The Student Room Group

Exeter A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Anyone else the 18th for interview day??
Original post by Ghaith Al N
Same, mine is on the 2nd at 11, what time is yours? Also, are you contextual/scholar and what are your predicted + ucat if you don't mind? Thanks!

same honestly so frustrating it's. just not fair to international students
Got an interview!!
Have any other mature/graduate GAMSAT people received interviews? I have one early next year.
Reply 184
Anyone got an interview on the 27th of January?
Has anyone here with 2A* and 1 A predictions received an interview with a UCAT score of less than 2800.
Mine’s at the end of February... excited and chuffed
Original post by Babs_010
Hi, are these predicted or achieved because I don’t get the difference between the two. What exactly is achieved? Do Exeter expect you to have finished some of your a levels by the first year?

Original post by TazChowders
mines at 9:30am 😭 and no I'm not a contextual or a scholar.
I'm predicted A* A A and got an overall avg. of 2720 in the UCAT and band 2 is SJ. One of my a level subjects is history which I think is appreciated by Exeter, and I talked a bit about being a young carer in my personal statement; which I think helped my chances of getting an interview a great deal

Oh good luck with that! Thanks for sharing stats! Mine are slightly similar but lower ucat and higher predictions. But I thought I would check if they are interview specific students first but it seems like they are not really.
It's honestly such a shame,,, they literally only selected international students with achieved a level equivalent ??? really regret applying to exeter
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bebop68
Have any other mature/graduate GAMSAT people received interviews? I have one early next year.

Congrats! I applied with gamsat too but haven't heard anything yet. If you don't mind me asking , what was your gamsat score ?
Original post by Bebop68
Have any other mature/graduate GAMSAT people received interviews?

Me!
Original post by metalmay
It's honestly such a shame,,, they literally only selected international students with achieved a level equivalent ??? really regret applying to exeter

yesssss. I am soooo done with life. don't know if I ever will get any invite.
Original post by UNGONDAL1

yeah idk like ik I have other option but still getting a rejection sucks man
Original post by UNGONDAL1

Stay positive
Original post by Galaxy girl
Me!

Well done! Do you mind me asking what your gamsat score was?
Original post by samvk
Hi melody

Thanks for your response. In Exeter How many hours of lectures, tutorials and workshop per week in A100.

thanks & regards

sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your question. This year’s first year students have 4/5 lecture style sessions per week and 5 small group sessions (PBL, PDG and one-to-ones). Lectures are typically 1hour in duration and small group session are usually 2 hours. You would be looking at about 20-24 hours of academic content each week in total.

It is worth mentioning that placements and individual group study are not included in that average week. Hope this helps- let me know if you would like to know anything else.

Melody
Original post by Alo4
Anyone else the 18th for interview day??

My interview is the 18th of December too! Mines at 1:15 I think
Anyone know how many medical students they accept each year? I think they interview around 400 but it’d be nice to know the odds in an interview for getting in
Original post by Ethan-61001
Anyone know how many medical students they accept each year? I think they interview around 400 but it’d be nice to know the odds in an interview for getting in

I swear in the email it said the odds were around 50% of those interviewed got offers?
Original post by DGeorge13
I swear in the email it said the odds were around 50% of those interviewed got offers?

That’s lower than I thought

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending