The Student Room Group

Exam

I just recently finished my end of year exams (I'm in year 8) and most of them were somewhat easy but with my physics I'm pretty sure I didn't even pass. I told my parents about it and they didn't seem happy because they always expect me to be first place or at least get over 80%. I'm still waiting for the results but now I'm too scared to tell them my score because of what they would say if I fail.
I'm in a similar position to you, although several years forwards. I've just finished my A levels. I've always been used to getting near to full marks in all my tests, and have never received anything other than an A*, and my parents just expect it from me.
Yet in my A level further maths, I might not have even got an A- a combination of two (severe) really annoying silly mistakes means I'm now on lower marks than everyone I talk to. It's a hig deal because I need an A to get into Cambridge (otherwise it's Durham) and I was terrified of how my parents will react if it does turn out I get a B and end up missing my Cambridge offer (I'll find out in August).
I just explained to them exactly how it is. They weren't happy, but are being supportive about it now. Just have confidence that they'll care enough about you to not be to mad
You're in year 8 not in year 10/11, so calm.
Reply 3
Thank you for your advice, even getting a A seems like a new world for me xD. Even if you may have gotten a lower mark, your still well off and I think that the uni would lose an amazing chance to have you as a student. Best of luck!
Original post by MagnumKoishi
I'm in a similar position to you, although several years forwards. I've just finished my A levels. I've always been used to getting near to full marks in all my tests, and have never received anything other than an A*, and my parents just expect it from me.
Yet in my A level further maths, I might not have even got an A- a combination of two (severe) really annoying silly mistakes means I'm now on lower marks than everyone I talk to. It's a hig deal because I need an A to get into Cambridge (otherwise it's Durham) and I was terrified of how my parents will react if it does turn out I get a B and end up missing my Cambridge offer (I'll find out in August).
I just explained to them exactly how it is. They weren't happy, but are being supportive about it now. Just have confidence that they'll care enough about you to not be to mad
Reply 4
I'll try xD
Original post by Steve445
You're in year 8 not in year 10/11, so calm.

Quick Reply

Latest