Alayna1234
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
So I wasn’t considering QM at first but m ucat score is more suited to them but the thing is I’m resitting a levles this year because I did awful due to extenuating circumstances and QM does accept resit applications with extenuating circumstances, however it says a form should be sent my 1st of September? Which is long gone by now :/

What do I do ?
Advertisement
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Alayna1234)
So I wasn’t considering QM at first but m ucat score is more suited to them but the thing is I’m resitting a levles this year because I did awful due to extenuating circumstances and QM does accept resit applications with extenuating circumstances, however it says a form should be sent my 1st of September? Which is long gone by now :/

What do I do ?
Have you tried emailing them and asking?

Worst case scenario - you'll have to apply somewhere else or wait until next year to apply to QMUL.
Alayna1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Have you tried emailing them and asking?

Worst case scenario - you'll have to apply somewhere else or wait until next year to apply to QMUL.
No let me try to call them
Advertisement
amazon_prince
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Does anyone know how they would stratify degree classifications as they say on their website? Since degrees can't be converted into UCAS tariff points etc.?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by amazon_prince)
Does anyone know how they would stratify degree classifications as they say on their website? Since degrees can't be converted into UCAS tariff points etc.?
No. I don't believe they have ever disclosed this, but do know they rate a First much higher than a 2:1
Advertisement
Anna191817
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I got 12A* 3A* predictions, ucat 2530 band 1. Is this enough to secure an interview?
oparu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Do barts look at GCSE or is it only ucas tariff and ucat? GANFYD
Advertisement
muskaan16arora
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by acromo123)
First year medic at Barts. Drop me a message or so if you have any helps!
Hey what were your admission stats
davidthomasjnr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Krunker482)
Can some help me figure out if I have the minimum gcse requirements for medicine at Queen Mary? I emailed them to see what they think but they haven't relied yet. I really wonna go to queen mary but need to meet the minimum entry requirements for gcses to have a chance at getting an offer. I've just finished a levels and have been predicted 3 a stars and assuming I get those grades and I get a good ucat score, it would all be pointless if I don't meet the minimum gcse requirements. I have reasons for my gcses bein soo low and I was told by my school that all I would have to do is just inform the uni of these circumstances but when I called queen mary they said they are unlikely to look at the circumstances involving gcses. But still I have a 7 in maths, 7 in English lit, 6 in English lang, a in computer science, B in core science, A in additional science, c in further additional science, c in geography, d in textiles and b in hpq. In terms of individual grades I got all as in all sciences in additional science, B in chem n physics for core science and c in bio for core science, and d in bio of further additional science and b in chem of further additional science and c in physics of further additional science. I didn't get grades for the individual sciences. Would my core and addional science(dual science) be enough?
You have 6 GCSEs from A-B, and you have 4 As (2x7s and 2xAs). You also included the subjects they asked for. Why are you worried?
Advertisement
davidthomasjnr
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anna191817)
I got 12A* 3A* predictions, ucat 2530 band 1. Is this enough to secure an interview?
Apply to King's and then maybe, yes. Post on the megathread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5622970 and someone will be able to help you.
Anna191817
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by davidthomasjnr)
Apply to King's and then maybe, yes. Post on the megathread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5622970 and someone will be able to help you.
What? Why kings?
Advertisement
secret_fire
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What? Why kings?
i dont think queen mary ranks based on gcse's so your 12 A*'s wont really help, whereas for kings there is a slight chance your amazing gcse's can make up for you UCAT!
educationn.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You have 6 GCSEs from A-B, and you have 4 As (2x7s and 2xAs). You also included the subjects they asked for. Why are you worried?
I’m also worried, I achieved a 7 in chemistry, a 6 in physics but a 5 in biology, would it be worth applying with the correct a levels
Advertisement
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by oparu)
Do barts look at GCSE or is it only ucas tariff and ucat? GANFYD
You must meet GCSE minimum requirements, but for ranking those that do, they only use UCAS tariff and UCAT
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by educationn.)
I’m also worried, I achieved a 7 in chemistry, a 6 in physics but a 5 in biology, would it be worth applying with the correct a levels
Barts GCSE requirements are:
"777666 or AAABBB
Must include
Biology or Human Biology
Chemistry
English Language
Mathematics or Additional Mathematics or Statistics
Science (Double Award) may substitute any individual science."

So no point worrying but you do not make their minimum requirements unless you resit Biology (and you would need to check if Barts were OK with this as they do not accept A level resits)
davidthomasjnr
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by secret_fire)
i dont think queen mary ranks based on gcse's so your 12 A*'s wont really help, whereas for kings there is a slight chance your amazing gcse's can make up for you UCAT!
That's correct. I would also suggest OP takes the BMAT and applies to Oxford if they aren't already, as they take GCSEs into account alongside the BMAT and predicted A-level grades.
Last edited by davidthomasjnr; 1 month ago
Anna191817
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That's correct. I would also suggest OP takes the BMAT and applies to Oxford they aren't already, as they take GCSEs into account alongside the BMAT and predicted A-level grades.
I’ve messed up the bmat. It’s too late. Haven’t done maths or physics since gcse and with so little time left to revise, I’ll never make it
Advertisement
davidthomasjnr
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’ve messed up the bmat. It’s too late. Haven’t done maths or physics since gcse and with so little time left to revise, I’ll never make it
I think that's okay! Even with lower scores, your GCSEs would help you out, as Oxford looks at the whole of your application (similarly to King's). Just do your best at this given time, and I'm sure it will be enough to get you an interview.
du634
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
UCAS tariff: 212
UCAT Score: 2830 Band 3
GCSEs: 9999988877A*

Would I be likely to receive an interview at Queen Mary's?
Also, does QMUL give out interviews in priority order or just in a random order?
krups2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Ucas :236
Ucat 650
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads