eshakaur11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by callan_russell)
So I'm applying for Cambridge this October, and I will be taking the BMAT test. will I also need to do the Cambridge pre-interview exam? or is the BMAT sufficient for application?
I think you just sit the BMAT; that is the pre-interview exam basically
shum1614
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
who is applying to kings ???
sweetietweetie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by shum1614)
who is applying to kings ???
my current top ones are kings, peterhouse and homerton
shum1614
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by sweetietweetie)
my current top ones are kings, peterhouse and homerton
ooo okay !
Medman20
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
At GCSE I have 8A* (four 9, four 8), 1 A and 2 Bs +1A* from IGCSE. At A-level im predicted 3A* (bio,chem,maths) and my personal statement is quite strong with good work experience and stuff.
I need a straight up honest answer as I know vast majority of applicants for Cambridge medicine have absolutely perfect grades throughout (All A* at gcse and 4+ A-levels) , alongside other great achievements. Would appreciate complete honesty as I'm not sure what they consider and if students actually ever get in with anything less than perfect grades.
Holly jade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Definitely still a point, as long as u ace the entrance exam and are engaging, knowledgable, and passionate in the interview you have a fair chance - to better your application, you’ll need a good amount of extra medical related experience outside of school (and mentioning specific medical topics and books you really like in your personal statement and interview will make you seem actually interested and more unique)
Last edited by Holly jade; 6 months ago
J Riley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi,

I am considering applying to Cambridge to study medicine but I am still unsure about the amount of patient contact that you get in the pre-clinical years there. It does say that there is some but it's a bit vague to me.

Hopefully someone can help me out with some specific details.
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by J Riley)
Hi,

I am considering applying to Cambridge to study medicine but I am still unsure about the amount of patient contact that you get in the pre-clinical years there. It does say that there is some but it's a bit vague to me.

Hopefully someone can help me out with some specific details.
I spoke to a third year who said they saw 5 patients in the first 2 years
J Riley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Sososnake)
I spoke to a third year who said they saw 5 patients in the first 2 years
Okay great thanks. I was just wondering because there are some universities who have a set time each week to experience a clinical setting and I wasn't sure how much Cambridge did.
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by J Riley)
Okay great thanks. I was just wondering because there are some universities who have a set time each week to experience a clinical setting and I wasn't sure how much Cambridge did.
Cambridge is a traditional course. 2 years preclinical, 1 year intercalation, 3 years clinical
Ellamdavies73
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Does anyone have any applicants to offer statistics for Quays Trinity and St. John’s? Unsure which to apply for
davidthomasjnr
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by puravi)
well it's nowhere in the UCAS application so technically they don't know about it and u can't reapply if you're studying med in the UK which I'm not so it's fine
You need to declare that, otherwise they can reject you, even if you get offered a place and they find out later.
sweetietweetie
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ellamdavies73)
Does anyone have any applicants to offer statistics for Quays Trinity and St. John’s? Unsure which to apply for
check the freedom of information requests on what do they know!
Ellamdavies73
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
check the freedom of information requests on what do they know!
Where do I find them?
sweetietweetie
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ellamdavies73)
Where do I find them?
the website is called 'what do they know', then search what you want
MankyShoe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Especially queens- just got my bmat and it went Really Really well and I’m really thrilled. Wondering how much it’s used(hopefully lots lmaoo) is it likenmost ucat unis where it’s all interview and admissions tests are useless post interview- or is it considered alongside interview- I’m not sure how good id be at interview....
Ellamdavies73
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
the website is called 'what do they know', then search what you want
Thankyou !
sweetietweetie
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by MankyShoe)
Especially queens- just got my bmat and it went Really Really well and I’m really thrilled. Wondering how much it’s used(hopefully lots lmaoo) is it likenmost ucat unis where it’s all interview and admissions tests are useless post interview- or is it considered alongside interview- I’m not sure how good id be at interview....
well done on your score! do you mind sharing it at all? i think it slightly depends on the college, but it is used pre and post interview to assess your application as a whole (or at least that it what i have gathered)
sweetietweetie
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by MankyShoe)
8.4, 7.1 and 4A!!! lifes insane
PRSOM but omg well done bro!!!!!!! thats absolutely amazing! there's not one college you're not guaranteed an interview!

PLEASE can you give us some tips on how you went about achieving such score, what resources did you think are the best and when did you start prepping? how did you build on your intensity too?

omd well done again, so amazing you should be proud!
MankyShoe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
PRSOM but omg well done bro!!!!!!! thats absolutely amazing! there's not one college you're not guaranteed an interview!

PLEASE can you give us some tips on how you went about achieving such score, what resources did you think are the best and when did you start prepping? how did you build on your intensity too?

omd well done again, so amazing you should be proud!
awsies thank you im so happy w it!!! i worked crazy hard ngl to you. i did about four weeks solid work in the summer- i did all of 700 q(i think is the best resource) the first week, then i mucked abt on bmat ninja for a bit plus did the uni admissions book(i forget what its called, ultimate bmat guide i think?) i didnt do as many past papers as i would have liked to(not that it mattered ) i did a lot of them untimed bc for me timing wasnt a biiig problem esp paper 1( had abt ten minutes leftover- im just quick at exams i guess) but i wish id done a bit more timing on paper 2- i had to guess two maths q in that bc i ran out of time, (also get used to skipping maths q- they seem to be in there to waste time- on maths spend ten seconds, if the method isnt obvious just skip and come back/guess, otherwise you might get it but miss five easy marks later) my scores on practice papers went from 5.9 on my first go so like working really does help.the more questions you do the bettter i think. also for section 2 i literally downloaded the exam board guide for all subjects- even ones i did and revised all the pages- helps!
even if you cant bring yourself to practice paper, just do the q untimed, but try not to waste all the papers doing that ypu know, the more recent the paper the more useful t is also. are you doing october?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads