The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Open Day - Saturday 6th July

Hi :smile:

I have booked a place to visit Liverpool Hope on Saturday 6th July,

Do you know how long each Department talk takes? Also I have never been to an open day, what can I expect and do I need to take anything with me?

I am hoping to speak to teachers or current students to make up my mind about which subject to firm and which to put as my insurance, will there be a chance to do that?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Abi75

Do you know how long each Department talk takes? Also I have never been to an open day, what can I expect and do I need to take anything with me?

I am hoping to speak to teachers or current students to make up my mind about which subject to firm and which to put as my insurance, will there be a chance to do that?

Thanks!

Liverpool Hope will provide information booklets, prospectuses etc. on the day though you can usually view those things on their website in advance. University open days are designed for you to explore the campus and get a feel of the university, course, lectures and meet current and prospective students. You also get a chance to view accommodation if I live elsewhere. I would bring a pen and maybe a bag for some food.

Regarding the latter question, there should be a chance to do that usually at university open days and definitely ask as many questions as you can to make an informed choice. :smile:
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,

That's great, thank you very much for your reply!

I will have a think of a few questions to ask by next week :smile:

Thanks for your help.
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Liverpool Hope will provide information booklets, prospectuses etc. on the day though you can usually view those things on their website in advance. University open days are designed for you to explore the campus and get a feel of the university, course, lectures and meet current and prospective students. You also get a chance to view accommodation if I live elsewhere. I would bring a pen and maybe a bag for some food.

Regarding the latter question, there should be a chance to do that usually at university open days and definitely ask as many questions as you can to make an informed choice. :smile:
Hey @Abi75, :smile:

We are looking forward to meeting you on the 6th!

As @CoffeeAndPoliticscs said, Open Days at universities are a great opportunity to explore the campus and accommodation, attend taster sessions and just get a feel for the university.

The departmental talks/subject talks roughly take one hour. You can expect from Hope's Open Day subject talks, a subject fair whereby our academics are available all day for you to pick their brains, campus and accommodation tours, finance and well-being talks, free ice-cream and some hot food available.

I hope this helps!

Oh and bring your sunnies too (hopefully) :crossedf:

Ashley
Original post by Abi75

Thanks!
Reply 4
Hi Ashley,That sounds great, thank you very much for the information!Fingers crossed the weather is nice! :smile: Thanks,Abi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending