(Original post by Westy02)
Hi so they judging only on UCAT?
Yes it’ll be the first year they’ve done this for gateway
z2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I have a guaranteed interview for medicine, will they still be looking at my UCAT in interviews aswell?

EDIT: The guaranteed interview is in Bristol University, I am applying for Gateway Medicine.
Last edited by z2002; 4 months ago
Advertisement
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I got a guaranteed interview for Bristol gateway medicine will they still look at my UCAT in interviews?
Razza2000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
I have a guaranteed interview for medicine, will they still be looking at my UCAT in interviews aswell?
Depends on the university. I suspect they will use it after the interview if they need to decide between you and someone who scored equally for a place. What uni is it?
Advertisement
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
I got a guaranteed interview for Bristol gateway medicine will they still look at my UCAT in interviews?
No, its only your Interview score that will be looked at then - for all applicants who get to Interview stage.
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Razza2000)
Depends on the university. I suspect they will use it after the interview if they need to decide between you and someone who scored equally for a place. What uni is it?
Bristol University, I am applying for gateway medicine
Advertisement
wxgmak
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What ucat did you get?
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
This question has already been answered on the Bristol A108 thread - no more replies please.
Advertisement
Razza2000
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
Bristol University, I am applying for gateway medicine
yeah, I had a look at the website and it doesn't have much on it. I don't think you should worry too much about it if you already have an interview. They shouldn't really ask about it at interview. If the uni has guaranteed you an interview without any conditions then they can't retract that offer. I wouldn't be worried if your score is above or around average but that depends on the other applicants they receive. I would just focus on performing well at interview so you aren't put in a limbo state where they need to compare your UCAT with someone else. Depends if your score to be honest
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
This question has already been answered on the Bristol A108 thread - no more replies please.
Advertisement
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Why is this a nuisance to you? I have asked this question to see other people's opinions
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by wxgmak)
What ucat did you get?
I didn't have a great ucat :/, I had around 530 average and Band 2 in SJT, my verbal reasoning lowered it down
Advertisement
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yeah, I had a look at the website and it doesn't have much on it. I don't think you should worry too much about it if you already have an interview. They shouldn't really ask about it at interview. If the uni has guaranteed you an interview without any conditions then they can't retract that offer. I wouldn't be worried if your score is above or around average but that depends on the other applicants they receive. I would just focus on performing well at interview so you aren't put in a limbo state where they need to compare your UCAT with someone else. Depends if your score to be honest
Yeah, thank you , do you know the best way to prepare for an interview?
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The Admissions Statement for the Bristol Gateway course A108 has useful information that answers this question and many others. Follow the link at the bottom of the course page on the Bristol website : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...y-to-medicine/
Razza2000
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
Yeah, thank you , do you know the best way to prepare for an interview?
just practice tbh. get your friends or teachers or family to ask you a bunch of questions. check how they do interviews at Bristol like what types of questions they ask and think about what answers you can give. maybe see on here or on YouTube if anyone has done interviews at Bristol for your course or just medicine ones in general. in my experience, YouTube has lots of videos with tips and advice so check it out. if you r lucky there will be past interview questions on there too. just practice talking to someone about yourself in a strange room or new environment. good luck
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
The Admissions Statement for the Bristol Gateway course A108 has useful information that answers this question and many others. Follow the link at the bottom of the course page on the Bristol website : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...y-to-medicine/
I have looked at the website quite a lot and not have found anything useful, that's why I have asked this question.
Advertisement
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
just practice tbh. get your friends or teachers or family to ask you a bunch of questions. check how they do interviews at Bristol like what types of questions they ask and think about what answers you can give. maybe see on here or on YouTube if anyone has done interviews at Bristol for your course or just medicine ones in general. in my experience, YouTube has lots of videos with tips and advice so check it out. if you r lucky there will be past interview questions on there too. just practice talking to someone about yourself in a strange room or new environment. good luck
Ooo I shall, thank you so much!
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
I have looked at the website quite a lot and not have found anything useful, that's why I have asked this question.
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...iews/medicine/

And if you are a Bristol Scholar you will preparation help for interviews.
wxgmak
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
I didn't have a great ucat :/, I had around 530 average and Band 2 in SJT, my verbal reasoning lowered it down
My ucat wasn’t too great. Did you already get called for an interview? Or did you complete a summer school or something to get a guaranteed interview? Good luck! I wish you all the best !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads