The Student Room Group

I should get over him right?

I’m 18, he’s 19, we were best friends for 5 years, started going out 3 years ago,

He cheated (got nudes) from people online, ditched me, lied, acted like I was crazy, didn’t admit to cheating until a few months ago when I had the proof, made tinder and used it whilst going out with me, doesn’t compliment, never given gifts unless it was to get me back, broke up with me, gave me a hard time when I moved on to someone else, tried to get me back, did, once he got me back, didn’t keep his promises of treating me better..

Oh and also he has a fake girl Instagram account where he follows 300+ hot girls on it
Blocked me off insta
Says he can’t unblock because of poor internet even though he’s a genius with computer stuff
Hacked into everything of mine, social media, internet history, even my notes

But I still somehow can’t inagine not being with him? But I’m miserable with him apart from sometimes when he’s good, where it’s amazing
But now I’m also miserable without him

I found out about his girl insta when we were exclusive then he stopped things with me because I was ‘too much’ for questioning it and not giving him his privacy about it?

But then now he’s also saying, he doesn’t want stuff with us now, but does still want me
But doesn’t want anything now.

I don’t know what to do, or I would if I was on the outside, but literally feel stuck and would appreciate anything
Girl..... you should RUN as fast as possible away from that guy!!

Look right off the bat he has lost all respect for you (if he ever had respect). This is a game some narcissistic people plan the I want to possess you so I'm really nice at the beginning to reel you in - then I can relax and be my regular a$$ self where the world is all about me and if you have a problem with what I want to do then you are the one with the problem. But if you leave I'll play head games with you to win you back (and to be in control of the situation) but I'll never stay charming. I'm only charming when it serves ME.

Sooooo many girls have been through this same scenario and with the same result. You keep trying and continue to think things will change...... but they don't change. Most girls are lucky in that they finally get fed up and realize the relationship is toxic and finally move on.... but that is after they've been belittled and cheated on and have been made to feel that they were the problem. These guys are master charmers but only when it can get them what they want... it's not about pleasing his gf. The unlucky girls stick it out and may even get married but that is just more years of cheating, belittling and disrespecting. Is this the way you envision your future? He's not going to change..... he may act sweet again..... but it will only be temporary and it will be to keep you around so he can eventually start dissing you again.

Read back what you've written here. Would you want this to be happening to your little sister, your younger cousin, your best friend? I'm sure your answer is NO!! Please break it off with this guy. You really don't have an happiness in a future with him. This will be very disruptive to you life. If he's not going to respect you (and he's not) then, PLEASE, love yourself, show yourself respect break it off FOREVER with that guy!! Be the one he let 'get away'. You deserve better than the way you are being treated!! Please love and respect yourself and end this mentally abusive/toxic relationship now! There ARE nice guys out there who WON"T treat you this way. Let this bad bf go.... forever!
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 18, he’s 19, we were best friends for 5 years, started going out 3 years ago,

He cheated (got nudes) from people online, ditched me, lied, acted like I was crazy, didn’t admit to cheating until a few months ago when I had the proof, made tinder and used it whilst going out with me, doesn’t compliment, never given gifts unless it was to get me back, broke up with me, gave me a hard time when I moved on to someone else, tried to get me back, did, once he got me back, didn’t keep his promises of treating me better..

Oh and also he has a fake girl Instagram account where he follows 300+ hot girls on it
Blocked me off insta
Says he can’t unblock because of poor internet even though he’s a genius with computer stuff

But I still somehow can’t inagine not being with him? But I’m miserable with him apart from sometimes when he’s good, where it’s amazing

I found out about his girl insta when we were exclusive then he stopped things with me because I was ‘too much’ for questioning it and not giving him his privacy about it?

But then now he’s also saying, he doesn’t want stuff with us now, but does still want me

I don’t know what to do, or I would if I was on the outside, but literally feel stuck and would appreciate anything

Cut him off he's taking you for a ride
Original post by Anonymous

Blocked me off insta

He's playing mind games and sounds deeply narcissistic. You said you're not happy with him or without him but the thing is.....being miserable without him is temporary, you can pick yourself back up and have a functional relationship with someone else. Being miserable with him would be more permanent and the good times at the beginning, they will never come back for long now he has reeled you in.
Reply 4
Thank you so so much. This helped a lot, I’ll try to not be reeled in the next time he’s sweet.
Original post by Hopefully1
Girl..... you should RUN as fast as possible away from that guy!!

Look right off the bat he has lost all respect for you (if he ever had respect). This is a game some narcissistic people plan the I want to possess you so I'm really nice at the beginning to reel you in - then I can relax and be my regular a$$ self where the world is all about me and if you have a problem with what I want to do then you are the one with the problem. But if you leave I'll play head games with you to win you back (and to be in control of the situation) but I'll never stay charming. I'm only charming when it serves ME.

Sooooo many girls have been through this same scenario and with the same result. You keep trying and continue to think things will change...... but they don't change. Most girls are lucky in that they finally get fed up and realize the relationship is toxic and finally move on.... but that is after they've been belittled and cheated on and have been made to feel that they were the problem. These guys are master charmers but only when it can get them what they want... it's not about pleasing his gf. The unlucky girls stick it out and may even get married but that is just more years of cheating, belittling and disrespecting. Is this the way you envision your future? He's not going to change..... he may act sweet again..... but it will only be temporary and it will be to keep you around so he can eventually start dissing you again.

Read back what you've written here. Would you want this to be happening to your little sister, your younger cousin, your best friend? I'm sure your answer is NO!! Please break it off with this guy. You really don't have an happiness in a future with him. This will be very disruptive to you life. If he's not going to respect you (and he's not) then, PLEASE, love yourself, show yourself respect break it off FOREVER with that guy!! Be the one he let 'get away'. You deserve better than the way you are being treated!! Please love and respect yourself and end this mentally abusive/toxic relationship now! There ARE nice guys out there who WON"T treat you this way. Let this bad bf go.... forever!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending