The Student Room Group

how hard is computer science in British universities?

I hear a lot about how it has a high drop out rate in American universities and how you will have no free time and it's hard to keep up with the work, is it true for british universities?
Reply 1
Original post by Yez2004
I hear a lot about how it has a high drop out rate in American universities and how you will have no free time and it's hard to keep up with the work, is it true for british universities?

@Blue_Cow FYI
Original post by Yez2004

Depends which university you go to.

A lot of universities/courses in the UK call their degree 'Computer Science', when in reality, they're closer to IT/ICT etc. with very, very little theoretical computational/mathematical modules. You'll have a lot more free time with degrees like that, and you'll probably enjoy it more.

However, if you choose to attend a more traditional university which offers a proper (imo) Computer Science course, with plenty of mathematics and computational modules, then chances are you won't have that much free time, and the dropout rate will reflect this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending