Orthodontics Watch

username4852642
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Has anyone had braces through the NHS and gotten braces again privately? Could anyone tell me about the cost, if you get referred to another orthodontist and just how it works?
KiwiBanana22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
My daughter had top and bottom braces privately. She had them on for about 18 months and it cost £2200. This was in the north of England.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
[QUOTE=KiwiBanana22;84181380]My daughter had top and bottom braces privately. She had them on for about 18 months and it cost £2200. This was in the north of England.[/
(Original post by KiwiBanana22)
My daughter had top and bottom braces privately. She had them on for about 18 months and it cost £2200. This was in the north of England.
We’re her teeth extremely bad or average if you don’t mind me asking? It’s just cos I need braces and I’m trying to estimate the cost of mine. Btw during the 18 months did you have to pay for anything extra eg appointments or tightening of the braces or accessories such as elastics or the braces wax? Or was it a one off payment
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
My bad idk why your reply also came up in mine ^^
KiwiBanana22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It was all included, even the retainers that had to be worn after. We have since had to pay for new retainers because they are a bit flimsy and don't last forever. Her teeth were a bit crowded on the bottom and not a lot wrong on the top. She is proud of her teeth and really looks after them so I think across a lifetime it's a great investment.
(Original post by Anonymous)
(Original post by KiwiBanana22)
My daughter had top and bottom braces privately. She had them on for about 18 months and it cost £2200. This was in the north of England.[/

We’re her teeth extremely bad or average if you don’t mind me asking? It’s just cos I need braces and I’m trying to estimate the cost of mine. Btw during the 18 months did you have to pay for anything extra eg appointments or tightening of the braces or accessories such as elastics or the braces wax? Or was it a one off payment
DrTSR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by LU1512)
Has anyone had braces through the NHS and gotten braces again privately? Could anyone tell me about the cost, if you get referred to another orthodontist and just how it works?
Hi, I'm a Dentist.

Private orthodontics is as simple as looking for a dental practice that offers orthodontics privately.
You can just book an appointment with your regular dentist, and tell him/her that you would like private orthodontic treatment and then they would refer you to a Dentist or Orthodontist who provides orthodontic treatment privately.

The cost can vary, but you are looking at around 2-4k
username4852642
Rep:
?
Coz my bottom teeth arent completely straight. I'm still going to the orthodontist and have retainers and when I get discharged, I'm thinking of going private to straighten my bottom teeth
username4852642
Rep:
?
Do patients go private after having NHS treatment? If they feel they teeth aren't straight or because of not wearing retainers.
(Original post by DrTSR)
Hi, I'm a Dentist.

Private orthodontics is as simple as looking for a dental practice that offers orthodontics privately.
You can just book an appointment with your regular dentist, and tell him/her that you would like private orthodontic treatment and then they would refer you to a Dentist or Orthodontist who provides orthodontic treatment privately.

The cost can vary, but you are looking at around 2-4k
DrTSR
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Do patients go private after having NHS treatment? If they feel they teeth aren't straight or because of not wearing retainers.
There is a criteria for qualifying for NHS orthodontic treatment.

Generally speaking, if you are over 18 then you will have to pay privately.
If you are under 18, then an assessment will be carried out to see if you qualify.

Chances are, if you've already had orthodontic treatment it's unlikely that your occlusion/aesthetics will be bad enough for you to qualify again.
Katrinaxoxo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I’m looking into getting braces again privately, did you get yours ?? If so how much they cost
DrTSR
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Katrinaxoxo)
Hi I’m looking into getting braces again privately, did you get yours ?? If so how much they cost
A couple grand on average
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (132)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (201)
27.24%
Not great so far... (266)
36.04%
I want to drop out! (139)
18.83%

Watched Threads