liaente
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Dear kind people who are reading this,
I'm starting my sixth form this September and I've never really understood metres, the stresses, the rhythms and so on. Could someone be so kind as to either provide me a website which explains it very, very clearly or could you guys tell me what you need to know about poetry in A-Level? It'd be very helpful and also the kind of q's you get and any exemplar essays for the poems? I want to be super prepared. I don't want to be behind not knowing these things. Thanks guys!
Last edited by liaente; 3 months ago
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i suppose the way you look at poetry will vary between exam boards?? we haven't started poetry yet in english lit but most exam board websites will have exemplar essays publicly available- i know that aqa do and i'm pretty sure they've got some which discuss poetry and prose.
kind of questions will depend on the exam board. for example, i'm on aqa spec b and we do tragedy and crime- we're only studying one poetry text which is crime and all the other texts are prose. we have the option in the crime paper of either doing a 25 marker on the poem, or discussing it alongside another text as a 25 marker. you likely will be doing poetry as part of your coursework.
i'm sorry if this wasn't helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (100)
68.49%
No I haven't decided yet (27)
18.49%
Yes but I might change my mind (19)
13.01%

Watched Threads