The Student Room Group

I am 14, i dislike men and islam AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alisha999
All I'm going to say is that you need to have faith in your religion. I'm a Muslim and honestly Islam brings me peace.
Yes I have times where I just want to give up and even now I'm in an emotionally difficult situation but personally I wouldn't ever leave Islam because I trust Allah more than i trust myself.
And this life is a test, please remember this. All the hardships you face and everything that goes on for example their may be people persuading you to leave Islam and telling you that you did good if you left... all this is a test from Allah to see whether you are easily going to be influenced by what others say/do.
This is a test to see how strong your faith IN Allah is!
We all have different tests given to us by Allah but we need to understand that we cannot give in.
I'm not hating on anyone and I respect everyone.
I just wanted to tell you what I think as a Muslim who has been through quite a lot.
If you're not a Muslim from the very start that's a different story and either way I do not have anything against people who are not Muslims or non believers I love everyone for who they are.
But because I've always been a Muslim I know how much peace and content I get from being a Muslim and following Islam and I know others who are not Muslims wouldn't understand that hence itll be easier for them to say to you that you having left Islam is a good thing.

I hope things work out well for you! :smile:

Above ☝️
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Agreed, Islam is toxic and nasty. But why the hate against men, are you a pink-haired radical feminist?

How can you call someone’s faith toxic and nasty when you probably now nothing about Islam you should have respect at the least as it’s disrespectful and rude to talk about someone else’s religion like that
Original post by aisha47643337
How can you call someone’s faith toxic and nasty when you probably now nothing about Islam you should have respect at the least as it’s disrespectful and rude to talk about someone else’s religion like that

Actually, I know a lot about Islam, having read the Quran multiple times, as well as hadith and tafsir. No belief is automatically worthy of respect, the latter is earned, not demanded. Why should I respect an ideology that promotes hatred, violence and torture?
Actually, I know a lot about Islam, having read the Quran multiple times, as well as hadith and tafsir. No belief is automatically worthy of respect, the latter is earned, not demanded. Why should I respect an ideology that promotes hatred, violence and torture?

Agree with aisha47643337
Original post by aisha47643337

Because of what it says - do you support slavery, rape and torture, as Islam does?

Ideas only get respect on their merits. Religious ones typically don't have any merit, IMO, so no respect.
Original post by bushtank
Islam is not invented first of all

Other religions were invented before it was :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
I’d be happy for you to transfer all your money to me.
There's loads of bad quotes like that but at the same time loads of good quotes too, that promote equality. That's why I'm confused as well.
Original post by Gent2324
why you hate men?

Spoiler

Original post by ugly245
i dont believe mohamed is a prophet from god.
But I am also against a lot of things in islam like:
Obeying husband OF COURSE
inheritance of the female being half the man
that men are in charge
that women cant lead prayers
that men will get hoor al ayn
polygamy
slavery
mohamed marriage to aisha/child marriage
etc
I rejected/disbelieved a lot of verses in the quran like:

الرِّجَالُ قَوَّامُونَ عَلَى النِّسَاءِ بِمَا فَضَّلَ اللَّهُ بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ وَبِمَا أَنفَقُوا مِنْ أَمْوَالِهِمْ ۚ فَالصَّالِحَاتُ قَانِتَاتٌ حَافِظَاتٌ لِّلْغَيْبِ بِمَا حَفِظَ اللَّهُ ۚ وَاللَّاتِي تَخَافُونَ نُشُوزَهُنَّ فَعِظُوهُنَّ وَاهْجُرُوهُنَّ فِي الْمَضَاجِعِ وَاضْرِبُوهُنَّ ۖ فَإِنْ أَطَعْنَكُمْ فَلَا تَبْغُوا عَلَيْهِنَّ سَبِيلًا ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيًّا كَبِيرًا - 4:34

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ إِلَّا مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ۖ كِتَابَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ ۚ وَأُحِلَّ لَكُم مَّا وَرَاءَ ذَٰلِكُمْ أَن تَبْتَغُوا بِأَمْوَالِكُم مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ ۚ فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً ۚ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا - 4:24
And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess. [This is] the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are [all others] beyond these, [provided] that you seek them [in marriage] with [gifts from] your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse. So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. And there is no blame upon you for what you mutually agree to beyond the obligation. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.

Al rahman 56-57:

فِيهِنَّ قَاصِرَاتُ الطَّرْفِ لَمْ يَطْمِثْهُنَّ إِنسٌ قَبْلَهُمْ وَلَآ جَانٌّ
فَبِأيِّ آلَآء رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ
56. In both Gardens of Paradise shall be chaste females restraining their glances, desiring none except their husbands with whom no man or jinni has had intercourse.
57. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both [jinn and men] deny?

مُّحَمَّدٌ رَّسُولُ اللَّهِ ۚ وَالَّذِينَ مَعَهُ أَشِدَّاءُ عَلَى الْكُفَّارِ رُحَمَاءُ بَيْنَهُمْ ۖ تَرَاهُمْ رُكَّعًا سُجَّدًا يَبْتَغُونَ فَضْلًا مِّنَ اللَّهِ وَرِضْوَانًا ۖ سِيمَاهُمْ فِي وُجُوهِهِم مِّنْ أَثَرِ السُّجُودِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ مَثَلُهُمْ فِي التَّوْرَاةِ ۚ وَمَثَلُهُمْ فِي الْإِنجِيلِ كَزَرْعٍ أَخْرَجَ شَطْأَهُ فَآزَرَهُ فَاسْتَغْلَظَ فَاسْتَوَىٰ عَلَىٰ سُوقِهِ يُعْجِبُ الزُّرَّاعَ لِيَغِيظَ بِهِمُ الْكُفَّارَ ۗ وَعَدَ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ مِنْهُم مَّغْفِرَةً وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًا - 48:29

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward.

Surah 24 An-Nur, Ayat 31-31
وَقُلْ لِّـلۡمُؤۡمِنٰتِ يَغۡضُضۡنَ مِنۡ اَبۡصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحۡفَظۡنَ فُرُوۡجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبۡدِيۡنَ زِيۡنَتَهُنَّ اِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنۡهَا وَلۡيَـضۡرِبۡنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلٰى جُيُوۡبِهِنَّ وَلَا يُبۡدِيۡنَ زِيۡنَتَهُنَّ اِلَّا لِبُعُوۡلَتِهِنَّ اَوۡ اٰبَآئِهِنَّ اَوۡ اٰبَآءِ بُعُوۡلَتِهِنَّ اَوۡ اَبۡنَآئِهِنَّ اَوۡ اَبۡنَآءِ بُعُوۡلَتِهِنَّ اَوۡ اِخۡوَانِهِنَّ اَوۡ بَنِىۡۤ اِخۡوَانِهِنَّ اَوۡ بَنِىۡۤ اَخَوٰتِهِنَّ اَوۡ نِسَآئِهِنَّ اَوۡ مَا مَلَـكَتۡ اَيۡمَانُهُنَّ اَوِ التّٰبِعِيۡنَ غَيۡرِ اُولِى الۡاِرۡبَةِ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ اَوِ الطِّفۡلِ الَّذِيۡنَ لَمۡ يَظۡهَرُوۡا عَلٰى عَوۡرٰتِ النِّسَآءِ وَلَا يَضۡرِبۡنَ بِاَرۡجُلِهِنَّ لِيُـعۡلَمَ مَا يُخۡفِيۡنَ مِنۡ زِيۡنَتِهِنَّ ؕ وَتُوۡبُوۡۤا اِلَى اللّٰهِ جَمِيۡعًا اَيُّهَ الۡمُؤۡمِنُوۡنَ لَعَلَّكُمۡ تُفۡلِحُوۡنَ‏ ﴿24:31﴾

And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.

وَاللَّائِي يَئِسْنَ مِنَ الْمَحِيضِ مِن نِّسَائِكُمْ إِنِ ارْتَبْتُمْ فَعِدَّتُهُنَّ ثَلَاثَةُ أَشْهُرٍ وَاللَّائِي لَمْ يَحِضْنَ ۚ وَأُولَاتُ الْأَحْمَالِ أَجَلُهُنَّ أَن يَضَعْنَ حَمْلَهُنَّ ۚ وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِ يُسْرًا - 65:4

And those who no longer expect menstruation among your women - if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstruated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him of his matter ease.

Etc
You lot are all **** ass to talk to
Agree with aisha47643337

OK? I don’t, and I’ve given logical reasons for my position, she hasn’t for hers.
OK? I don’t, and I’ve given logical reasons for my position, she hasn’t for hers.

I’m sure you wouldn’t like if someone made mockery out ur belief or culture
Just want to say to all here...
I am a young muslim and I agree with some of you when you say you dont agree with some things in Islam,however,just think things like young children marrying older people was not only common in Islam but also in Christianity too,Christians have changed their ways and I believe one day Islam will change too.

Also what is everyones reason for leaving,dont be too rash,look into things because I have always found a reasonable answer to all my questions.
Hope this was helpful,may Allah forgive and bless all of us.
:smile:
Im sorry but since when do muslims support any of those things anymore,just like christians thought slavery was okay before ,rape wasnt taken seriously then,and so many were tortured if they did not listen. As I have said,people change, the world changed,so why cant people wait for Islam to change.Also if you research enogh, it clearly says in the Quran to not inflict harm to someone else,rape and torment out of the way, and also to always treat eachother equally,slavery out of the way too.I cannot quote this now but it is there and if you are that intrest in this religion please research before you say anything.
May Allah forgive and bless us all...
Original post by RogerOxon
Because of what it says - do you support slavery, rape and torture, as Islam does?

Ideas only get respect on their merits. Religious ones typically don't have any merit, IMO, so no respect.
Original post by ImGonnaFailSoBad
Im sorry but since when do muslims support any of those things anymore,just like christians thought slavery was okay before ,rape wasnt taken seriously then,and so many were tortured if they did not listen. As I have said,people change, the world changed,so why cant people wait for Islam to change.Also if you research enogh, it clearly says in the Quran to not inflict harm to someone else,rape and torment out of the way, and also to always treat eachother equally,slavery out of the way too.I cannot quote this now but it is there and if you are that intrest in this religion please research before you say anything.

The Quran claims to be the perfect and unchanging word of a god, which the Bible doesn't. It contradicts itself. If you "research enough", you would see that.
I’m sure you wouldn’t like if someone made mockery out ur belief or culture

Perhaps, but anyone has the right to mock it nonetheless. You don’t have the right to not be offended.

Ever heard of the famous phrase “I might hate what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it”?
Original post by ImGonnaFailSoBad
Just want to say to all here...
I am a young muslim and I agree with some of you when you say you dont agree with some things in Islam,however,just think things like young children marrying older people was not only common in Islam but also in Christianity too,Christians have changed their ways and I believe one day Islam will change too.

Also what is everyones reason for leaving,dont be too rash,look into things because I have always found a reasonable answer to all my questions.
Hope this was helpful,may Allah forgive and bless all of us.
:smile:

But the Quran is supposed to be the perfect guide to humanity for all time, so you can’t really use the excuse that things were different back then, because that then means Islam isn’t timeless.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that more and more Muslims are rejecting the doctrine of timeless perfection, but by doing so a lot of other Muslims will say you’ve committed kufr.
(edited 4 years ago)
Perhaps, but anyone has the right to mock it nonetheless. You don’t have the right to not be offended.

Ever heard of the famous phrase “I might hate what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it”?

Exactly then why your so mean when you know that whatever your saying is wrong
Exactly then why your so mean when you know that whatever your saying is wrong

No, not “exactly”. Read my post again, I said you DON’T have the right to NOT be offended. Which means it doesn’t matter if you’re offended by what I say, I have the right to say it and you have to deal with it, simple. Just as I have to deal with anyone mocking my beliefs, it’s part of being an adult.

Again, I’m not going to respect an unpleasant ideology such as Islam.
(edited 4 years ago)
I said this in my first post but ill say it again ... I am a *young muslim*, I have not read the whole Quran so please if you could, can you quote that or even quote the bible saying its not perfect please? Many thanks
Original post by RogerOxon
The Quran claims to be the perfect and unchanging word of a god, which the Bible doesn't. It contradicts itself. If you "research enough", you would see that.
No, not “exactly”. Read my post again, I said you don’t have the right to NOT be offended. Which means it doesn’t matter if you’re offended by what I say, I have the right to say it and you have to deal with it, simple. Just as I have to deal with anyone mocking my beliefs, it’s part of being an adult.

Again, I’m not going to respect an unpleasant ideology such as Islam.

Then why should We respect your so called ideology Christianity, why should we!! Even in Christianity women is told to lower her voice when in side the church!! Then why u lot just looking at the bad sides of Islam but not other so called ideologies!!! You lot don’t make sense!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest