The Student Room Group

Bristol A108 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wxgmak
My ucat wasn’t too great. Did you already get called for an interview? Or did you complete a summer school or something to get a guaranteed interview? Good luck! I wish you all the best :smile: !

No-one will get an actual interview invitation until UCAT scores are sent to Universities in November.
Bristol Scholars is a very selective, local, WP initiative at Bristol.
Reply 41
Original post by wxgmak
My ucat wasn’t too great. Did you already get called for an interview? Or did you complete a summer school or something to get a guaranteed interview? Good luck! I wish you all the best :smile: !

I completed a summer school, the programme is called "Insight into bristol" and for medicine you get a guaranteed interview :smile: so they'll just flag my application for an interview
Hey @returnmigrant you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about gateway to med for Bristol. I was wondering, when you said they only focus on the ucat does this include the SJT?
Original post by killuaXzoldyck
ucat does this include the SJT?

Bristol doesnt look at SJT for either the 5-year or the Gateway course.
Original post by returnmigrant
Bristol doesnt look at SJT for either the 5-year or the Gateway course.

Thanks. Could I ask why?
Reply 45
is it worth applying for A108 with 2470 Ucat ?
Original post by Westy02

This will be the first year that Gateway to Medicine at Bristol will be assessed in exactly the same way as the 5-year A100 course - ie. not reading PS and ranking for interview only on UCAT. Therefore there is no 'previous' year to go on.

Realistically, fewer people are in the mix for Gateway (because its a widening participation course with exact criteria) far fewer people are eligible to apply, and since they will all come from low-performing schools, its likely that the required UCAT score will be lower than for the 5-year course.

There is more info on admissions for the Gateway program in the Admissions Statement (look for the link at the very bottom of the relevant course page on the website - http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...y-to-medicine/).
Reply 47
How many places does this course have?
Original post by z2002

Its combined with the Gateway to Dentistry and Gateway to Vet courses and there are approx 35 places altogether, usually with about 20 for Medics.
Is it advantageous to upload anything to the Bristol Applicant Dashboard? Such as work experience?
Reply 50
how many applicants does this course usually get?
Original post by z2002

Hey, did you end up applying to bristol? what was your ucat score if you dont mind? :smile:
Original post by Westy02

Hey!
did you end up applying to bristol?:smile:
Original post by killuaXzoldyck
Hey All,

I'm looking to apply to Bristol to study medicine with a foundation year.

According to this link- https://www.ucat.ac.uk/media/1297/us...ult-160818.pdf
They place a 20% weighting on the UCAT, is this still case true for 2020 entry?

Also, does this mean if I did bad on my UCAT, my personal statement could make up for it?

Finally, does anyone know how many places are on this course?

I'm sorry if this is quite a lot but I have so many questions, its eating me alive lol.
Thanks for any help

Hey! did you end up applying? what was ur ucat score if you don't mind? :smile:
Would a ucat score of 2590 be any good for the A108 course at Bristol ?
Would applying to the A108 gateway medicine at Bristol with a ucat score of 2590 be realistic ? Since ucat is what they look for most ?
This will be the first year that Gateway to Medicine at Bristol will be assessed in exactly the same way as the 5-year A100 course - ie. not reading PS and ranking for interview only on UCAT scores.

Therefore there is no 'previous' year to go on and so the 'pass' UCAT score for Gateway this year is totally unknown.
Reply 57
Who has told you this returnmigrant ?
Original post by z2002
Who has told you this returnmigrant ?

Until very recently I was part of the Admissions team at Bristol.
Reply 59
I had a 2150 UCAT score with band 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending