ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago

Welcome to the BSMS A100 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate/index.aspx

For entry requirements click: https://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate...uirements.aspx

BSMS A100 2020 Offer Holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6316142

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 5 days ago
Yashchou
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
what cut off on the point system mentioned by medical schools website will offer interview? what would be the BMAT cut off please for 2020 entry?thanks in advance!
Abzy2002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Anyone else applying to BSMS?
mass63
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
for BSMS last year cut off total score 16.1.
Medhopeful2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Abzy2002)
Anyone else applying to BSMS?
Yeah it's my top choice!!!
Abzy2002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Medhopeful2020)
Yeah it's my top choice!!!
Cool! It's my second after leeds. I'm dreading the BMAT but i'm a contextual applicant so I've heard that I need less points. Have you created the studentcentral account with them yet?
mass63
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Cool! It's my second after leeds. I'm dreading the BMAT but i'm a contextual applicant so I've heard that I need less points. Have you created the studentcentral account with them yet?
Hi
What do think the minimum BMAT score for contextual applicants to secure an interview?
Medhopeful2020
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Nice! I’m also applying for Leeds and yh I’ve created the student central account. For contextual applicants the cut off is much lower so you shouldn’t worry about the BMAT too much.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Nice! I’m also applying for Leeds and yh I’ve created the student central account. For contextual applicants the cut off is much lower so you shouldn’t worry about the BMAT too much.
Last year, everyone who was a contextual applicant was offered an interview before BMAT results came out.
Medhopeful2020
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 548)
Last year, everyone who was a contextual applicant was offered an interview before BMAT results came out.
Ahh yes, I remember seeing that in the last year's forum
Krunker482
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 548)
so wait, what time of the month was that roughly in?
Last edited by Krunker482; 3 months ago
Medhopeful2020
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Krunker482)
November, I believe
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Going as far as page 3 in the previous years thread can reveal the information:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5595388&page=3

12-11-2018
Krunker482
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
November, I believe
(Original post by 548)
Going as far as page 3 in the previous years thread can reveal the information:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5595388&page=3

12-11-2018
oh **** then, so I'll know if i got an interview or not in a 2 weeks or so. I already got my bmat scores and am a contextual student, but my anxiety is so high that i can't help but think that something will go wrong and I would have to wait another year for medicine
Last edited by Krunker482; 3 months ago
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
oh **** then, so I'll know if i got an interview or not in a 2 weeks or so. I already got my bmat scores and am a contextual student, but my anxiety is so high that i can't help but think that something will go wrong and I would have to wait another year for medicine
Not necessarily. Last year was the first and only year that this happened to BSMS afaik. You may still have to wait till after the October results are out so everyone can be compared.
I wouldn't worry if you were not to get in this year though. Many applicants apply more than once for various reasons. Another year free is another year to be able to gain more experience and do some things you worry that you won't be able to do once in med school.
Krunker482
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 548)
Not necessarily. Last year was the first and only year that this happened to BSMS afaik. You may still have to wait till after the October results are out so everyone can be compared.
I wouldn't worry if you were not to get in this year though. Many applicants apply more than once for various reasons. Another year free is another year to be able to gain more experience and do some things you worry that you won't be able to do once in med school.
thnx! hopefully things go smoothly... also do you know if they favor students who do the interview early over students who do the interview later? is there any advantage to doing the interview earlier?
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
thnx! hopefully things go smoothly... also do you know if they favor students who do the interview early over students who do the interview later? is there any advantage to doing the interview earlier?
At all medical universities, as far as I'm aware, there is no favour or advantage to when students decide to do their interviews. Everyone should be scored fairly
Krunker482
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 548)
At all medical universities, as far as I'm aware, there is no favour or advantage to when students decide to do their interviews. Everyone should be scored fairly
alright thnx
xyz445
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
did u get a confirmation email from bsms?
Krunker482
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by xyz445)
did u get a confirmation email from bsms?
Wdum by confirmation email?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (5)
20.83%
My career doesn't need one (3)
12.5%