THEallstar2111
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by TSU - Mod)
The Contextual offer for 2020 entry to Bristol's 5 year A100 is AAC/ABB. ABB is included as stated on their website/ admissions statement.
That's what I thought, cos it said on their website and when I called their admissions team, they said they would consider it.
Uzair63
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I did my ucat and got a 760 Band 2.
Is it smart to apply to Bristol considering I meet all the minimum requirements?
And do they take Bands of SJT into account?
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Uzair63)
I did my ucat and got a 760 Band 2.
Is it smart to apply to Bristol considering I meet all the minimum requirements?
And do they take Bands of SJT into account?
Yes and no
r_enkaiiii
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi everyone!! I’m an international student who’s currently interested in applying to bristol for medicine. I just like to ask how the interview process is like (is it solely held at bristol or do they travel elsewhere to hold interviews as welll) did my gce o levels and got all A’s for the 8 subjects i took. also i just finished my ucat and i would like to know if my score would be a competitive one going in because i wouldn’t want to waste the slot: 2820 and band 3 for sjt would really appreciate the help and if any med students could share their experiences studying in bristol as well!! :-)))
Last edited by r_enkaiiii; 4 months ago
Username4500
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I got a 4 in GCSE English and a 6 in Maths.
I’m applying to medicine at Bristol that requires a 7 in maths, I’m predicted AAA for my A-levels. Do I have a chance at getting an offer?
DGeorge13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Username4500)
I got a 4 in GCSE English and a 6 in Maths.
I’m applying to medicine at Bristol that requires a 7 in maths, I’m predicted AAA for my A-levels. Do I have a chance at getting an offer?
Minimum requirements are just that and sadly you would be automatically rejected- you could always retake and apply with a pending grade otherwise you may want to look elsewhere as it would be a waste
Username4500
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Do you know any medical school that accept low entry Requirements fo gcse?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Do you know any medical school that accept low entry Requirements fo gcse?
https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf
GuppyPower
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
hi, does anyone know what is the lowest UCAT score for international applicants for the 2019 entry cohort (who applied last year)?
vrm99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Do you think I have a chance - 680 sjt band 3, 888888766 at Gcse, predicted AAA? I really liked Bristol. Feels a gamble to apply when there’s been such high cut offs.
Shazam69
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Its absolutely worth applying. You have a strong set of GCSEs and a pretty good UKCAT score. Also, Bristol is okay with you having band 3 in SJT unlike a lot of Unis. Apply and then if you get an interview offer, study hard for it. Hope this helps!

Shayan
His student
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi All,
I sat A-levels which for reasons, went not so good. I was offered to Access to HE and Bristol says they will accept it as a way of re-sitting.
Anyone else in the same situation?
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’m so worried about putting this one on my application as I have UCAT 715 but just don’t know if it will be enough
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by vrm99)
Do you think I have a chance - 680 sjt band 3, 888888766 at Gcse, predicted AAA? I really liked Bristol. Feels a gamble to apply when there’s been such high cut offs.
With only 1 years UKCAT cut off to go on, I would say Bristol is a gamble. It may drop this year, with people with 660-700 too unsure to risk applying, meaning they have to go lower for their cut off, but there are still going to be plenty of people with 690+ UCATs to fill their places. They have always been a very popular medical school and that did not seem to change a lot with the move to just using UCAT to assess (in fact applicant numbers went up a bit, by the looks of it!)
Last edited by GANFYD; 5 months ago
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
I’m so worried about putting this one on my application as I have UCAT 715 but just don’t know if it will be enough
It is almost certainly going to be enough! I have never known the cut offs go over 700 except when the UKCAT averages all went up by 50 points, so it was still in the same place on the deciles
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Apply.

There really is no way to guess this one.
And if you don't apply, you'll always wonder what might have happened if only you had.
SxTagal
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey everyone

Just did my UCAT and these are my scores
UCAT: 2800 (700 average)
Predicted Alevel grades: A*A*AA
GCSEs: 9 A*s and 1 A

Work experience: 1 week in surgery ward, 1 week in neuro medicine/surgery and 4 weeks at pediatric clinic
Other things in my PS: winning science fair twice, international junior achievement award, duke of Edinburgh silver award, etc

Do you think I'm competitive enough? Really scared of the 2018 cutoffs

Thanks!
Lillibettie
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by SxTagal)
Hey everyone

Just did my UCAT and these are my scores
UCAT: 2800 (700 average)
Predicted Alevel grades: A*A*AA
GCSEs: 9 A*s and 1 A

Work experience: 1 week in surgery ward, 1 week in neuro medicine/surgery and 4 weeks at pediatric clinic
Other things in my PS: winning science fair twice, international junior achievement award, duke of Edinburgh silver award, etc

Do you think I'm competitive enough? Really scared of the 2018 cutoffs

Thanks!
hi, it sounds like you stand a good chance. i got an interview at bristol for 2019 entry with a 695 average and gsces of 5a* 5a predicted alevels AAAB
and your work experience will give you lots to talk about at interview!
Username4500
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Minimum requirements are just that and sadly you would be automatically rejected- you could always retake and apply with a pending grade otherwise you may want to look elsewhere as it would be a waste
I qualify for the lowered entry requirements. But I’m not sure if they could do it for the GCSEs instead of the A level?
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I qualify for the lowered entry requirements. But I’m not sure if they could do it for the GCSEs instead of the A level?
Probably not if it doesn’t say so. Do you qualify for the gateway year which may attract lower entry requirements? Maybe have a look in the small print
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (421)
67.47%
No (203)
32.53%

Watched Threads