The Student Room Group

From nursing to dentistry

Hi,
I am currently studying Adult Nursing (just finished 2nd year). However, I have decided I would like to pursue a career in dentistry after completing my nursing degree...

My question is... would having a nursing degree be enough to get onto the course (I’m expected to gain a first-class honours degree) ? And also has anyone here gone from nursing to dentistry or know of anyone who has?

Thanks
I’m thinking of doing the exact same, I’m about to go into 1st year adult nursing and want to do dentistry afterwards. Is there anyway of doing so?
Original post by Staceyd28
Hi,
I am currently studying Adult Nursing (just finished 2nd year). However, I have decided I would like to pursue a career in dentistry after completing my nursing degree...

My question is... would having a nursing degree be enough to get onto the course (I’m expected to gain a first-class honours degree) ? And also has anyone here gone from nursing to dentistry or know of anyone who has?

Thanks

Hi,
There are 3 dental schools offering graduate entry. UCLan, KCL, Aberdeen. I would ring their admissions department and ask the question. They would probably need to know if your nursing degree passed their verification of prior learning. Usually it is biomedical degrees which have the modules that are required.

You can also apply for undergraduate entry which is less competitive but you wouldn't get the same level of financial support to cover tuition fees
Reply 3
Kings and Aberdeen accept Adult nursing. I’m fact, most of them do, but some will require BBB at A levels, but those two unis don’t.
Hi, if you could please let me know if you found a university that accepts adult nursing graduates that would be so helpful. Thank you
Reply 5
Original post by abneerashir
Hi, if you could please let me know if you found a university that accepts adult nursing graduates that would be so helpful. Thank you

Call unis, but all of them do. The next step is to get good UCAT score
Reply 6
Hi, what’s UCAT and how do you get good score any tips please? Thanks
Original post by Staceyd28
Hi,
Thanks

Hi,

Can you please advise if you managed to transfer from adult nursing to dental as I am looking to do the same myself :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest