The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Best accommodation in Exeter?

I’m looking to go self-catered and live in halls and wondered what accommodation people would recommend?

I don’t think I can afford the likes of Holland Hall, as i believe it is the most expensive? I’d preferably like an en-suite room, and to live somewhere that’s like a 10 minute walk from campus/forum or on campus?

Living somewhere that’s social, and where more fun people are likely to live is also very important
Lafrowda is the "party" place. Very close to campus and also about 15 minutes from town. Also Birks grange is really good too but you have to deal with Cardiac hill.

Holland Hall is a rip off.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Hey! I'm considering to firm my choice to study at Exeter as well. I was looking into accommodation options, and have narrowed it down to one catered (Ransom Pickard Single Standard) and one self-catered (Lafrowda Single Standard). Could anyone help me gain a bit more insight into it? I'm being a bit budget conscious, so would really help if self-catered wouldn't put a dent on my wallet (I tend to eat larger portions as per my size). Both of these are accommodations that I can afford. Thanks! :smile:
Exeter expensive? Not really, at most it is average. What do you want? Do you want quiet, because there are plenty of options regarding that, and many other options.
Reply 4
if you want the social experience definitely go for whatevers on Streatham since they're 95% fresher. any further and no one will even look at u (e.g point exe, printworks, unite...). assuming you're not ever going to visit st luke's
Reply 5
Lafrowda is the best, Holland Hall is nice if you’re okay with those kinds of people (snobs, it’s true, even if it isn’t they’ll play the part once they move in) if money is an issue then don’t stay there lol you’ll be grilled on your financial status for sure.

Anywhere else is meh whatever, Birks is pretty far out from campus but a nice place. Definitely go for Lafrowda. Great people (fun, socialable, different walks of life so different personalities, great rooms, great price, great location (it’s on campus, less than 5 minutes walk), win win win win. Also you don’t have to be self catered all the time, you can always pay one off for catering on the days you can’t be bothered, it’s nice if you have friends that are catered
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by 3121
Lafrowda is the best, Holland Hall is nice if you’re okay with those kinds of people (snobs, it’s true, even if it isn’t they’ll play the part once they move in) if money is an issue then don’t stay there lol you’ll be grilled on your financial status for sure.

Anywhere else is meh whatever, Birks is pretty far out from campus but a nice place. Definitely go for Lafrowda. Great people (fun, socialable, different walks of life so different personalities, great rooms, great price, great location (it’s on campus, less than 5 minutes walk), win win win win. Also you don’t have to be self catered all the time, you can always pay one off for catering on the days you can’t be bothered, it’s nice if you have friends that are catered

Thanks for the comprehensive response. I've heard Ransom Pickard is quite near to Laf, can I assume the atmosphere of both the accommodations are similar? I seem to be leaning a bit more towards catered options as I don't want to fret about where to get my food from when I can be studying or hanging out with friends maybe? Also, expenses. Bit tight there, mate. :/
Original post by lofta7_7
Thanks for the comprehensive response. I've heard Ransom Pickard is quite near to Laf, can I assume the atmosphere of both the accommodations are similar? I seem to be leaning a bit more towards catered options as I don't want to fret about where to get my food from when I can be studying or hanging out with friends maybe? Also, expenses. Bit tight there, mate. :/

Yes - Lopes and RP are just beyond the older Lafrowda blocks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending