2b
Rep:
?
Maybe it’s because I’m from London sometimes I just wished I lived in a tiny village so I didn’t feel left out😂
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by m2b)

when I was 15 yrs old my curfew was 6:30pm

yes, 6:30pm

Count yourself lucky mate...
watershower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly you’re really lucky, and if you’ve been going out and coming in whenever, your parents have drawn a line. In summer, my mums rule was come back before sundown, but I always knew not to take the mic and come home around 8 ( when the sun can set at around 10). It let my mum trust me, and that’s really important. Now when I say there’s a party and it will finish late, she allows me because I have always come home on time. Honestly, it’s for your own good and you’ll realise this when your older. You don’t always have to follow your friends.
Jack22031994
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by m2b)
You're 16 so still a child, so midnight is is very lenient
IQuitTSR
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Used to have a 9PM one when I was a child but now I don't but since I have nothing to do at night...
ThomH97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What are you planning on doing that late anyway that always starts at 9 as a 16 year old? This obviously isn't you going round to a friend's house.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by m2b)
My curfew is 7pm and i am 18 years old. Consider yourself very, very lucky.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (21)
27.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.21%
No I am happy with my choice (44)
57.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed