The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Purple
I dont find it difficult as such or boring, I just find it weird tbh I dont really know how to explain it, the whole topic seems to be "We do this now because we done it in the EEA because it resulted in reproductive success but there is no research to support this or the research that supposedly supports this doesn't actually apply to a real life situtation" It seems far too basic and I can never write that much about it, certainly not enough for 24 marks or even close.

I think I will be going for pro and anti social behaviour instead for the January exam, I should have stuck with it instead of changing (i self teach)

well there's buss (37 culture questionnaire) and dunbar (matching hypothesis) for todays question

i think it's relatively simple when you get into the habit of thinking about it in that particular way, my teacher was really enthusiastic about it and good at explaining it so i got it
Reply 81
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME!!
you know the question before the sex differences investment one? the one saying 'individual differences and cultural.. refer to one or more marriage/divorce/parenthood'

could you write about parental investment and trivers and evaluate and still get points? this is really important please answer
cherrylux
you know the question before the sex differences investment one? the one saying 'individual differences and cultural.. refer to one or more marriage/divorce/parenthood'

could you write about parental investment and trivers and evaluate and still get points? this is really important please answer

i haven't done the unit so not sure
but i assume so; gender differences = subcultural differences
Reply 83
blair001
I HATED personality. Social learning in personality development and all I could remember was Freud!!!! I could not remember a single thing except Bandura's name!!! I have failed that question, does this mean i've failed the entire subject?!

you know thats actually wierd because i needed Bandura for the social learning theory for the evaluation I could not remember it. oh well :biggrin:
Reply 84
cherrylux

Did you not read my post? I don't know if you were allowed to write about that (although it doesn't seem like that's the right thing to have written), but just get them to change the question number...read my other post. And someone else's post where they said they rang up and got them to check that she'd answer the right question - so clearly they'd be allowed to check you paper & change the number.
Reply 85
Jules89
you know thats actually wierd because i needed Bandura for the social learning theory for the evaluation I could not remember it. oh well :biggrin:

How did you get an unconditional offer from durham but conditional from all the rest?
Reply 86
UNCONDITIONAL from Durham? Bloody hell, I'm jealous. That was my top choice but I was rejected, despite having the required grades.

I'm glad other people found the pro-social question to be just as grusome as I found. If only it was Anti-Social, that would have been at least a little bit better. Media in general is nasty I find.
Reply 87
pcok
Did you not read my post? I don't know if you were allowed to write about that (although it doesn't seem like that's the right thing to have written), but just get them to change the question number...read my other post. And someone else's post where they said they rang up and got them to check that she'd answer the right question - so clearly they'd be allowed to check you paper & change the number.

i rang up the school examnier and the papers have already been put in plastic seals and sent off! i rang up AQA and they said they cant talk about it directly to candidates, so i need my tutor to ring in.. thats the next step i geuss. so you dont think my answer can relate to the Q?
Maybe my school are just slow, but my exams officer said that's fine, i will go check for you, and asked me what questions I did. I assume i actually wrote the right ones in the first place because she hasn't rang back, but sounds like your school are being idiots to be honest, i mean they can always reseal the bags with cellotape because i'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been sent off so soon!?
Reply 89
I did questions:
2 - formation/maintenence of relationships
3 - media influence in pro- social behaviour [studies and explanations]
15- evolutionary explanations of parental investment [parent offsping conflict etc]
I thought the paper was good and the 3 questions i predicted were the ones tht came up! i was pleased... tho still underprepared, and i wrote no where near enough A02 for 15!!
i'm hoping for a B on this paper!

and everyone seems to have wanted anti-social media question but im bloooody glad it didnt come up cos i'd only learnt pro-social.. infact tht was my best question, i think i might have got an A on tht question!!! but C/B on other two!
how did everyone else find 2/3/15?
x
Reply 90
Yeah I very much doubt they've actually been sent yet..sealed maybe, but not sent. I'm sure someone can dosomething though, even if the school just attach a note with the bundle, or contact the exam board and they'll contact the examiner...I mean they could do something about it it's just a case of them bothering to do it for you. It's quite a big deal seeing as there's potentially 24 marks at stake there...which consequently puts you A Level grade at stake and your university offer....tell them this!! 10 mins extra hassle for them would be nothing compared to the worst possible scenario for you.

I honestly don't know whether you'd get marks or not as I haven't even looked at that topic...but I do know that unless they change it, essays not directly related to the question do not receive marks, so keep bugging them to sort it out!
Reply 91
singingstudent
LTA4?
now im slightly worried because i have no idea what that is...
PYA5 is next monday

LTA4 is the english Lit paper tht is tomorrow!!
I made predictions and two of the three questions came up but i'd revised formation anyhow. I was pretty pleased. I also did question 12 and 14 I was so thankful they came up.
Reply 93
amywalters
Maybe my school are just slow, but my exams officer said that's fine, i will go check for you, and asked me what questions I did. I assume i actually wrote the right ones in the first place because she hasn't rang back, but sounds like your school are being idiots to be honest, i mean they can always reseal the bags with cellotape because i'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been sent off so soon!?

:toofunny: They seal them so they know they haven't been tampered with in transit, if they have been sealed with sellotape they will think they have been tampered with.
fizzie90
I did questions:
2 - formation/maintenence of relationships
3 - media influence in pro- social behaviour [studies and explanations]
15- evolutionary explanations of parental investment [parent offsping conflict etc]
I thought the paper was good and the 3 questions i predicted were the ones tht came up! i was pleased... tho still underprepared, and i wrote no where near enough A02 for 15!!
i'm hoping for a B on this paper!

and everyone seems to have wanted anti-social media question but im bloooody glad it didnt come up cos i'd only learnt pro-social.. infact tht was my best question, i think i might have got an A on tht question!!! but C/B on other two!
how did everyone else find 2/3/15?
x

did the exact same questions!
i found 2 okay, shouldn't've done that bad
****ed up 3, didnt revise it at all, tried to blag it though (gave general ao2 points for a few marks, positive marking :wink:)
found 15 easy, used buss and dunbar as AO2 (research support) then evaluated them for more AO2

i imagine myself retaking next year, because i had no idea what to write for 3 :frown:
Reply 95
Purple
:toofunny: They seal them so they know they haven't been tampered with in transit, if they have been sealed with sellotape they will think they have been tampered with.

noooo:frown:
i mucked up formation and maintance talked about the right stuff but just for B) i said i was evaluating one theory but instead i evaluated another - does it matter?

the rest i found okay - not great.
but i got an E in jan cause the paper was so bad - definately think i got better than that this time so thats good!

Just gotta smack PYA5 now - but worried how to answer approaches as i have had no pscyhology teacher for 3 months
Reply 97
Laura25
It depends how well you've done so far, in unit 5 and the rest of the exam. I'm sure you haven't :hugs: I found it hard to remember about Bandura and Mischel too. Freud was the one I'd revised the most. Thankfully managed to write something though.

well I got a B for AS (almost an A) and then I for my coursework this year I also got a very high B. Hopefully I'll do well on synoptic and it'll be okay!
Reply 98
blair001
well I got a B for AS (almost an A) and then I for my coursework this year I also got a very high B. Hopefully I'll do well on synoptic and it'll be okay!

I'm sure you won't have failed then!
Reply 99
thanks xx :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending