The Student Room Group

Contraceptive pill killed my sex drive and turned me asexual?

When I first went on the pill it made my sex drive incredibly high and I was suddenly into all sorts of weird obscure kinky ****. 3 years later, my sex drive is completely dead. I haven't felt the need to masturbate at all for the past 1-2 years. Not only that, but I'm not even attracted to men sexually anymore. I like how they look, but it isn't sexual attraction anymore. I see them the same way I see a pretty girl or a flower. Has being on the pill for so long (3 years) turned me asexual?
What makes you think it's the pill, if you were fine for the first year or two? People take the pill for decades - 3 years is not a long time.
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
What makes you think it's the pill, if you were fine for the first year or two? People take the pill for decades - 3 years is not a long time.

It’s the only thing I do that would affect my hormones. And it has drastically affected my sex drive in the past (it made it incredibly high when I first started taking it).
Original post by Anonymous
It’s the only thing I do that would affect my hormones. And it has drastically affected my sex drive in the past (it made it incredibly high when I first started taking it).

There are other contraceptives you can use if the pill isn't working for you.
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
There are other contraceptives you can use if the pill isn't working for you.

I don't take it for the contraception, I was prescribed it because of my cystic acne which it has almost completely cleared. I can't go off it because my acne will return.
Reduced libido is a recognised side effect with the pill, although I've never heard of it initially increasing things. Unless it was the initial feeling of sexual liberation and freedom from condoms?

There are a heap of other things that affect sex drive. You are 3 years older (but don't give your age). Are you fit and healthy? Things ok in your head (not depressed/stressed/tired)? If you've not got a boyfriend then that can affect things (more sex you have generally the more you want).

In 3 years you could have grown out of your acne. There are other options that can still help with your skin and protect you from pregnancy.

Quick Reply

Latest