Turn on thread page Beta

Going to bed at 2am and waking up at 8am... BAD idea, if exam is at 1pm? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically, my plan for tomorrow is:

Wake up at 11am. Revise all day and until 2am the next morning. Go to bed. Wake up between 8am and 9am on exam day. Revise until midday, then drive in to school for exam.

Is this OK, do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Why not wake up at 10am and revise till 1am instead? That way, you get a good 7 hours sleep on the night before your exam. 6 hours isn't really that much of a problem if you're used to it, but it would be best to get that extra hour just in case.

yeah course, i do that when my exam is at 9lol

ReputationRep:
    That sounds fine to me. Try and wake up about 9am on the exam day, a bit more sleep would be better. Plus, you still get the average 7 hrs a night
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Its fine as long as you don't go to sleep during the exam :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sounds fine, I know people who have pretty much no sleep and go into exams.

I had an Economics exam last week and I went to sleep at around 2am and woke up at 7am to revise for my exam at 1.30pm. I felt fine.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Sounds a bit like my revision plan.

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly fine. You'll be a bit tired but nothing substantial. I do it all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds fine to me but maybe sleep an extra hour, depending how much sleep on average you need a night. I do a similar routine for exams.

ReputationRep:
    Perosnslly whatever works for you. just make sure your not over stressing youurself out, and your not lacking form a lack of sleep. I have bizzare routines, so i understand, lol

ReputationRep:
    I always find it difficult getting to sleep the night before exams, so it's rare that I'll get more than five or six hours sleep anyway. I would imagine if it's a one-off then your exam worries and need for revision will push the tiredness aside, at least for the duration of your exam. Whatever you do, try and avoid lots of caffeine though - it can reaaally bugger up your concentration.

ReputationRep:
    why don't u just wake up early tommorrow, like at about 8 instead of 11?

ReputationRep:
    I did that before my french exam (accidentally). I went to sleep at about 1 and then got a text at 2am and then had to get up at half 7 and I could not concentrate for the rest of the day before my exam at half 1. The exam itself was probably one of the worst experiences of my life. Ha. And you really won't be able to carry on revising until 2am anyway. Why don't you go to sleep at 11 and get someone to force you out of bed at 5am. Same difference...

ReputationRep:
    proplus?

LOL

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who pulled an allnighter before an exam at 10am - we went through to the lounge in the morning and found her muttering away lol, she got through the exam and then went to bed cos otherwise she was going insane lol

ReputationRep:
    Adrenaline should see you through the day and the exam - I very rarely sleep before exams now, because I know I won't get to sleep if I go to bed anyway, so I stay up and revise and try to crash after. Your plan sounds fine.

Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Whaterver works for you. However, if you're not used to it, a lack of sleep is bad for your brain, you will end up having revised everything, but only registering half of it.

If you repeat this you can get sick and it will affect your other exams performance.

Personally, i tried to have enough sleep since study leave all the way to the end of exams. Lack ofsleep is not good for you. Sometimes i feel like i wanna throw up when i don't get enough sleep, add that to the exam anxiety. So yea, keep yourself healthy.

ReputationRep:
    That's fine!!! I went to sleep at 2:30 last night and woke up at 8, I'm feeling as energetic as ever.

ReputationRep:
    i did more than that. the reason being is i couldnt sleep and i didnt feel tired until 1hr before the exam. but you should eat proper breakfast or lunch to keep your energy up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sleeping about 5 hours a night currently.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.