Chronoscope's Bizzy Summer Watch

Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Hey everyone and welcome to my Summer Bucket List 2019.
I'm Chronoscope , and this is potentially my last summer as student so I'll be making the most of it :yep: I didn't realize the Beach Hut had been opened so it seems like already a few days behind

My key (these will indicate what is done, what is in progress, and what hasn't been started yet, or hasn't been completed)

Completed :penguinhugs: :penguinhug:

In Progress :penguin:

Not started yet :tux:

Didn't complete :diep:
(uh yeah I love penguins, penguins are the coolest, literally )

Goals to complete

Throughout my Bucket List you might see goals underneath the main goals which are kind of idea/potential goals for myself. If I do them I'll strike them off and write about doing them as well.

1. Discover a new beach (UK or abroad) :tux:

2. Have a movie marathon day :penguinhug:

Goal 2.1 : binge a new TV series

3. Travel somewhere new :tux:

4. Create something :penguinhug:

Goal 4.1 Make a scrapbook.
Goal 4.2 Do some sketching

Goal 4.3 Do in some pages in my Harry Potter colouring book

5. Visit a museum :tux:

6. Go for a long walk :tux:

7. Read a book you haven’t read before :penguin:

Being a Books, Literature and Comics forum helper I can definately say reading is one of my main hobbies :love: My Goodreads Reading Challenge has however taken a hit during term time and I would like to be able to complete my 30 book goal for this year, so the Books that I'm gonna read are:

Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
Demigods and Magicians by Rick Riordan
Wonder by RJ Palacio
Magnus Chase book 2

8. Have a picnic :tux:

9. Try a new sport or fitness activity :tux:

10. Go on a camping trip :tux:

11. Be the one in charge of cooking at a BBQ :tux:

12. Have a water fight :tux:

13. Have a well-being day :tux:

14. Try a new recipe :tux: So many recipes I would like to try out :woo:

15. Make your ultimate summer playlist :penguinhug:

16. Inspire others by suggesting a free/low-cost thing

17. Go for a long walk/hike
I shamelessly borrowed this from someone else's bucket list because I too hate hiking and would much rather go on a long walk :tux:

18. Invent a new smoothie :tux:

19. Take part in a random act of kindness :tux:

20. Host a party, gathering or mini festival :tux:

21. Learn a new skill :penguin:

22. Write a bucket list and see how much you can tick off by the end of summer
Edit: didn't read the FAQ first time around

:fatcontroller: Extra Summer Bucket Goals :fight:

1. Draw a couple of animal sketches
2. Save £100 for a rainy day
3. Visit local train station to find out how it works...
4. Make some (TSR) profile picture designs
5. Have a summer clearout/declutter

Prize
a day out somewhere / amazon vouchers perhaps i

23. Volunteer somewhere :penguinhug:

24. Do something towards getting your dream job (prep your CV, find apprenticeships/internships to apply to etc.) :tux:

Goal 24.1 : Begin driving lessons again.
This will help open job opportunities for me as I live in a small village. Initially I was having driving lessons earlier this year, however the driving instructor kept cancelling and making excuses as to why they couldn't do them which knocked my confidence a bit.

Goal 24.2 Apply for part time jobs.
I've already started doing this but had no luck so far.

Goal 24.3 Learn and improve foreign language = GERMAN :love:.
Once upon a time I used Duolingo and had passed quite a few checkpoints...now just need to refresh my memory

Some of these I must say will be fun to complete but some of them will certainly be challenging so I'll take a bash at it and see how it goes! :danceboy:

Aiming to update at least once a week - let me know if you'd like to be tagged

Last edited by Chronoscope; 4 days ago
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please can I have a tag?
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by barror1)
Please can I have a tag?
Sure you can! :penguinhug: I'd forgotton about tagging people :hide:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?

27/06/2019
It was a pretty busy day for me

As terrified as I was to wake up on this beautiful day (around 10ish) it was still terrifying because I knew up until around 6pm that evening I would be having my last few hours as a teenager forever :eek3: :hide:. So I woke up around 10ish got up and opened my cards and birthday presents :love: I was very fortunate to receive a memory card fro my Nintendo Switch which would extend its memory a bit (was so happy to get that because it means I don't have to keep deleting games to replace with new games :work:

Then we (me and my Mum) went to eat brunch in a Morrison's Cafe, Their bacon toasties is :yum: oh I almost forgot to mention the hot chocolate. I love hot chocolate. At first I thought it might be a bad idea cos it was a pretty hot day but I did not regret it.
Once we'd finished brunch we went to visit my Nan. It was really nice to catch up with her, and we talked about how she'd accidentally put 'Happy 19th Birthday' in my card instead of 20 but I didn't mind that at all because I'd rather be 19 than 20 :lol: :hugs:

After visiting my Nan we made our way down to the cinema. The film we saw was Toy Story 4 :zomg: I thought it was pretty good, I don't want to say much about it due to spoilers but the spoiler below I will say a lot about it...

This spoiler includes Spoilers about TOY STORY 4 open at your own risk!
Spoiler:
Show

Those ventriloquist dolls were kinda creepy. Reminds me of that Night of the Living Dummy Goosebumps book :lol:.Like I get why Woody wanted to go... but how did he get the sharpie pen off of his foot? A few unanswered questions in the plot but overall I liked the story/plot.

Anyways after the cinema we went out to eat at a restaurant nearby, my Dad came to meet us there as he was doing some plumbing job at someones house. Needless to say the food was delish :yum: For the main course I chose to have a bacon and cheese burger with fries, and onions for the side order. For the desert as I still had room I chose to have a warm chocolate fudge cake with a scoop of ice cream
Once we'd finished in the restaurant we traveled home, and just talked in the living room until we went to bed

28/06/2019

In the morning, I hung some washing on the line which didn't take very long to dry. Then watched some YouTube videos on 'how to insert a micro SD card into a Nintendo Switch' because I needed a tutorial before I proceeding. Inserted it and :woo: officially have more external storage :danceboy:
After that I redownloaded the games which I had deleted to make room for new games, so they all fit now.

In the evening, I made up a pitta bread pizza. Which is basically adding tomato puree, cheese, and oregano on top of a pitta bread. I normally make it for the nights I'm at work as its pretty easy to make. Then went to work, there was some kind of function on so there were more dishes to wash up than normal back of house (IT WAS BOILING HOT in there! luckily we got a few cold drinks).

Once home from work birthday cake was eaten as there wasn't enough time to do it on my birthday. It was definitely tasty :yep:

29/06/2019

Midday I created a playlist called 'Ultimate Summer Playlist' so I could tick off goal 15 so that's :penguinhugs:. I didn't really want to put a link to the playlist as my Facebook is connected to my Spotify and if you send a link out it can show your full name so I put a picture below instead :yeah:

(Need to reupload pic)
I found it really fun making the playlist because whilst I played it for the first time I decided to Kon Marie my clothes in my wardrobe. I didn't think I would have enough time due to working again in the evening (but then they texted saying I started at 8pm which = plenty of time )/ Recently my wardrobe has been getting a bit untidy and unorganised.

my ultimate summer playlist

Ready For It by Taylor Swift
5, 6, 7, 8 - Steps
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
This is Me by Keala Settle
Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
Hot-hot-hot - Arrow
Sax - Fleur East
Paradise - George Ezra
Summer Holiday - Cliff Richard and The Shadows
Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
We Found Love - Rhianna, Calvin Harris
Heavon is a Place On Earth - Belinda Carlisle
ME! - Taylor Swift, Brendon Urie
SCREAM - Sergey Lazarev
Sunshine - TIEKS, Dan Harkins
New Girl - Reggie and Bollie
Good Time - Owl City
Cake by the Ocean
Dancing in the Moonlight - Toploader
Mr Brightside - The Killers
Mr Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra
Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
Dancing Queen - Abba
Lollipop - MIKA
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Dynamite - Taio Cruz
Salute - Little Mix
Honey, honey, ABBA
Why did it have to be me? - ABBA
How Far I'll Go - Alessia Cara
The Final Countdown - Europe]

Photo while kon Marie-ing

I also managed to declutter some of it which filled a whole charity bag which will be donated. I was pleased with that.:dance:

30/06/2019

About an hour ago I paid my laundry fee for college, and have just started the process for applying for college transport for September.. Also done LOADS of washing today. Like loads - the winter stuff like gloves, scarves, and hats have just been put out, which shouldn't take too long to dry.
This morning I did around 20 squats and some push ups (the kneeling kind). For my fitness goal I'm probably going to do squats and Just Dance on my Switch, as a bit unsure of going to the gym atm.

Tag list :grouphugs:
Spoiler:
Show
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 month ago
PilboBaggins
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Amazing! Good luck. I'm loving your blog so far.
Chronoscope
Rep:
?

Blog Entry for 04/07/2019

01/07/2019 - TASK 7 IN PROGRESS - READ A BOOK YOU HAVEN'T READ BEFORE

Currently I'm on page 60 of Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan.
Been finding it interesting so far :yep:

03/07/2019 - TASK 21 IN PROGRESS - LEARN A NEW SKILL

Initially I decided that I'd improve my Excel spreadsheet skills which then changed to relearn Photoshop again which I downloaded yesterday along with Lightroom . I haven't used Photoshop since I did graphic design in high school so I'm really looking forward to doing some art stuff on there as I've missed doing it (when I attempted to play around with some of the features some of the stuff I remembered but some of the stuff I've forgotten so I'll need to watch a few YouTube tutorials

03/07/2019 - TASK 23 COMPLETED - VOLUNTEER

Who am I volunteering for?

Spoiler:
Show

I hope I can cross this of my list if I'm volunteering for The Student Room :woo: Where do I begin?

I made an application in this forum - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=361 which was reviewed for a while before tada! I also had a video chat with StrawberryDreams who was very friendly (idk if you noticed I was dead nervous :hugs: , then there was a few other things to do steps but now:

there was a stage midday where I laid low on TSR and it was kinda painful but I survived almost
So now I'm very excited to participate even more in the Entertainment forum :yep: :penguin:

Tag List (if you want to be added/removed pls let me know : barror1, PilboBaggins
PilboBaggins
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)

Update for 04/07/2019

01/07/2019 - TASK 7 IN PROGRESS - READ A BOOK YOU HAVEN'T READ BEFORE

Currently I'm on page 60 of Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan.
Been finding it interesting so far :yep:

03/07/2019 - TASK 21 IN PROGRESS - LEARN A NEW SKILL

Initially I decided that I'd improve my Excel spreadsheet skills which then changed to relearn Photoshop again which I downloaded yesterday along with Lightroom . I haven't used Photoshop since I did graphic design in s high school so I'm really looking forward to doing some art stuff on there as I've missed doing it (when I attempted to play around with some of the features some of the stuff I remembered but some of the stuff I've forgotten so I'll need to watch a few YouTube tutorials

03/07/2019 - TASK 23 COMPLETED - VOLUNTEER

Who am I volunteering for?

Spoiler:
Show

I hope I can cross this of my list if I'm volunteering for The Student Room :woo: Where do I begin?

I made an application in this forum - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=361 which was review for a while before tada! I also had a video chat with StrawberryDreams who was very friendly (idk if you noticed I was dead nervous :hugs: , then there was a few other things to do steps but now:

there was a stage midday where I laid low on TSR and it was kinda painful but I survived almost
So now I'm very excited to participate even more in the Entertainment forum :yep: :penguin:

Tag List (if you want to be added/removed pls let me know : barror1, PilboBaggins
Amazing! I love Rick Riordan as a writer. I have such a great nostalgia for the Percy Jackson series!

Photoshop is a great skill to improve. Are there any particular areas you're looking at? I'm still very much a beginner and a lot of it scares me

Yay - so glad you can tick off volunteering. It's wonderful people like you who give their time so generously that make The Student Room the fun and welcoming place it is. Thank you! :tux:
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I made an application in this forum - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=361 which was review for a while before tada! I also had a video chat with StrawberryDreams who was very friendly (idk if you noticed I was dead nervous :hugs: , then there was a few other things to do steps but now:

It was so lovely to meet you! And you didn't look nervous at all, so you hid it very well

Can't wait to work with you in the Entertainment forum even more :woo:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by PilboBaggins)
Amazing! I love Rick Riordan as a writer. I have such a great nostalgia for the Percy Jackson series!

Photoshop is a great skill to improve. Are there any particular areas you're looking at? I'm still very much a beginner and a lot of it scares me

Yay - so glad you can tick off volunteering. It's wonderful people like you who give their time so generously that make The Student Room the fun and welcoming place it is. Thank you! :tux:
Thanks
I don't really have a particular area that I'm focusing on in photoshop tbh I did hear you can somehow make GIF's on there so I want to look into that, as there's a severe lack of 100x100 penguin GIFs available. I also want to make a Camp Half Blood avatar for TSR because the google ones are too big.

(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
It was so lovely to meet you! And you didn't look nervous at all, so you hid it very well

Can't wait to work with you in the Entertainment forum even more :woo:
I didn't? :hugs: glad to hear that maybe I was more nervous of the wifi connection breaking up
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Blog Entry for 09/07/2019

What have I done since last Wedneday? The future aim for this blog will be to update it hopefully at least once a week :yep:

04/07/2019 - Started sketching the outline for task 4. Also finished a rewatch of a particular Netflix show to remind myself of what happened in orevious seasons :yes:

05/07/2019 - work called me and said I wasn't required on pot wash that evening. What did I do instead you may ask...

I started watching around 2:30pm and finished watching the 8 episodes at 4am It took so long because I was not willing to skip tea and such things. :yes: Also did a spontaneous shopping trip to a local Morrisons and Aldi in between to pick up a couple of snacks

The end result of what I thought of season three...?

07/07/2019 - working pot wash most of the day at work...

08/06/2019 - nearly completed sketch for task 4. Also, our dog went to go have her gnashers cleaned at the vets so I was a bit worried about her as she had to go on a drip due to her kidneys not working very well. When the dog got home she was a still very tired but seemed fairly happy.

Returning back to the summer challenge stuff:..

TASK 4 COMPLETE - CREATE SOMETHING A PIECE OF FASHION, ART, MUSIC, CREATIVE WRITING ANYTHING...

Started drawing it on Thursday and finished this evening. It didn't turn out precisely the way I wanted but I'm happy with how it looks :thumbsup: Its kinda meant to be a building / mini beach scene

The Sketching Part:

The Finished Piece:

Taglist: barror1 PilboBaggins
PilboBaggins
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Blog Entry for 09/07/2019

What have I done since last Wedneday? The future aim for this blog will be to update it hopefully at least once a week :yep:

04/07/2019 - Started sketching the outline for task 4. Also finished a rewatch of a particular Netflix show to remind myself of what happened in orevious seasons :yes:

05/07/2019 - work called me and said I wasn't required on pot wash that evening. What did I do instead you may ask...

I started watching around 2:30pm and finished watching the 8 episodes at 4am It took so long because I was not willing to skip tea and such things. :yes: Also did a spontaneous shopping trip to a local Morrisons and Aldi in between to pick up a couple of snacks

The end result of what I thought of season three...?

07/07/2019 - working pot wash most of the day at work...

08/06/2019 - nearly completed sketch for task 4. Also, our dog went to go have her gnashers cleaned at the vets so I was a bit worried about her as she had to go on a drip due to her kidneys not working very well. When the dog got home she was a still very tired but seemed fairly happy.

Returning back to the summer challenge stuff:..

TASK 4 COMPLETE - CREATE SOMETHING A PIECE OF FASHION, ART, MUSIC, CREATIVE WRITING ANYTHING...

Started drawing it on Thursday and finished this evening. It didn't turn out precisely the way I wanted but I'm happy with how it looks :thumbsup: Its kinda meant to be a building / mini beach scene

The Sketching Part:

The Finished Piece:

Taglist: barror1 PilboBaggins
Loving this update I'm trying to update my blog regularly too.

Hahaha, that's an absolute binge that I can get behind. I'm only 3 episodes in so no spoilers but... how are you finding it? I love the friendship between Dustin and Steve.

I can't wait to finish it this weekend, I'm preparing to feel emotional Haha!

That looks so awesome! Weirdly it kind of reminds me of where I went in Jersey a few weekends ago, they had a lido/beach area that is laid out almost exactly the same way. I wish I was good at drawing like you, I also completely suck at drawing structures so I've always admired when people can.

What are your plans for the rest of the week?
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Loving this update I'm trying to update my blog regularly too.

Hahaha, that's an absolute binge that I can get behind. I'm only 3 episodes in so no spoilers but... how are you finding it? I love the friendship between Dustin and Steve.

I can't wait to finish it this weekend, I'm preparing to feel emotional Haha!

That looks so awesome! Weirdly it kind of reminds me of where I went in Jersey a few weekends ago, they had a lido/beach area that is laid out almost exactly the same way. I wish I was good at drawing like you, I also completely suck at drawing structures so I've always admired when people can.

What are your plans for the rest of the week?
Work at restaurant at the weekend, TSR during the week, and a couple of family birthdays this month so just been card and present hunting really
I think series 3 ended in a way I was happy with :yep: the acting chemistry between the pair was fantastic
Which episode are you currently on?

I bet you don't suck at drawing :hugs: its on your bucket list so no harm in having a go

Idk why I like drawing structures tbh although some of the buildings from Canaletto and Guardi are kind of awesome :love:
(it was my main theme when I did AS textiles in sixthform though)
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Entry for 11/07/2019

TASK 2 COMPLETE - HAVE A MOVIE MARATHON DAY!!!!

Today I went into town to get my Nan and my cousin their cards and birthday presents. Also wrapping paper because the only other wrapping paper in the house is Christmas paper... and that is a problem I'm not risking Anyway's I ended up at a card shop and found more or less what I was looking for, for each of them. Just need to wrap them all now (is it just me who hate's wrapping? its just so fiddly and frustrating, I swear being left handed doesn't help me either cos of scissors...
I'm also potentially changing my prize in my OP to amazon vouchers as a trip to Germany has been mentioned by my Dad as he wants to see a cousin over in Munich, so I'll see how that pans out whether it happens idk but anyways... back to the blogggg....

The movie marathon goal was completed on the 10/07/2019 :party:

In my case I started the movie marathon in the evening :yep: I'd stocked up on snacks earlier in the day and decided to pick out the movies the day before so I'd be prepared.

I also used this very helpful WikiHow guide on how to have a Movie Marathon to ensure I was SURE I hadn't missed anything important https://m.wikihow.com/Plan-a-Movie-Marathon

Here's a picture of my starting setup. Plus DVD's I intended to watch (the actual ones I ended up watching are posted below.

I decided to use my portable DVD player in my bedroom because a) my laptop doesn't play DVD's aside from netflix stuff, and b) I decided on to use it cos my parents would have kicked me off the TV to watch Corrie and Emmerdale - smh

Now one of the steps on the WikiHow guide was to pick a 'theme' for the movie marathon. I would have chosen Harry Potter but I'm already halfway through the series - they couldn't wait... In the end I decided go with the theme of 'Movies with a Strong Female Lead' boy am I glad I chose it :thumbsup:

The films I ended up watching in order were:

Throughout Mamma Mia, I decided I'd crack open the snacks so here's me watching Mamma Mia in the dark

Everytime I intent to pick up Salt and viinegar chips they ALWAYS end up the wrong flavour - cheese and onion in this case - curse you Walkers y'all should be ASHAMED! :sigh: Nevertheless they were tasty all the same

I only managed to watch halfway through Dumplin' but I thought what I saw was really really good :yes: I had to stop watching because my eyes were so tired watching 3 movies straight. Normally even paying attention to a long TV programm is hard for me not to become distracting (hence why I like 15 minute programmes, but hey I still want to watch several other movies throughout the rest of this month and August, so maybe I'll beat this attempt. But I'll mark it complete for now :yep:

The next films on my TBW list are: WonderWoman, The Sound of Music, Mamma Mia 2, Harry Potter 6, 7 prt 1 &2, Fantastic Beasts 1 & 2 :excited:

TagList: barror1 PilboBaggins
PilboBaggins
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Looks like you had a great movie marathon!

Dumplin' has been on my list for a while now, you'll have to let me know what you think when you finish it.

What do you think of Mary Poppins Returns? I absolutely love the original Mary Poppins so I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this one.
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Looks like you had a great movie marathon!

Dumplin' has been on my list for a while now, you'll have to let me know what you think when you finish it.

What do you think of Mary Poppins Returns? I absolutely love the original Mary Poppins so I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this one.
Will do! admittedly its still on my watch list atm after finishing the movie marathon but it will deffo be finished :yep:
omg I LOVED Mary Poppins Returns :love:saw it in the cinema when it came out - still think the little boy who acted the part of Georgie did a very good job :yep:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Entry for 14/07/2019

I have not completed any goals since doing the movie marathon but thought I'd update anyway :yeah:

Friday Friday Friday! :thumbsup:

I can't remember what I did tbh - although I did make a new blog in the creative corner. Its called Incredible Memes and Where to Find Them Will be updating that every few days as well.

Saturday - I was due at work at 7;30pm my parents went out to their friends house and had a very nice delicious Indian takeout without me cycled there and back to work and it didn't take as long as I'd expected. On the way home I saw some guy in his front garden watering his plants with a water sprinkler - it was around 11:05pm idk why he was doing it so late :lol:
When got home I wrapped my cousins birthday present.and did the card etc, My Dad is travelling down South, this weekend as he's helping my uncle do some housework at my Grans house as she's been in hospital recently. When he came back a couple of weeks ago he said the freezer had not very pleasant food substances in it :yucky:

Sunday aka today - work again. I didn't sleep very well last night as I was aching a bit as for some reason everything on pot wash seemed heavier than normal. After not having a v good night on 5 hours of sleep in the end I gave up and listened to one of my audiobooks and looked up meditation tips on YouTube.

Earlier today I cycled to work and it was waaay busy and I felt so tired. It started getting busy in the restaurant around lunch time obvs :yawn: I cycled home a different way than normal bc it looked flatter but really it was just a longer route. I stopped en route to switch my hoodie to my flannel tshirt cos it was hot, but when I stopped I some ant flew into me and stung me on the neck now i have a couple of pincer marks as a medal... I did manage to get the thing of me eventually and might've yelped a little bit as well, not fun :no:

On another note to make this update slightly more positive I started watching the Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers on Netflix. I'm about a quarter of the way through the documentary so far and it kind of ties into that storm into area 51 thing on facebook.

:penguin:

Tag List: barror1 PilboBaggins
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Entry 4 17/07/2019

Mid week update checking innnn...

I've spent most of this afternoon looking up conspiracy theories, attempting to look at declassified top secret files on the FBI Vault and The Black Vault hoping my curiosity needs would become inspired... don't think it worked, cos now I'm craving more like I was scrolling through the UFO page of The Black Vault hoping there would be a simple explanation.... nope

Yesterday (16/07/2019) - I had a headache most of the day of :rip: the actual day. In the evening I watched this weeks Holby City and Casualty episode :thumbsup:

Also there was some sort of eclipse going on. A couple of okish pictures were obtained and managed to watch some of it before it got covered by a dark cloud :cry:

IN PROGRESS

TASK 7 - aka read a new book - same as before really still on the same book on about page 266 so around halfway :yep:

TASK 19 - aka A random act of Kindness = This was always going to be one I didn't really know what to do for. But I've decided to mark it in progress for now. Whether it is enough idk.
So, I was walking back from work on Monday around 9:30pm and it was still light. Not many people were walking through town - fairly quiet that evening. On the way to the carpark there was this gentleman who had his painting stuff set up behind the church. He was like 'excuse me, would you mind taking a couple of pictures of me for my blog?' Took the photos for him with his iphone and he seemed generally grateful I'd helped him. Also his Jack Russel was really sweet :yep:

TAGLIST: barror1 PilboBaggins
PilboBaggins
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Amazing! I hope you're feeling better now though? Headaches really are the worst.

Are you enjoying your book? I usually read so much but been having a bit of a break - probably because I'm focusing on all of these summer challenges

The random act of kindness is the one I'm struggling with a bit too, I like to think I do a lot of kind acts, but not sure which will qualify to tick this off the list. I bet that man was really happy that you took the time out to take those photos of him - that will really help him out!

Loving your updates, keep them coming! :thumbsup:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Entry for 09/08/2019

Hiya! Long time no see :hide: . I'l be honest here I kind of forgot about this as I didn't really have anything exciting / interesting occur during the 3 weeks in which I didn't update

Goal Update Reviews...

Task 7 - Read a book you haven't read before

Despite not completing many goals throughout the 3 weeks of not goals I did manage to read three books which means I'm more than halfway to meeting my Goodreads challenge reading goal for the year :woo:.The books I read were:

this Review includes spoilers
I really enjoyed this book. It basically had three crossover stories which from the Percy Jackson series and the Kane Chronicles. The first story 'The Son of Sobek' is where Percy and Cater accidentally meet whilst fighting the same monster which is Egyptian and Greek. The second story 'The Staff of Serapsis' is where Annabeth and Sadie meet and fight a 3 headed monster and a magician who sucks the life force out of you to gain power. The third story - 'The Crown of Ptomely' It was my favourite short story in the whole book purely for the fact it was the penultimate crossover where all 4 characters (Percy, Annabeth, Sadie, and Cater) met up and battled Setna an evil magician who wishes to become an immortal God

Review contains spoilers
I enjoyed the novel and it was a great introduction into the Norse mythology in which the main character belonged to (not to mention a camo character appearance from someone who was a main character in the Percy Jackson series - you can probably work it out. Additionally, it had some really good scenes where the characters have side quests to complete. The characters were also really diverse in this novel e.g. the main character was homeless, and one of the characters used sign language to communicate due to being deaf. Initially I was unsure whether or not to continue the series but having read the ending of the first novel I'll definitely be continuing it :yes:

Review contains potential spoilers
Did I mention this is one of my favourite books of all time? Perhaps I should The main character follows a 10 year old boy who struggles to start and fit into middle school due to having a facial anomaly /deformity. The story is split into a few different sections which include himself, his sister, his friend, and his sisters boyfriend which tell the story from their point of views. There's also a movie on Netflix but imo the book conveys the story of this novel a lot better.

Goal 22.1 - Do some animal sketches

Started sketching again and been enjoying it :yes: On my other blog I drew a few penguins, dragon, and a something of a horse so here are the images for those

Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Update for 15/08/2019
Mid week update :penguin:

2.1 Binge a TV series

Have finished the Netflix documentary series -,"Inside the Worlds Toughest Prisons". Overally found the series very interesting as each programme a different prison in a city was visited by the presenter and gave you a idea of what it could be like.
Additionally have *almost* finished watching Fuller House series 4 :thumbsup:

22.3 Figure out the local train station(s)

In progress. Haven't actually needed to use a train yet but will need to soon so need to figure this out ASAP. Internet has been helpful especially when your parents have not used a train since last century (1998) :lol: Have now visited both stations which are nearest as one is literally only one platform compared to the other which has several platforms. So went to the bigger station last, and left the station with a load of leaflets which I'm currently reading :yep:

so far the information kiiind of makes sense am hoping it will make more sense tomorrow

Spoiler:
Show

not really it doesn't make sense its like a made up language which I haven't learnt yet

Last edited by Chronoscope; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%