LittleX
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

I have a kind of problem. I am trying to transfer credits to a brick university (from Open University). After getting all the information from the open university (that took ages...) some of them told me to apply directly via UCAS and UPLOAD references and all the other documents (I already emailed them everything) there.

How do I upload any document to my UCAS application? I already have references from the Open University.

Also, I have been told by Northumbria University to apply by tomorrow, but others told me to apply by the end of September, so if I will apply tomorrow, will I still be able to apply somewhere else?

Thank you very much!!!
LittleX
Rep:
?
Anybody? I really have no idea how to attach any document to my application and I think I've seen all how to UCAS videos.

I don't know if I should just leave it and contact Uni about that or leave it for clearing or I don't know. It's not just referenced, I thought they will need to upload my transcript as well. :bawling:
mr_carrot
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LittleX)
Anybody? I really have no idea how to attach any document to my application and I think I've seen all how to UCAS videos.

I don't know if I should just leave it and contact Uni about that or leave it for clearing or I don't know. It's not just referenced, I thought they will need to upload my transcript as well. :bawling:
You can't upload documents to your UCAS application.

For the reference, you need to enter the details of your referee at the Open University. UCAS will send an automatic e-mail to them, with a link where they can submit the reference. In regards to your transcript, you enter all the details on the Education section. See this post for guidance: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...9#post40298338 In short, you enter your modules under Other (UK Qualifications) with the Open University as the centre. Then, enter the module title/code with the grade into the relevant boxes. Qualification date is when you sat/completed the module.

Hope this helps
LittleX
Rep:
?
thank you very much. It's just I emailed to brick universities to ask them if I would be able to transfer credits, they said they would have to see my references, grades and transcripts to see if it would be possible, so I requested all the information from the OU and I managed to get them (it took almost two months) some of the UK universities told me I would be considered for a direct entry into year two if I apply directly thru the UCAS and upload the documents there (that's what they wrote me), but now I would have to request references again and wait unless I will get them I won't be able to apply?

So it means there is not much I can do and I won't be able to apply today, right?

Thank you.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In an absolute worst case you can submit the application without a reference, (there’s an option which says “I’ve agreed with the university that a reference is not required”), HOWEVER it’s a risk because the Uni is not obliged to contact you later to ask for one. IE. They could reject your application if they’re feeling particularly harsh.

If this was earlier in the year, they would likely just email you to ask for one, but we’re getting quite late in the cycle for them to wait for additional info.

It depends how much you want to get an application to NU. Thyre likely to be in Clearing though.
LittleX
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
In an absolute worst case you can submit the application without a reference, (there’s an option which says “I’ve agreed with the university that a reference is not required”), HOWEVER it’s a risk because the Uni is not obliged to contact you later to ask for one. IE. They could reject your application if they’re feeling particularly harsh.

If this was earlier in the year, they would likely just email you to ask for one, but we’re getting quite late in the cycle for them to wait for additional info.

It depends how much you want to get an application to NU. Thyre likely to be in Clearing though.
I noticed there was this about not providing references. I thought that the process will be slightly different if you are not fresher but transferring credits into year two...

so let's say that I will submit my application today and I will have only NU there (because only NU wrote me that the deadline is today while others said the end of September is okay but they advise me to apply before that) and NU won't accept me for some reason. Would I still be able to apply somewhere else?

I read if I will apply today, I should get offers by the 11th of Jul and I will have a week to accept it or reject it before I could apply thru clearing. Is it true?

Thank you.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, if NU do not accept you for any reason, you’ll automatically enter into Clearing if you’re not holding offers by a certain date.
LittleX
Rep:
?
you are the best, thank you so much! So is there something I can lose if I try to apply today and I emailed them about the references just to make sure?

I guess the only problem could be hoping I could get a better offer thru clearing, not get it and I would have to accept the worse offer because I already rejected NU, right? Would you do it today or would you wait?
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would probably submit it without and call them the next day and email a copy, (presuming I had one). The risk is that they a) reject you for no ref and b) won’t consider you in clearing fir the same course. There’s a risk waiting for clearing too though, so only you can decide.
LittleX
Rep:
?
thanks again. I tried to apply to NU and 4 other my best option uni and emailed all of them a copy of my references, grades, tutor comments, etc. (the one I already emailed them when I wondering if I could transfer my credits...) so let's hope for the best...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (41)
15.89%
I'm not sure (8)
3.1%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (93)
36.05%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.55%
I'm not a current university student (112)
43.41%

Watched Threads