username3760364
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
hey, so i am transgender male to female and just want to ask a few questions. this applies mostly to teenage girls between around 14-18.

So I'm just wanting to know general do's and dont's when it comes to fashion, such as what to wear with what and what should be avoided etc. such as jeans with certain types of footwear and tops which would all look good together. link to online sites if you wish. (I am not too keen on dresses)

Secondly, where do you girls buy your clothes from, and where would you say the cheapest place is?

Thanks in advance.
A.shaquile
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I watch bestdressed on youtube. Start with her closet essentials video. Go through instagram profiles of fashion influencers and or celebrities and see what you like. Check out thrift stores and I heard that forever 21 is really cheap in the west so if that's where you're from..
Hope I helped
SparklesH
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
primark is cheap and they have some pretty good stuff
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Idk much about fashion, haha. Shop from Primark, H&M, next, uniqlo. Burshka, etc. Anywhere
√-1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
i dont think I'll be much help because I dress like a bit of. tomboy but I go H&M most of the time but I buy proper stuff like shoes and bags from Vans
username3760364
Rep:
?
Appreciate it. Thanks.
(Original post by A.shaquile)
I watch bestdressed on youtube. Start with her closet essentials video. Go through instagram profiles of fashion influencers and or celebrities and see what you like. Check out thrift stores and I heard that forever 21 is really cheap in the west so if that's where you're from..
Hope I helped
username3760364
Rep:
?
(Original post by SparklesH)
primark is cheap and they have some pretty good stuff
Yeah. I've been looking around. Quite cheap. However I'm at the beginning of everything, and don't look anything like a female - and people my age can be really judgemental and horrible - of any age actually. Any ideas of how to go about this and still feel comfortable?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Charity shops
heyitsmika
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hope I helped
I love “bestdressed”! I used to have zero style but now I just copy her and I look super fashionable haha

I get my stuff from H&M but mostly I buy second hand using depop or just second hand stores. It’s better for the environment and you can find really cool stuff there
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Random2556)
hey, so i am transgender male to female and just want to ask a few questions. this applies mostly to teenage girls between around 14-18.

So I'm just wanting to know general do's and dont's when it comes to fashion, such as what to wear with what and what should be avoided etc. such as jeans with certain types of footwear and tops which would all look good together. link to online sites if you wish. (I am not too keen on dresses)

Secondly, where do you girls buy your clothes from, and where would you say the cheapest place is?

Thanks in advance.
I get most of my clothes from primark, h&m and charity shops. I'm not particularly into fashion so stick with very plain clothes, the occasional patterns and check shirts. You mention you aren't comfortable with dresses but maybe for summer you can try maxi skirts as they go with a lot of different tops.
Last edited by claireestelle; 9 months ago
username3760364
Rep:
?
Great. Appreciate it. Thank you.
(Original post by samiontheroad)
I love “bestdressed”! I used to have zero style but now I just copy her and I look super fashionable haha

I get my stuff from H&M but mostly I buy second hand using depop or just second hand stores. It’s better for the environment and you can find really cool stuff there
Great.
A.shaquile
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

Went to H&M this week, there's quite a lot of fashionable stuff but really expensive in the east so yeah. How should one buy nice clothes since there's really *****y stuff in the sales, no thrift stores and really expensive stores!? Ugh!!
username3760364
Rep:
?
I Feel you haha.
Went to H&M this week, there's quite a lot of fashionable stuff but really expensive in the east so yeah. How should one buy nice clothes since there's really *****y stuff in the sales, no thrift stores and really expensive stores!? Ugh!!
A.shaquile
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Random2556)
I Feel you haha.
Where are you from?
username3760364
Rep:
?
England
Where are you from?
heyitsmika
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Oh haha im from Germany and here it’s apparently different. I get really cool clothes off depop for cheap (try out the app!) and H&M isn’t too expensive either. But like I said, I mostly buy second hand.

But it’s also important to not buy clothes too cheap and not buy too many, because then you’re supporting really bad work conditions
username3760364
Rep:
?
Been on the depop app alot today. Some promising stuff
Oh haha im from Germany and here it’s apparently different. I get really cool clothes off depop for cheap (try out the app!) and H&M isn’t too expensive either. But like I said, I mostly buy second hand.

But it’s also important to not buy clothes too cheap and not buy too many, because then you’re supporting really bad work conditions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads