cashing in grades Watch

tomenthedon
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
do school cash in automatically or not cash in at all or is it the decision of individual students???

can we still not cash in grades if we do not want to

what effect will that have
Dante786
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bump i need to know as well
jakash
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Most schools have their own policy. Mine for example, cashes everyone's in at June every year, AS or A2. Some places don't cash ASs in at all, unless the person is dropping that subject and hence won't get an A2.

If you don't want yours to be cashed in, ask at your college, I'm sure they can just chose not to cash in an individuals grade(s) or not if they choose to. The college generally sorts out all the 'cashing-in' themself - i.e. the student doesn't do anything, and they just cash everyone's grades in and gives them their results. But like I say, best thing to do is ask at your college.

The effect isn't likely to be a problem; you just wouldn't get any ASs, and would only get full A2s at the end. Universities know that lots of colleges simply don't cash in ASs and so people do sometimes just apply with all pending A2s, i.e. with just predicted grades and no set final grade of any kind.

In an extreme extreme case, a university might know your colleges cashing-in policy (sometimes it is automatically put in the reference, but very rarely), and hence they might wonder why you hadn't cashed-in any ASs. But tbh I highly doubt there is likely to be any issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed