Hello. This is my GCSE GYG? 😲 Watch

Roses & Dreams
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Welcome to the cringe show! :hello: :excited:

Hola everybody, :dance:

I have made one of these before (as some will know 🙃) , but the first post didn't show up and it kind of ruined the whole thing. Because nobody could see my subjects. :afraid:

So let's hope for better times! :crazy:
:nyan: :blushing:

I am a Year 9 student (wooo...going into year 10 😯) and I have commenced my GCSEs. Welcome to the world of fun...
:ymca:

My subjects:
Spoiler:
Show
Maths AQA
English Literature AQA (books: An Inspector Calls, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Romeo & Juliet :burnout:)
English Language AQA
Biology AQA
Chemistry AQA
Physics AQA
French AQA
BTEC Sports Studies :elefant:
Spanish AQA (I guess: long story :groovy:)

My target grades (based on SATS I guess :confused:)
Spoiler:
Show
I passed all of my SATS even though these grades don't look... wonderful.

Maths: 5
English Lit: 6
English Lang: 6
Biology: 6
Chemistry: 6
Physics: 6
French: 5
Sports Studies: Merit
Spanish: No clue. Anna oop. :cookie:

The grades I got based on recent tests:
Spoiler:
Show
Maths: 6 (everyone had to do foundation- another long story )
English Lit: 9
English Lang: 9-
Biology: 9
Chemistry: 8
Physics: 8
French: 9
Sports Studies: Distinction
Spanish: As always, not a scooby. :rolleyes:

About me:
Spoiler:
Show
The most boring part... :albertein:

-I am a five year old child. No change there. :eek4:
-Massive phobia of spiders and insects. :bhangra: :spider:
- Netflix is my life.
- Not a lot of people know this, but BTSSSSSSS! 💓
- Chocolate. Yummy.
- Music. Is. Magnifique. :emog:
- I have a little doggy who is the cutest in the world. :cube:
- Oh, and I hate drawing.

I just would like to say this- I say and talk a lot but I mean what I babble on about. The people I am close to mean the world to me and I will always look out for them. :danceboy:

Fav subjects, worst subjects and future plans:
Spoiler:
Show
Fave subjects:
Frenchhhhhh but this: :subjontif: does not apply. 🤤

English Lit- I always complain about it :ninja: (especially Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde :troll:) but that's probably because I care about it so much.

Worst subjects:
Physics and English Lang :cry2:

Physics: worst subject ever for me.
English Lang: some parts are OK but creative writing gives me sleepless nights. :dontknow:

Future plans:
Ummmmmm.... :embarrassed:
You see, this is where I struggle. People are like, I wanna be a paramedic, I wanna be a pop star :blah:

And I'm happy for them, but I'm like... :getmecoat: McDonalds or Poundland?

I know I wanna take A levels and go to University, and I know that two of my A levels are going to be French and English Literature... the third one... we'll see in a few years time. :dancing2: :iiam:

This GYG is to see if I can keep track of progress that I make and have fiestas, chat about BTS, procrastinate... :dance: :borat: On a serious note, I will post some of the things that I learn and how I am revising, exams etc. If anybody is interested, they can be tagged and we can share study tips. I'm not expecting this to be a big GYG, but I want to see if it actually helps me to grow my grades (especially in physics 😝).

Thanks for reading and bye bye. :hi: :rave: :woo:
Good luck everyone and never give up on your dreams. Xx :heart:

P.s: I post every Tuesday! :lolwut: :dumbells:
Last edited by Roses & Dreams; 2 weeks ago
Roses & Dreams
Rep:
?
Omg- the first post wasn't blocked! 😂
I think my revision today will mainly consist of French. I have 4 French exams next week. Another long story. 😟

Revision:
Grammar concepts and revision. 😕
Do a reading past paper.
Writing and speaking tasks.
ActiveLearn Module 5 revision.
Create Quizlet sets for teachnology and festivals/ customs.
Duolingo practice.

With lots of breaks. Have a good day everyone! 💖
Exotic Ghoul
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
well good luck! At the end of year 11, you will have so much knowledge, that GCSE's will be a walk in the park 😂.
Roses & Dreams
Rep:
?
Oh goodness, don't say that lmao! I'm not very clever. At all. 😓

Thank you and good luck too (if you have exams? 🤔)
(Original post by Exotic Ghoul)
well good luck! At the end of year 11, you will have so much knowledge, that GCSE's will be a walk in the park 😂.
Roses & Dreams
Rep:
?
I've had some breaks and done some revision. Now I think I'll revise some French quizlet sets and call it a day.

What I have done:
French past reading paper and marked. It was difficult, ngl. 😟
Revised technology and answered practice Q's.
Practiced speaking preparation under timed conditions. Just to let you know, speaking is my weakest exam and I never finish the preparation. Ever. 😱
Looked at some listening questions. Woop.
Wrote a 150 word French opinion piece about 'les réseaux sociaux'. Absolutely disgusting. 😝
And a lot of work on Memrise.

True- I haven't stuck to my schedule. But I rarely ever do. 😄
I think I've done OK today- well I hope I have anyway. Tomorrow I have to do a bit of Chemistry revision and more French because they are my first exams.

I can't remember if I have mentioned this. I did a physics exam. And it was terrible. I didn't finish the paper and missed 2 pages. I then realised that instead of 'step-up transformers', I misread a 4 marker and put 'step-down transformers'. And the rest of the questions, we didn't even cover in class. I revised quite a lot, but I have to see where I went wrong. 🤤

Apparently, our physics teacher said that if we don't get a certain grade, we have to resit. I would have to revise all over again, as well as for 4 French exams, a chemistry exam and eventually, 2 English exams and maths. Woooo.... 😕

Sorry for the rant. Hope you have all had a good day. And btw, if anybody has any good music recommendations, then please post. Any language is accepted. 🌹🥀
Last edited by Roses & Dreams; 2 weeks ago
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm going to move this thread to the GYG forum because it doesn't belong in the GCSE forum.
Last edited by Tolgarda; 1 month ago
Roses & Dreams
Rep:
?
Oh wait, it was in the GCSE forum?
Sorry, didn't realise lmao. And thank you. 🙃
(Original post by Tolgarda)
I'm going to move this thread to the GYG forum because it doesn't belong in the GCSE forum.
Roses & Dreams
Rep:
?
Hola :excited:,
Hoping that today is less hot so that I can actually walk the dog without getting burnt or having a nose bleed within the first five minutes. 😐 I finished off the Quizlet flashcards for French technology and I now need to study some more sets before I have breakfast. :eek:

I think this is where nerves start to kick in for next week. I mean, idek if the French exams will be pushed back or if the teacher forgets, but I just want to pass. Please. :colondollar::argh:

What I'm going to do today:
Flashcards for French and Chemistry C10. 😎
Revise French customs and festivals.
Revise where I live in French. 😥
Practice some reading and listening questions.
Complete a writing past paper under times conditions. Woop woop. 😲
GCSEPod grammar and hw.
Perhaps some Memrise?

Quite busy today, but I probably won't get half of it done. Which is a good thing, because I've added extras that perhaps I don't need.

Non-revision wise, I can't do a lot because of my constant nose bleeds. I went to the doctors and he said that we just have to wait until the hot weather end. Wonderful. 😏

Btw guys, could I ask you a really random question. Who are the top 5 YouTubers that you watch? 🤔 If you have more or you just want to say which ones are good, then that's great i don't really mind.

Tag List:

Spoiler:
Show

TSR emoji outburst

:007: :007: :007: :banana2: :banana: :bandit: :bebored: :bhangra: :bl: :blow: :ciao: :cube: :dancing2: :party: :nyan:
:dancing: :eek4: :excited: :flower2: :emog: :fleurdelis: :grouphugs: :heart: :jumphug::lovie2: :cube:

Sorry lmao I couldn't resist. :iiam:

I'll update later. Hope you all have a good day. 💖
Last edited by Roses & Dreams; 1 month ago
Roses & Dreams
Rep:
?
Hello again everybody 😇,
So, a weekend has passed once again. And I am closer to getting my physics results back. Woo. Hoo. Boo. Hoo. :cry2: :cry:

Ngl I'm really nervous for this week. Idk why. Just. Nervy. Yeah. 😣 Mainly because of French, but I suppose everybody gets worried about subjects that they love. :dontknow:

Yes- I did manage to go outside. 😲😏 It's a little less hot today so I was able to enjoy myself more, but hey ho guess what? The one day I can actually go out I have to revise. 😓

How sad is that?

Anyway, I just took a stroll around the park. Nothing special. Otherwise Niagra Falls would start coming out of my nose. :dance: :excited:

Revision today:
French writing and speaking practice done. 😎
French customs and festivals and where I live are dusted. 😶
Reading and listening questions. 😉
Lots of Memrise work.
Managed GCSEPod and hw too. 🙄
Lots of translation tasks. 😊
Studying Quizlet sets.
I also managed to look at the Spanish preterite tense and learn the endings. And I watched a video on the Gothic genre for English Literature Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. 😛

Ok, so I didn't get a writing past paper done. 😨😱 BUT I did practice writing 150 and 90 words in French and I managed to complete everything else. 😎😎 With extras. 😎😎 Fiesta time!!!!

:yeah: :bhangra: :bubbles: :burnout: :cookie: :dancing2: :danceboy: :dance: :groovy: :excited: :charm: :headfire: :nyan:

Before I go to sleep, I would like to study some Chemistry flashcards and practice Qs and do some more Quizlet sets. As well as have dinner, watch TV, play with the dog and catch up with some friends online. :eek:

Tomorrow, I may post what I want to get done in the morning and then after school what I have done and how the school day went. If anybody is reading. 🤤

Oh and if you are reading (which I doubt 😵) , then feel free to comment or ask for a tag. I'm also really interested about the YouTuber thing (scroll to the last post 🙃).

Hope you have had a good day and best of luck to anybody and everybody. 💖💗
RyanC_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm reading! :woo:

Well done, you were definitely more productive than me 😂.. As I've said, try not to worry (IK it's not that helpful because you will anyway but I can say it at least 😂). Please add me to the tag list

TBH I get bored of YouTubers really quickly, IDK why.. someone I do really like watching though is ClickForTaz, shes just so funny 😂

Good luck! (I might actually do some work now)

(Original post by MysticalUnicorn🦄)
Hello again everybody 😇,
So, a weekend has passed once again. And I am closer to getting my physics results back. Woo. Hoo. Boo. Hoo. :cry2: :cry:

Ngl I'm really nervous for this week. Idk why. Just. Nervy. Yeah. 😣 Mainly because of French, but I suppose everybody gets worried about subjects that they love. :dontknow:

Yes- I did manage to go outside. 😲😏 It's a little less hot today so I was able to enjoy myself more, but hey ho guess what? The one day I can actually go out I have to revise. 😓

How sad is that?

Anyway, I just took a stroll around the park. Nothing special. Otherwise Niagra Falls would start coming out of my nose. :dance: :excited:

Revision today:
French writing and speaking practice done. 😎
French customs and festivals and where I live are dusted. 😶
Reading and listening questions. 😉
Lots of Memrise work.
Managed GCSEPod and hw too. 🙄
Lots of translation tasks. 😊
Studying Quizlet sets.
I also managed to look at the Spanish preterite tense and learn the endings. And I watched a video on the Gothic genre for English Literature Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. 😛

Ok, so I didn't get a writing past paper done. 😨😱 BUT I did practice writing 150 and 90 words in French and I managed to complete everything else. 😎😎 With extras. 😎😎 Fiesta time!!!!

:yeah: :bhangra: :bubbles: :burnout: :cookie: :dancing2: :danceboy: :dance: :groovy: :excited: :charm: :headfire: :nyan:

Before I go to sleep, I would like to study some Chemistry flashcards and practice Qs and do some more Quizlet sets. As well as have dinner, watch TV, play with the dog and catch up with some friends online. :eek:

Tomorrow, I may post what I want to get done in the morning and then after school what I have done and how the school day went. If anybody is reading. 🤤

Oh and if you are reading (which I doubt 😵) , then feel free to comment or ask for a tag. I'm also really interested about the YouTuber thing (scroll to the last post 🙃).

Hope you have had a good day and best of luck to anybody and everybody. 💖💗
Roses & Dreams
Rep:
?
Thank you! You're so supportive- I really wouldn't be able to get through this exam period without your advice. 🙃

I'll tag you tomorrow. 😀

I'll take a look at some of her videos- thanks for the reply. 😎
Best of luck with revision and exams. 😄
(Original post by RyanC_)
I'm reading! :woo:

Well done, you were definitely more productive than me 😂.. As I've said, try not to worry (IK it's not that helpful because you will anyway but I can say it at least 😂). Please add me to the tag list

TBH I get bored of YouTubers really quickly, IDK why.. someone I do really like watching though is ClickForTaz, shes just so funny 😂

Good luck! (I might actually do some work now)
RyanC_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Awww, thank you! that made my day
Thank you! You're so supportive- I really wouldn't be able to get through this exam period without your advice. 🙃

I'll tag you tomorrow. 😀

I'll take a look at some of her videos- thanks for the reply. 😎
Best of luck with revision and exams. 😄
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
good luck with your exams! are they like end of years?
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Omg if you have a tag list, tag me in sis! I love it! :gah: :hugs:
Roses & Dreams
Rep:
?
Thank you! Yes, they're end of years. Woop. 😨
My French ones are a bit different though. I'll explain in further posts, but basically I have to do them to get into Spanish. 😝

What are you studying (if you are studying 🤔) for?
(Original post by mez_merising)
good luck with your exams! are they like end of years?
Roses & Dreams
Rep:
?
I'll tag you in tomorrow girl. Thanks for the support- I loved reading your Year 11 GYG too. :rave: :heart:
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Omg if you have a tag list, tag me in sis! I love it! :gah: :hugs:
username4690370
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
YO-where is MY TAGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS
Roses & Dreams
Rep:
?
💗💖
Thank you. Tag coming up tomorrow- either morning or afternoon.
Btw good luck if you have any end of years left. And if you don't- best wishes with results. 😇
(Original post by Ivanita-Ariana)
YO-where is MY TAGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS
username4690370
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks-I have finished them all-teachers just use the "We are focusing on Year 11's and their GCSE's" as an excuse not to be bothered to mark my tests but I have got my french results back-I will post them on my GYG.At least the Year 11's have gone now as well
💗💖
Thank you. Tag coming up tomorrow- either morning or afternoon.
Btw good luck if you have any end of years left. And if you don't- best wishes with results. 😇
Roses & Dreams
Rep:
?
Well done! :excited:
My teachers used the exact same excuse. Except it was for everything. 😨
Me: 'Why are the exams crammed into one week?'
Teacher: 'Years 10 and 11 are priority.' Woop woop. 😝😣

Ooh French. Tell me how it went. Which exam was it? 🤔💗

(Original post by Ivanita-Ariana)
Thanks-I have finished them all-teachers just use the "We are focusing on Year 11's and their GCSE's" as an excuse not to be bothered to mark my tests but I have got my french results back-I will post them on my GYG.At least the Year 11's have gone now as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%