The Student Room Group

Which brother cares the most? Loki or Thor?

Right, I have had this (rather useless) debate many a time, and no one has ever been able to come up with a sufficient reason as to why Loki CAN'T love his brother.
Any opinions?
The main reason I think is that he is jealous of Thor, as he was in the shade of his brother and he didn't get the appreciation like him in their common past.
Loki can love his brother, he just can't, his childhood issues and growing up the second have become a breeding ground for negative thoughts and a feeling that he will never be important, at the top of all this is Thor, the root of his negativity, so it is hardly a task to explain why Loki chooses not to love his brother.
See, here i would disagree...
Only because, they seemed to get on fine until Loki found out he was adopted in Thor 1. Then all the bitter resentment was shifted from Odin onto Thor. I wouldn't say Loki doesn't love his brother, because although he often betrays Thor and looks out for himself, he sacrificed his beloved Tesseract for his brother's head, I mean c'mon!
:smile:
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Loki can love his brother, he just can't, his childhood issues and growing up the second have become a breeding ground for negative thoughts and a feeling that he will never be important, at the top of all this is Thor, the root of his negativity, so it is hardly a task to explain why Loki chooses not to love his brother.
Very true, I mean the Warrior three and Lady Sif are all really horrible to him, as if just because he's the younger brother, he's an idiot. Which is stupid, because Loki out-smarts all of them and they all end up dying.
I think you can tell I dont like Thor's buddies very much!
Original post by Kallisto
The main reason I think is that he is jealous of Thor, as he was in the shade of his brother and he didn't get the appreciation like him in their common past.
Obv Loki does care about Thor, even if he does try to kill him here and there :lol:
My point exactly! :smile:
I mean the Tesseract was the love of his life..
But clearly, he loved Thor more!
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Obv Loki does care about Thor, even if he does try to kill him here and there :lol:
Original post by aadelinamason
My point exactly! :smile:
I mean the Tesseract was the love of his life..
But clearly, he loved Thor more!

He just craves power too and sometimes that craving seems to overcome his love for his brother.
Hmm... I think he realised he was never going to rule Asgard unless he killed Thor.
I mean, it was his birthright!
He just craves power too and sometimes that craving seems to overcome his love for his brother.
Hmm... I think he realised he was never going to rule Asgard unless he killed Thor.
I mean, it was his birthright!

He's just a salty bish in all honesty :lol:
im crying
actualy
really
completely
crying
:bawling:
He's just a salty bish in all honesty :lol:
Odin's fault
:ashamed2:
im crying
actualy
really
completely
crying
:bawling:

Noooooooooooooooo don't do dat :frown:
Hmmm..
Maybe
I think Thor finds it hard to understand Loki because Loki isolates himself a lot. And also Thor used to leave Loki out all the time as kids, having sleepovers with the Warriors three!
(MTV after hours w/ Tom Hiddleston reference)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending