Abzy2002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The deadline to submit contextual information has passed but I received no confirmation. Is this normal?
Krunker482
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Abzy2002)
The deadline to submit contextual information has passed but I received no confirmation. Is this normal?
Well I only received an email saying that they have received the evidence and will make sure that the papers are attached to my application and taken into account, but that's it.
Abzy2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Krunker482)
Well I only received an email saying that they have received the evidence and will make sure that the papers are attached to my application and taken into account, but that's it.
Which email did you send it to?
Krunker482
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
[email protected]
Attached files
xyz445
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Wdum by confirmation email?
i got emails back from all other unis i applied to saying that they hve received my application, but not from bsms
Abzy2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by xyz445)
i got emails back from all other unis i applied to saying that they hve received my application, but not from bsms
Check your junk mail
Last edited by Abzy2002; 3 months ago
Abzy2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That's odd because I sent my contextual information on the 28th and they still havent got back to me. How long did they take to respond?
Krunker482
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That's odd because I sent my contextual information on the 28th and they still havent got back to me. How long did they take to respond?
a day or two
Bmd28
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello everyone!
I’m a current first year at BSMS.
Let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help with.

Good luck everyone !
Abzy2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi there!

I actually do have a few questions if you don't mind answering.
1) How expensive is brighton to live in? Roughly how much do you spend a week living there including student accomodation?

2) Is Brighton culturally diverse?

3) How good are the teachers and Brighton uni in general at supporting you if you have any problems?

4) Any interview tips?
HRx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi there!

I actually do have a few questions if you don't mind answering.
1) How expensive is brighton to live in? Roughly how much do you spend a week living there including student accomodation?

2) Is Brighton culturally diverse?

3) How good are the teachers and Brighton uni in general at supporting you if you have any problems?

4) Any interview tips?
Wasn’t directed at me but I can answer number 4 as I’ve done the interview but I deferred for 2020 entry, so I’m not there yet. I found the interview quite relaxed, without saying anything specifically about questions - I would say be yourself and don’t let the way the interviewer acts put you off. Take a minute to think before answering, or just to calm yourself, and think about your answer clearly. Even if you’re not sure about your answer, say it with confidence. Best of luck!
mass63
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi All

I see from TSR many students did badly in section 2 of BMAT ( This including my daughter who applied to BSMS). I am just wondering what you think the BMAT cut-off this year will be for BSMS. If I am not mistaken it was 16.1 last year. Do you think it will go down substantially ?
Also for applicants with WP flag is the BMAT cut off the same?
Krunker482
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by mass63)
Hi All

I see from TSR many students did badly in section 2 of BMAT ( This including my daughter who applied to BSMS). I am just wondering what you think the BMAT cut-off this year will be for BSMS. If I am not mistaken it was 16.1 last year. Do you think it will go down substantially ?
Also for applicants with WP flag is the BMAT cut off the same?
No its wayyyy lower, I am a student with WP flag and every year everyone with a WP flag (I think that means contextual student) got an interview. People got interviews with 1.0,1.0, 2C so u have nothing to worry about as even if randomly guess all the questions from section 1 and 2 and try a little in section 3 u will get an interview. If there aren't too many people with WP flags this year ie there isnt more than 30% then your daughter could pretty much sleep in the exam and get an interview
Last edited by Krunker482; 3 months ago
Krunker482
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Ofcourse I'm not saying that's right
Abzy2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No its wayyyy lower, I am a student with WP flag and every year everyone with a WP flag (I think that means contextual student) got an interview. People got interviews with 1.0,1.0, 2C so u have nothing to worry about as even if randomly guess all the questions from section 1 and 2 and try a little in section 3 u will get an interview. If there aren't too many people with WP flags this year ie there isnt more than 30% then your daughter could pretty much sleep in the exam and get an interview
I did get a confirmation that they've received my contextual evidence. However, how will we know when it gets approved? Have they given you an email saying that your contextual evidence is good enough or just a confirmation of receipt?
Krunker482
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I did get a confirmation that they've received my contextual evidence. However, how will we know when it gets approved? Have they given you an email saying that your contextual evidence is good enough or just a confirmation of receipt?
Yh I only got an email by Jamie (the guy on the phone) saying that it's gud and he will make sure that it is attached to my profile and so on. But i didn't get a confirmation saying they have taken it into account right now or any recent updates, I was always worried that they something might go wrong. I suppose there isn't much we can do at this point since they can't really confirm it as well, u just have to have your fingers crossed and hope it goes well. The more contextual data points you have the lower the chance of something going wrong.
Futuremedic01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Did anyone else get an offer for interview and if yes anyone doing it on the 17th 11.30-16.30
X1PRINCE
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Futuremedic01)
Did anyone else get an offer for interview and if yes anyone doing it on the 17th 11.30-16.30
Are you a contextual candidate?
Abzy2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Futuremedic01)
I put mine for the 18th, in the morning session
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by X1PRINCE)
Are you a contextual candidate?
Given that BMAT results are not out until the 22nd, I think it would be safe to assume so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (431)
67.77%
No (205)
32.23%

Watched Threads