Best a level to do in a year ( self taught )

Watch
Kieran181819
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So recently last year I got BBE in my a levels. E in business had zero passion for it. I achieved a B in chemsitry and a B in geography. My uni offer is 3Bs and I want to teach myself an A level in a year. What would be the best one. Preferably self teach. I can always enrol in a college for around 300£ and do a full A level which I probably will.
My gcse grades where
Maths A
Double award AA
ICT A
Business B (lol)
Geography A*
English B
LLW A*
RE A.
Thanks, any advice appreciated. I kinda want to do computor science or accouting so whatever helps that?
mjhmichael18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Computer Science as an A-Level maybe good to self teach. Accounting is available at my college is an A-Level. There are not many colleges and schools that do it though. You could do Maths as well as you have got a high enough grade to do it. Most college and schools do do it. Maths may be the best A-Level of the four to self-teach. It will probably compromise both Computer Science and Accounting. What does LLW stand for? It may be good to consider that as an A-Level to self-teach or at a college if anywhere near you does it.
Last edited by mjhmichael18; 1 year ago
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is good to do what you want to do at University at A-Level first. I would say do either Computer Science or Accounting at A-Level to prepare you for University. The only problem is they may be hard to self-teach.
Last edited by mjhmichael18; 1 year ago
Kieran181819
Rep:
?
Yea I’m not 100% sure what I want I think maths would compromise both. Also there seems to be good resources online. Maths is quite hard tho but suppose any a level is hard
(Original post by mjhmichael18)
It is good to do what you want to do at University at A-Level first. I would say do either Computer Science or Accounting at A-Level to prepare you for University. The only problem is they may be hard to self-teach.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
English Language.

But be aware, self-teaching/home-study of an A level demands a great deal of personal commitment and determination. It isn't 'easy'. You'll have no-one to pick you up on your errors - or set you deadlines you can't skip. You might find spending money on a distance-learning set-up worth it.
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mjhmichael18)
Computer Science as an A-Level maybe good to self teach. Accounting is available at my college is an A-Level. There are not many colleges and schools that do it though. You could do Maths as well as you have got a high enough grade to do it. Most college and schools do do it. Maths may be the best A-Level of the four to self-teach. It will probably compromise both Computer Science and Accounting. What does LLW stand for? It may be good to consider that as an A-Level to self-teach or at a college if anywhere near you does it.
Can you get back to me on this post please Kieran181819 or Kieran181819
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you are still 19, you can still do an A level at a local college ..... just one example : http://www.cityofbristol.ac.uk/more-...ers-16-19-yrs/
Last edited by returnmigrant; 1 year ago
Kieran181819
Rep:
?
Yes I’m 18, I think I have to pay 100£ on exam entry fees just for an A level. The local collage is very weird it’s like you can do 1 A level for 1000£ or two A levels in one year for 200£ as it is deemed to be full time education and is funded by the government lol. And yea Micheal I think maths is probably the best option. Return I’ll be doing it at the nearest a level college approx 25 min train away 😀
(Original post by returnmigrant)
If you are under 19, you can still do an A level at a local college ..... just one example : http://www.cityofbristol.ac.uk/more-...ers-16-19-yrs/
Kieran181819
Rep:
?
I think I’ll do A level maths and geography (again at the college) try and repeat a few modules and boost it up to an A grade and save myself money. I think I’m entitled to free travel as-well if I’m full time. The workload should just average out at 3A2s
(Original post by Kieran181819)
Yes I’m 18, I think I have to pay 100£ on exam entry fees just for an A level. The local collage is very weird it’s like you can do 1 A level for 1000£ or two A levels in one year for 200£ as it is deemed to be full time education and is funded by the government lol. And yea Micheal I think maths is probably the best option. Return I’ll be doing it at the nearest a level college approx 25 min train away 😀
;
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.49%
I'm not sure (11)
2.99%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (127)
34.51%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.63%
I'm not a current university student (167)
45.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed