Cdsz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Any BMAT August with interviews? And if so, what was your BMAT score?
medic.1621
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
If you did august bmat are you more likely to get an earlier interview???
Medhopeful2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
From what I can guess, the early invites are mostly for WP students as well as graduates who sat the BMAT in October. Once they have all the BMAT results they can invite the non-WP students who are above this year's BMAT cut-off.
Last edited by Medhopeful2020; 3 months ago
Cdsz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Medhopeful2020)
From what I can guess, the early invites are mostly for WP students as well as graduates who sat the BMAT in October. Once they have all the BMAT results they can invite the non-WP students who are above this year's BMAT cut-off.
No, apparently unis already have our BMAT because some non WP BMAT October have got offers along with some non wp BMAT August
myra17
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Krunker482)
Well I only received an email saying that they have received the evidence and will make sure that the papers are attached to my application and taken into account, but that's it.
Same. I feel interviews are purely based on bmat scores 😢
s12er
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
any international students who heard back from BSMS.
evg737
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Cdsz)
Any BMAT August with interviews? And if so, what was your BMAT score?
Yes BMAT 6.1/4.9/3.5A
s12er
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by evg737)
Yes BMAT 6.1/4.9/3.5A
wow, good job on BMAT.
Medhopeful2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Got an email today from BSMS saying they hadn’t received my BMAT scores. Was so scared 😭😭😭😭
evg737
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by s12er)
wow, good job on BMAT.
thanks dude
myra17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by s12er)
any international students who heard back from BSMS.
Do you know bmat cutoff for international ! I don’t think I am getting an interview 😔
s12er
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by myra17)
Do you know bmat cutoff for international ! I don’t think I am getting an interview 😔
International students don't need to write any entrance exams for BSMS, they assess based on your academics and PS. So don't worry too much.
myra17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by s12er)
International students don't need to write any entrance exams for BSMS, they assess based on your academics and PS. So don't worry too much.
This year they put bmat for international students too. Did the tutor told you about not writing bmat recently ?
s12er
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
This year they put bmat for international students too. Did the tutor told you about not writing bmat recently ?
I found it on the website and various other sources.
NamjoonMedic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
the cut of for previous years has ranged between 15-17 out of 28, wonder what it will be this year
myra17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by s12er)
I found it on the website and various other sources.
Ah so not anymore. I did bmat for nothing. The tutor told me they require bmat for this year
2500_2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Ah so not anymore. I did bmat for nothing. The tutor told me they require bmat for this year
https://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate/applying-to-bsms/admissions-process.aspx

scroll down to international students. You do need BMAT.
Because they only have 10 places it's impossible to guess the cutoffs - will depend entirely on the cohort applying
Last edited by 2500_2; 2 months ago
2500_2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
For anyone struggling to remember, BSMS rank for interview on BMAT score:
(your score in section 1)+(your score in section 2)+(your number score in section 3)+(your letter score expressed as a number where A=5)
Last year, 16.1 was the cutoff for invitation to interview
This way of scoring means that section 3 has slightly more weight than the first two.

BSMS try to reserve about 30% of their interview spaces for contextual applicants. It appears that this year most contextual applicants that meet their minimum entry requirements have been given interviews.

BSMS only have 10 international places, it's therefore almost impossible to guess the requirements in advance.
myra17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 2500_2)
For anyone struggling to remember, BSMS rank for interview on BMAT score:
(your score in section 1)+(your score in section 2)+(your number score in section 3)+(your letter score expressed as a number where A=5)
Last year, 16.1 was the cutoff for invitation to interview
This way of scoring means that section 3 has slightly more weight than the first two.

BSMS try to reserve about 30% of their interview spaces for contextual applicants. It appears that this year most contextual applicants that meet their minimum entry requirements have been given interviews.

BSMS only have 10 international places, it's therefore almost impossible to guess the requirements in advance.
So if someone 2.5 A in section what score is that ?
2500_2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
So if someone 2.5 A in section what score is that ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (431)
67.77%
No (205)
32.23%

Watched Threads