Qts skills test numeracy ugh Watch

Nickyniknaks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey guys not sure if anyone is still on here!

I’ve passed my literacy skills test (studied English BA so wasn’t too worried about that one) but I’ve failed my numeracy by 3,2 and now 4 marks ! My pgce starts in sep ideally need to pass numeracy by mid August and it’s now July *criessssss*

Have booked for 2 weeks time? Is that enough time to revise ? How can I ensure I pass numeracy this time is numeracy ready any good and worth it (as I really don’t have £20 to waste) I got a c in gcse maths if that helps

Any advice greatly appreciated 😰
Matureb
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have a look at the QTS group on Facebook. Lots of help on there.
zobiaxx99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nickyniknaks)

I’ve passed my literacy skills test (studied English BA so wasn’t too worried about that one) but I’ve failed my numeracy by 3,2 and now 4 marks ! My pgce starts in sep ideally need to pass numeracy by mid August and it’s now July *criessssss*

Have booked for 2 weeks time? Is that enough time to revise ? How can I ensure I pass numeracy this time is numeracy ready any good and worth it (as I really don’t have £20 to waste) I got a c in gcse maths if that helps

https://m.facebook.com/qtsnumeracytu...ernal&mt_nav=0 I found that this page and the videos help what are the topics that you struggle with the most too do you remember seeing any on the tests that you found difficult
FeatherQuill
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey,

I have mine next week. The last few months I've been revising for my maths GCSE resit. Now that is out of the way with, I've turned my attention to the QTS tests.

I'm using QTS Maths Tutor website (I've brought subscription to the sample tests and videos) and the QTS Maths Tutor book (Pass your Numeracy Skills Test) to revise and I'm occasionally testing myself on the DofE website with their numeracy tests.

I've found my scores are creeping up slowly. I initially was getting 30/40%, but my last couple have been 70% and 80%. I would say 2 weeks is enough if you're getting the practice in. I'm having to fit in revision around my 1 year old and full-time work, so it's pretty tough, but it's doable!
Nickyniknaks
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey

Wow that’s an amazing work ethic okay so no excuse really just got to keep practicing I guess (as everyone says really), many thanks so your message helped in terms of the motivation as I was getting pretty downhearted more than anything as felt like a I’m going struggle ugh but will keep practicing!

All the best with your maths resit and with your test today too!

Hope you pass all with ease !
(Original post by FeatherQuill)
Hey,

I have mine next week. The last few months I've been revising for my maths GCSE resit. Now that is out of the way with, I've turned my attention to the QTS tests.

I'm using QTS Maths Tutor website (I've brought subscription to the sample tests and videos) and the QTS Maths Tutor book (Pass your Numeracy Skills Test) to revise and I'm occasionally testing myself on the DofE website with their numeracy tests.

I've found my scores are creeping up slowly. I initially was getting 30/40%, but my last couple have been 70% and 80%. I would say 2 weeks is enough if you're getting the practice in. I'm having to fit in revision around my 1 year old and full-time work, so it's pretty tough, but it's doable!
Nickyniknaks
Rep:
?
Spoiler:
Show
Hi

many thanks for the link will give it a Look! And in the tests I think stuff what is 1.38 as a percentage or annoy questions like that !

also in my most recent real test they asked me a weird question on perimeter despite me never having come across a practice perimeter question anywhere online in books etc so guess will just have to look over it in general...just makes me feel like they could ask ANYTHING and have to know the whole maths curriculum uno?

thanks again appreciate the replies !

(Original post by zobiaxx99)
https://m.facebook.com/qtsnumeracytu...ernal&mt_nav=0 I found that this page and the videos help what are the topics that you struggle with the most too do you remember seeing any on the tests that you found difficult
Nickyniknaks
Rep:
?
Many thanks will do! As I’ve been hearing a lot about it
(Original post by Matureb)
Have a look at the QTS group on Facebook. Lots of help on there.
aimee19662
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 19 hours ago
Hey!

Just wondering if you have sat your numeracy test yet and how you got on?

I have mine booked for Monday and am currently revising off the numeracy ready website which has been quite helpful. Feeling very nervous!
(Original post by Nickyniknaks)

aimee19662
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 hours ago
Hey!

Just wondering if you have sat your numeracy test yet and how you got on?

I have mine booked for Monday and am currently revising off the numeracy ready website which has been quite helpful. Feeling very nervous!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (149)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.87%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.22%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed