The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aislynnnn
I have to agree with that, fingers crossed for both our applications ! ;A;

🀞🀞🀞🀞 I know I've been rejected from Birmingham at this point (and probably Nottingham), and I've already been rejected from SGUL (making that a highly probable 3/4) so I really want QMUL to pull through now and give me some hope that all of the hard work hasn't gone in vain. Good luck to you too!
Original post by sayyarab
I hope so thank you. Did you receive offer from Birmingham or other universities?

No worries. I've received offers from Dundee and Birmingham which were my top unis, got some deciding to do now.
Original post by A_J_B
It took others apparently 5 to 7 days for most people, but that doesn't seem to be the case for us:frown:

When I had my offer back in January it took 2 days short of the 4 weeks stated lol. I rang Admissions who said they get given a long spread sheet to work through along with everything else. I asked if it was alphabetical and they said they believed it was. As my surname begins with R I assumed this was why it was taking so long. It could however just be based on your score compared to others so where it sits. Still feels like an age but it will update I assure you.
Reply 1563
Original post by Thomsontwins
When I had my offer back in January it took 2 days short of the 4 weeks stated lol. I rang Admissions who said they get given a long spread sheet to work through along with everything else. I asked if it was alphabetical and they said they believed it was. As my surname begins with R I assumed this was why it was taking so long. It could however just be based on your score compared to others so where it sits. Still feels like an age but it will update I assure you.

My surname starts with an A and still waiting. :s-smilie:
Original post by kktrian
That's brilliant! I've got no uk offers atm haha, so you're doing alot better than some of us. At the end of the day wherever you study you'll still come out with a Medical degree. Best of luck to you

are you international?
Original post by desperateintl
are you international?

No I'm a uk home student but I also applied to the University of Nicosia in Cyprus and got an offer.
Original post by Thomsontwins

If this is the case there's more waiting for me : ( Mine starts with a Y (Even if it hits a first name basis my first name starts with an X ;A )
Original post by SOFRanger
No worries. I've received offers from Dundee and Birmingham which were my top unis, got some deciding to do now.

Congrats
If they were so certain about rejections wouldn’t they have sent them already? And don’t unis wait to see how many ppl put them as insurance first and that anyway. Lool maybe I’m jus grasping at straws still
anyone know why they’ve brought down the entry requirements from A*AA to AAA?
Reply 1570
Original post by ursbhhdb

From talking to many students, including some who are med students at Birmingham, they said most people were being let in with AAA anyway since most people weren’t getting the A*.
Original post by ursbhhdb

I think many students in the previous year avoided applying to Birmingham or making it as their firm choice because they were worried that they could not achieve the A* . So the university had to invite and getting offers to most of the applicants. This year they reduce the requirements to AAA, so they received a huge number of applications and that is why they have to reject many of good applicants because they have a limited place and they did not expect this huge number of applications after reduction of the grades to AAA
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m so confused bc at the Birmingham interview the lady told us that we would get our offers/rejections in March and when I spoke to a first year medic at bham she also received her offer on the 6th of March so??
Reply 1573
Original post by maryam_mariii
I’m so confused bc at the Birmingham interview the lady told us that we would get our offers/rejections in March and when I spoke to a first year medic at bham she also received her offer on the 6th of March so??

On the offer emails they sent, they said, without me quoting since they said don’t copy the email anywhere, that they were able to analyse the interview score data more quickly than expected and that these are their final decisions.
Original post by Sh_A
On the offer emails they sent, they said, without me quoting since they said don’t copy the email anywhere, that they were able to analyse the interview score data more quickly than expected and that these are their final decisions.

Didn't they said during the interview that we can expect to hear by March or something along the lines?
Reply 1575
Original post by Aislynnnn
Didn't they said during the interview that we can expect to hear by March or something along the lines?

Yes, that’s what they said at the interview.
Hey guys
I've got offers from my top 2 choices.
Seeing as bham aren't sending out more offers, should I just withdraw my application if they're going to reject me anyways?
Original post by Medwizard
Hey guys
Seeing as bham aren't sending out more offers, should I just withdraw my application if they're going to reject me anyways?

If ur definite u won’t firm/insure them if u somehow did get an offer then u may aswell. They will probably offer you an alternative course tho instead
Original post by Medwizard
Hey guys

What are their top universities?
Original post by sayyarab
What are their top universities?

KCL a100
ARU a100

Latest