The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Any advice on preparing for Cardiff interview?
Interview set for January

Advice on MMI?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anyplace

Interview set for January

Advice on MMI?

Wow, congrats! Are you international then? Where from?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by varshb
Wow, congrats! Are you international then? Where from?

International from Hong Kong.

Relieved to have got an interview.
what GCSE points needed out of 27 for uk student to get an interview please?
Original post by Niki110502
For anyone worrying, I didn't get 27/27 but I still got an interview invite. I'm sure you'll get your invites soon!! :smile:

Hi would you mind sharing your stats please?
Original post by Yashchou
what GCSE points needed out of 27 for uk student to get an interview please?

Nobody knows that (except Cardiff admissions) at this stage.
Original post by GANFYD
Nobody knows that (except Cardiff admissions) at this stage.

Hi
I have just phoned them and they said, first they can not tell us the cut off score of GCSE and second there are more interview offers coming up this week.
Original post by mass63
Hi
I have just phoned them and they said, first they can not tell us the cut off score of GCSE and second there are more interview offers coming up this week.

Cardiff are incredibly secretive and give out as little information as possible about their selection and cut off, even after the cycle finishes
Reply 189
Haven’t got an offer yet kinda worried
Stats are
GCSE:9999998777
UCAT: 2560
A level predictions : A*,A*,A*
Original post by Samski10
Does anyone know if Cardiff give offers out solely on the interview score or do they take qualifications and personal statement into account too?

In previous years it has been based on interview score alone (with UCAT and/or PS for those tied on the cut off score, if needed)
Reply 191
Original post by mass63
Hi . what was your score then? are you international ? what you are other states? are you a gap year?

I'm a current year 13 UK student and I got 25/27.
Original post by Niki110502
I'm a current year 13 UK student and I got 25/27.

Hope you don’t mind me asking (and you don’t have to answer) but are you a contextual student? Also when did your reply arrive?
Original post by Bakaw1
Haven’t got an offer yet kinda worried
Stats are
GCSE:9999998777
UCAT: 2560
A level predictions : A*,A*,A*

You should be fine I got an interview offer last week and I had 9988887776 at GCSEs and my UCAT was 2500ish and A level predictions of A*AA with an EPQ. Just had lots of work experience. Good luck, you will be fine!
Reply 194
Original post by kira23s
You should be fine I got an interview offer last week and I had 9988887776 at GCSEs and my UCAT was 2500ish and A level predictions of A*AA with an EPQ. Just had lots of work experience. Good luck, you will be fine!

Thank you! Just don’t understand their reasoning on who gets an interview 😂 good luck with your interview!!
Reply 195
Hi. I've got an interview with Cardiff and just filling in the Fitness to Practice form. Does anyone know what to put for the Clearing House Number?

You have to put in only any one of your Cardiff applicant number, UCAS pid, and Clearing house number.
Reply 196
Does anyone know if Cardiff give offers out solely on the interview score or do they take qualifications and personal statement into account too?

The offer is solely on the interview alone. However if there is a case that they are at full capacity and need to choose who to offer they may look at ukcat again to compare hope that helps!
Anyone heard for an interview today???
hi . if you mean interview invites then you have to waite toward end of this week.
Reply 199
Original post by mass63
hi . if you mean interview invites then you have to waite toward end of this week.

Why towards the end of the week ?

Latest

Trending

Trending