Why does Britain ally itself with the US if the US is a terrible country? Watch

Palmyra
Badges: 20
Report 2 weeks ago
The EU is too weak to stand up to the US.
Mark227
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
THEN POST THE LINKS TO QUORA.to back up what you say.

The moderators must be asleep not to have removed you.
I will find some but for now, read Alexty28's answer. Are you going to tell me Alexty28 is stupid just because she doesn't conform to your belief?

And they didn't ban me because there is nothing wrong with what I said! Don't you have freedom of speech in Britain?
Mark227
Rep:
?
(Original post by Palmyra)
The EU is too weak to stand up to the US.
Were France and Britain too weak to stand up against Germany?
Mark227
Rep:
?
(Original post by BonsaiColony)
the US got rich became a superpower after European countries fought against each other.
Why did European nations stop Germany? Germany was powerful too.
Mark227
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alexty28)
The "west" is just America and its puppets.
Then why don't you break free, this is the question that I'm asking!? And don't give me the whole "they are too powerful" speech.

You can break free! Iran is free, North Korea is free, Russia is free; what's stopping the UK especially when it is more powerful than those three?
Mark227
Rep:
?
What a load of bollox and untruths. Europe does not consist of American puppets.
Since you asked me for proof on my other response why don't you bring one that disproves what Alexty28 said instead of insulting her response?
Alexty28
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What a load of bollox and untruths. Europe does not consist of American puppets. Utter nonsense.
Look at Germany now compared to 100 years ago! It has literally become a liberal paradise that has been shaped by America. TNC's dominate Europe and Europe is becoming more Americanized everyday. I mean why the **** do we still have US military bases in Europe? Americanization continues to ruin Europe, as we just become a bland consumerist wasteland like their country.
XOR_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We would probably be a less moral country if we didn't ally ourselves with the US (due to the money loss).
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
Look at Germany now compared to 100 years ago! It has literally become a liberal paradise that has been shaped by America. TNC's dominate Europe and Europe is becoming more Americanized everyday. I mean why the **** do we still have US military bases in Europe? Americanization continues to ruin Europe, as we just become a bland consumerist wasteland like their country.
You really are a nasty piece of work.
The countries of Europe have free democratically elected governments.
We have much fewer military bases, but they are there as part of the NATO commitment that has helped to maintain secuirty and keep peace since the end of WW2. Bit ironic as the phone or computer you use, the software you use and the internet owe a lot to America and without it you wouldnt be able to spout your utter bollox as well as manage to insult every country in Europe. IF you dont like consumerism then go nd live in a country where it doesnt exist. You wont be missed. If you dont like living in a democracy go and live in a country which is not one. What a hypocrite you are. You can start with N Korea see how you like it.
999tigger
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh the irony. You hate the US so much, but you want to go there. Hypocrite.

Really considering taking a semester abroad in the US in my second year at Uni. And the options are to good US colleges too, places such as UPenn, Columbia, UCLA ect. However I wanted to ask questions on the social life/student living in the US compared to UK. And what is it like being a British student in America?

If anyone help that be great!
Alexty28
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You really are a nasty piece of work.
We have much fewer military bases, but they are there as part of the NATO commitment that has helped to maintain secuirty and keep peace since the end of WW2. Bit ironic as the phone or computer you use, the software you use and the internet owe a lot to America and without it you wouldnt be able to spout your utter bollox as well as manage to insult every country in Europe. IF you dont like consumerism then go nd live in a country where it doesnt exist. You wont be missed. If you dont like living in a democracy go and live in a country which is not one. What a hypocrite you are. You can start with N Korea see how you like it.
You make a lot of assumptions.
1) I don't hate the US, many aspects of the country I admire, but I'd rather Britain became more independent culturally from the US. And you can still have a dislike for the consumerist culture that has spawned out of the states but still have admiration for their history and achievements. I guess I was harsh in my words about the US, I get worked up sometimes lol.
2) Never insulted any European nation. Europe is still rich with culture, amazing people and great nations. However you would be an idiot to not see the mass Americanization of Europe that has taken place.
3) I mostly use phones and laptops developed out the far east. Internet and TV supplied by a British company. Barely anything I actually own has come out of the United States.
4) I'd rather stay put in Britain with my own people. Europe had democracy before WW2, but our politics has been greatly influenced by the US, and anyone can see that.
Oh the irony. You hate the US so much, but you want to go there. Hypocrite.
Yeah I've changed my mind, have no intention on going there anymore. You know people can have a change in opinion?
999tigger
Report 2 weeks ago
You make a lot of assumptions.
1) I don't hate the US, many aspects of the country I admire, but I'd rather Britain became more independent culturally from the US. And you can still have a dislike for the consumerist culture that has spawned out of the states but still have admiration for their history and achievements. I guess I was harsh in my words about the US, I get worked up sometimes lol.
2) Never insulted any European nation. Europe is still rich with culture, amazing people and great nations. However you would be an idiot to not see the mass Americanization of Europe that has taken place.
3) I mostly use phones and laptops developed out the far east. Internet and TV supplied by a British company. Barely anything I actually own has come out of the United States.
4) I'd rather stay put in Britain with my own people. Europe had democracy before WW2, but our politics has been greatly influenced by the US, and anyone can see that.

Yeah I've changed my mind, have no intention on going there anymore. You know people can have a change in opinion?
I think calling them all puppets of the US is a pretty big insult.

Where do you think google, android, ios came from? You happily use their technology, which makes you a hypocrite on the consumerist front.

Please consider going to another country that is non consumerist and isnt a puppet. Russia, N Korea would be good choices.
Alexty28
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Where do you think google, android, ios came from? You happily use their technology, which makes you a hypocrite on the consumerist front.

Please consider going to another country that is non consumerist and isnt a puppet. Russia, N Korea would be good choices.
It's not an insult to acknowledged the shifting geopolitical positions across the globe, the United States is a hegemonic power in a unipolar world get over it. Britain arguably has more soft power than the United States, but economically and militarily, we have become insignificant because of the governments attitude, "let everyone else do it for us."

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. I think our government should encourage the development of British corporations, like what Russia and China has done. What is so wrong in having pride in the nation I live in?

The fact that you rely on pathetic insults is actually boring to read. "Go to Russian and North Korea then blah blah blah." You ****ing idiot, my entire argument is to try promote Britain and Europe to be more independent. I mean if you love America so much, please consider going over there blah blah blah.
Last edited by Alexty28; 2 weeks ago
Mark227
Rep:
?
I mean why the **** do we still have US military bases in Europe? Americanization continues to ruin Europe,
That's what I'm saying and that's what I don't understand! Even when the US was going to invade Iraq, Europe still wouldn't kick out the US! What is wrong with you Europe?

I know that majority of Europeans think like you Alexty28 but I don't understand why you still haven't done anything.
Mark227
Rep:
?
my entire argument is to try promote Britain and Europe to be more independent.
Britain and Europe will never be independent for as long as the US still exists in its soil and sadly, Europeans just don't want to do anything about it and would rather just complain about as if that's going to do anything.
Mark227
Rep:
?
That's right, which makes me wonder why Europeans still want to remained allied with what I thought is a terrorist nation; not my words, Europeans words.

Europe, as Alexty28 said, don't you want to be independent again? Don't you want to be the ones calling the shots?
Mark227
Rep:
?
But they are puppets! They want to break free, they just don't have the courage to do it!
Mark227
Rep:
?
I'd rather Britain became more independent culturally from the US.

Start by banning Hollywood movies or any movies that come from the US. TV shows too, not allowed. Fast food, burn them all down. There are many things that you need to do! I disagree with 999tigger in everything except for one thing, Europeans need to stop being hypocrites! They need to stop being afraid and man up! Europeans, did you forget that once upon a time you ruled the world?

And good idea, you never know when another school shooting might take place.
Last edited by Mark227; 2 weeks ago
Mark227
Rep:
?
Britain stop being cowards for crying out loud. What is wrong with you people? Didn't you ruled a quarter of the Earth back then? Weren't you the ones calling the shots way back before? What has happened to you now? Why allow yourselves to remain as puppets? Is it much easier that way?
999tigger
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mark227)
But they are puppets! They want to break free, they just don't have the courage to do it!
No they arent they are independent democartically elected governments.

Both of you can talk to each other you both have distorted and false views about the world. You are just a liar and alexty a hypocrite,, so wear that badge with pride.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (144)
61.28%
No (91)
38.72%

Watched Threads