HxshBrxwn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Don’t worry at least your college have sent applications
Only mine and another have been sent- still around 10 to be sent. Idk how they will all get done
HxshBrxwn
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Chickenhead11)
I got my first acknowledgement email from them the day after I applied
When did you send your ucas off?
DGeorge13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by HxshBrxwn)
Only mine and another have been sent- still around 10 to be sent. Idk how they will all get done
My application has been in for 16 working days
Chickenhead11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by HxshBrxwn)
When did you send your ucas off?
School sent it on Thursday
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you haven't had an acknowledgement email with 48 hours (or longer over a weekend) then just phone and they can just check that they have received your application.

PS. Check your spam folder regularly - auto-emails fro Unis sometimes get filtered into there. You don't want to miss that interview invitation!
not_XIX_forever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Don’t worry at least your college have sent applications
Mine still hasn’t either!!!
I’m stressing :////
HxshBrxwn
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
If you haven't had an acknowledgement email with 48 hours (or longer over a weekend) then just phone and they can just check that they have received your application.

PS. Check your spam folder regularly - auto-emails fro Unis sometimes get filtered into there. You don't want to miss that interview invitation!
It’s been 24 and nothing in my spam/junk so I’ll have to call tomorrow
D_P_R
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi,

I am eligble for a contextual offer at Bristol. Are the people who are elgible for contextual offers ranked by UCAT seperately from the standard offer applications? I heard last year they gave offers to people with a 590 UCAT which surprised me as now they are soley UCAT based since 2019. I attained a 630 average which isn't exactly great, do I still have a chance at Bristol?
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by D_P_R)
Hi,

I am eligble for a contextual offer at Bristol. Are the people who are elgible for contextual offers ranked by UCAT seperately from the standard offer applications? I heard last year they gave offers to people with a 590 UCAT which surprised me as now they are soley UCAT based since 2019. I attained a 630 average which isn't exactly great, do I still have a chance at Bristol?
I don’t know. Phone and ask but possibly not as UCAT doesn’t get so affected by socioeconomic factors
THEallstar2111
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by D_P_R)
Hi,

lool u sounds exactly like me? I needed to know this aswell. As im a gap year student with achieved grades of ABB . Im eligible for contextual offer in Bristol and I only got a ukcat of 630. I was wondering the same thing, if you call them, please let me know aswell. Thanks
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by D_P_R)
Are the people who are elgible for contextual offers ranked by UCAT seperately from the standard offer applications? I
No. Its exactly the same assessment process for all applicants, and you have to get through exactly the same requirements and interview process - the only difference is that contextual applicants made an offer get a lower grade offer. Socio-economic factors are not relevant; you either have the right attitude and behaviours for medicine or you don't, and that is what UCAT tests, not educational attainment.

As at all Unis, some applicants who are part of very specific widening participation schemes may be put through for interview automatically without regard for their UCAT score. This may be the lower scores you think you have heard about.

PS. Anyone with serious mitigating circumstances that might have impacted on their UCAT performance has to apply to UCAT itself for consideration - the Unis don't deal with this : https://www.ucat.ac.uk/ucat/test-day...circumstances/
Uzair63
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How long did it take everyone to get the confirmation email that Bristol had received their application
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Uzair63)
How long did it take everyone to get the confirmation email that Bristol had received their application
It can take a couple of days - especially if you apply over a weekend.
Check your spam/junk folder as auto-emails often get filtered out of your Inbox.
username4044438
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Uzair63)
my application sent monday and i got the confirmation email this morning
Username4500
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Do they do contextual offers for GCSEs if you had to take them along with A levels because I wasn’t in uk at the right time for GCSE so I had to take them this summer with my a levels and I had to prepare for it by myself and I got a 6.
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Username4500)
Do they do contextual offers for GCSEs if you had to take them along with A levels because I wasn’t in uk at the right time for GCSE so I had to take them this summer with my a levels and I had to prepare for it by myself and I got a 6.
They may possibly allow the lower GCSE grade to 'pass' (this is not the same as a contextual offer) - but if your are now applying with achieved grades, they will have expected you to retake that GCSE this year. See http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...circumstances/
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
With the application dashboard what supporting evidence do you have to put and is it mandatory as surely qualifications already go to Bristol?
wading0707
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Does anyone know if we have to add out UCAT IDs onto the Bristol Portal pages. Also if we do is the UCAT the one which goes like UKCATxxxxx (numbers)
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by wading0707)
Does anyone know if we have to add out UCAT IDs onto the Bristol Portal pages. Also if we do is the UCAT the one which goes like UKCATxxxxx (numbers)
That’s the one I added although slightly confused as Pearson said they would do it this year
HxshBrxwn
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That’s the one I added although slightly confused as Pearson said they would do it this year
I did the same as well- again I am confused as to why they needed this when Pearson said they would sort it out with UCAS
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (475)
66.71%
No (237)
33.29%

Watched Threads