The Student Room Group

Bristol A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vrm99
My daughter’s had her grades changed to AAA, she had an offer from Bristol but was rejected with ABB. Is she likely to get a place this year? She emailed them on results day and told them her CAG results and that she’d be appealing. But surely all places will have been offered by now - or there may be lots of students like her? Or will they make her defer?

Who knows. The whole situation is awful. Puts so much pressure on universities now. Many have tweeted. Liverpool suggestion they may offer for next year. Hope it all works out for your daughter.
Original post by Christbelle
Who knows. The whole situation is awful. Puts so much pressure on universities now. Many have tweeted. Liverpool suggestion they may offer for next year. Hope it all works out for your daughter.

Original post by vrm99
My daughter’s had her grades changed to AAA, she had an offer from Bristol but was rejected with ABB. Is she likely to get a place this year? She emailed them on results day and told them her CAG results and that she’d be appealing. But surely all places will have been offered by now - or there may be lots of students like her? Or will they make her defer?

Student numbers have been uncapped by government now so see what they say tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Original post by vrm99

Hi Vrm.

Bristol have said they will honour all offers made providing you met them with your CAGs, you need to get your daughter to call Bristol ASAP and explain her situation. However for high competition courses you may be asked to defer for next year.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2020/august/alevels-statement.html

Best of luck!
Bristol told her they are still sorting things out and she may have to defer. She’s desperate to go this year but I guess there’s nothing she can do
Original post by vrm99
Bristol told her they are still sorting things out and she may have to defer. She’s desperate to go this year but I guess there’s nothing she can do

Honestly, this could be a good year to defer given the limited way in which medicine courses will be delivered.
Original post by vrm99

Hey I have had my offer deferred for med too!
Has anyone heard from Bristol yet since the A Level u-turn? They said they would be emailing people today who met the entry criteria after the u-turn.
Original post by denaturedenzyme
Hey I have had my offer deferred for med too!

My daughters still waiting for outcome of appeal with the IB. However she has an offer with Bristol for medicine, and wondering if she will have to defer if her appeal is successful. Guess they are not giving you the choice?
My daughter’s also still waiting. It’s so frustrating
Original post by Duncan2507
My daughters still waiting for outcome of appeal with the IB. However she has an offer with Bristol for medicine, and wondering if she will have to defer if her appeal is successful. Guess they are not giving you the choice?

I actually deferred my entry in march due to some personal circumstances (I sat my exams last year and already have my grades), so I guess I can't really help with your daughters situation. I hope her appeal is successful!
Anyone got accomodation in New Bridewell?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending