The Student Room Group

What to bring to teacher training interview?

I have an interview for Secondary Geography PGCE on Tuesday. I don't really know if I'm gonna go because Biology is really what I want to teacher if I go down the teaching route. They basically offered me an interview just because I had a C at GCSE geography (Which I really don't get because I got A for Biology and also did it for A level.

Anyway the bursary is really tempting and I think I would be a good teacher. It will be a last minute decision though and i guess theres some overlap between Geography and Biology.

If I do go will I have to bring my degree certificates and id? I cant seem to find this info anywhere. I have the interview at Bishop Grosseteste University. Also they haven't set me any task to complete before the interview is this normal?

Thanks guys, what do you generally think about the idea?
Reply 1
Hey,

I had my interview for primary education back in February. I know it might be different since you're doing secondary, but we were told to prepare a short 5 min presentation beforehand and bring our passports as ID. If I were you, id bring my passport just in case, but also call them up on Monday (or tomorrow if they're open) to ask if theres anything else you need to do further. However, by the looks of it, if they didn't send you an email asking you to complete a task, then its more than likely that you don't really need to prepare much for it.
Original post by Bongo Bongo
I have an interview for Secondary Geography PGCE on Tuesday. I don't really know if I'm gonna go because Biology is really what I want to teacher if I go down the teaching route. They basically offered me an interview just because I had a C at GCSE geography (Which I really don't get because I got A for Biology and also did it for A level.

Anyway the bursary is really tempting and I think I would be a good teacher. It will be a last minute decision though and i guess theres some overlap between Geography and Biology.

If I do go will I have to bring my degree certificates and id? I cant seem to find this info anywhere. I have the interview at Bishop Grosseteste University. Also they haven't set me any task to complete before the interview is this normal?

Thanks guys, what do you generally think about the idea?
Reply 2
100% yes bring your ID and certificates.
I have a place to do primary rather than secondary so my experience may be slightly different. However, I received an email to say what I needed to prepare for. We had a written task to prepare. It also mentioned that we had to upload certificates before hand and bring some ID. If it doesn't say anything in the email, I'd bring some iD. If you have time, check with them if they need you to bring certificates.

I presume you will have an individual interview so you could prepare for that (think about the questions they may ask and how you would respond).
If you want to teach biology, be prepared to teach physics and chemistry as there isn't really such a thing as a biology teacher.
I'll suggest you to go for an interview and geography is also good topic and also related to biology so it will help you to improve you to enhance your skills to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending