The Student Room Group

Bristol A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DGeorge13
That’s the one I added although slightly confused as Pearson said they would do it this year

Yeah I was very perplexed. Did you add anything else through the portal
Original post by wading0707
Yeah I was very perplexed. Did you add anything else through the portal

Haven’t yet as I don’t know whether I need to
Haven’t yet as I don’t know whether I need to

Fair enough
What UCAT score does everyone have? I have a 715 B2

715 too - bit worried it’s a tad low though
I got 717.5 B1, hoping that will be enough for an interview this year, since my sister got 690 last year and got an interview then offer.
715 too - bit worried it’s a tad low though

Nah I highly doubt that the cut off will go above 700. We have a Top 7% score so only <3000 people have a better score than us. They aren’t all going to apply to Bristol. I genuinely wouldn’t worry.
Nah I highly doubt that the cut off will go above 700. We have a Top 7% score so only <3000 people have a better score than us. They aren’t all going to apply to Bristol. I genuinely wouldn’t worry.

I hope so
I hope so

Do you know how many were called to interview last year
Does anyone know if we have to add out UCAT IDs onto the Bristol Portal pages. Also if we do is the UCAT the one which goes like UKCATxxxxx (numbers)

What is Bristol Portal pages ?

The msc document says 12.2 applicants per place so ~ 3109.7 applicants and 3.3 applicants per interview so ~ 942.3 interviews a UCAT of our score puts us into the top 2100 roughly so technically not mathematically impossible for us not to get interviews- it is my riskiest application. I emailed a while back to try and find some facts out but the lady said they didn’t know how many offers were made and didn’t particularly allude to how many interviews they would do this year which was helpful
Original post by David Chan88

The applicant dashboard you get linked to once you have your confirmation email

725 B2 (95th percentile)
This was on Bristols Course page so i think most of you are probably safe with above 700!

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2020/medicine/mb-medicine/?_ga=2.17430457.1035769553.1570898570-1541503436.1570898570

UCAT
The combined score from all subtests, with the exception of Situational Judgement, will be used to select applicants for interview. For 2019 entry, applicants with a UCAT score of 2730 or above were invited to interview. However, the number used as a threshold for interview is subject to change year-on-year.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by lolahola
This was on Bristols Course page so i think most of you are safe with above 700!

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2020/medicine/mb-medicine/?_ga=2.17430457.1035769553.1570898570-1541503436.1570898570

UCAT
The combined score from all subtests, with the exception of Situational Judgement, will be used to select applicants for interview. For 2019 entry, applicants with a UCAT score of 2730 or above were invited to interview. However, the number used as a threshold for interview is subject to change year-on-year.

Probabilistically safe but not mathematically certainly if that makes sense

Approx. 1000.

I’ve got 730 b1
Original post by David Chan88

So when you apply. In the email thanking you there is a link to an applicants portal you can use
The msc document says 12.2 applicants per place so ~ 3109.7 applicants and 3.3 applicants per interview so ~ 942.3 interviews a UCAT of our score puts us into the top 2100 roughly so technically not mathematically impossible for us not to get interviews- it is my riskiest application. I emailed a while back to try and find some facts out but the lady said they didn’t know how many offers were made and didn’t particularly allude to how many interviews they would do this year which was helpful

Damn but I think we are all good . I mean realistically i don’t think they’ll set a cut off above 700 in fear of scaring away too many applicants
So when you apply. In the email thanking you there is a link to an applicants portal you can use

Yep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending