The Student Room Group

Funding

I've previously studied 2 years with Open University but have only gained 30 credits as I didn't complete the 2nd year.

I was looking to switch to a full time course at a traditional university but I've been advised that as I have already have 2 years of PT funding I would only be eligible for 2 more years, despite the FT course being 3 years.

However, I've seen articles online stating that PT study isn't taken in to account when calculating FT study funding.

Please help
Original post by Melissa88
I've previously studied 2 years with Open University but have only gained 30 credits as I didn't complete the 2nd year.

I was looking to switch to a full time course at a traditional university but I've been advised that as I have already have 2 years of PT funding I would only be eligible for 2 more years, despite the FT course being 3 years.

However, I've seen articles online stating that PT study isn't taken in to account when calculating FT study funding.

Please help

Your part time study isn’t counted because you haven’t been awarded a qualification.
Original post by Melissa88

Please help

Hi Melissa,

As PQ stated, your part time study will not be taken into account if you decide to study a full time course as long as you did not gain a qualification.

If you are looking to apply for the 19/20 academic year, applications are open. You can apply online here.

Thanks, Ferne

Quick Reply

Latest